Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 23, 2020 06:19

That same thing was happening back in 2016 if you remember. I think I voted for it for president, kind of regret that now.

jb

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 23, 2020 19:32

Chris Fountain
When they figure out where the asteroid lands, why not construct a gigantic trampoline and have it bounce back into space? smiling smiley

I hope that comment was made in jest. This rock is bigger.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 23, 2020 20:03

No worries,, It is only 6.5 feet in circumference. And the earth is 70% Water. I will cite source

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-23 20:41 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 23, 2020 20:37

Outflow from Marco overhead, it's a bit more humid. The humidity has a different feel than the usual way it feels, it's heavier. It's only 78% but it feels like, well, ha ha, that a storm is approaching.

A storm that won't be as significant of an impact as people fear. Where I live we're under a tropical storm warning. We were in a hurricane watch. It probably won't be a hurricane when it makes landfall around Grand Isle, LA.

Hurricane Laura will be nothing at all to worry about.

Date: August 23, 2020 21:40

Chris Fountain
No worries,, It is only 6.5 feet in circumference. And the earth is 70% Water. I will cite source

I wouldn't want to be anywhere nearby if it hits. If it hits a populated place people will die. Then again its like Covid-19. Some think its serious, some dismiss it.

Date: August 24, 2020 01:52

Barely getting rain so far. Marco is a bust. It's not even gonna hit.

Date: August 24, 2020 06:28

GasLightStreet

Isn't that a good thing? lol

Date: August 24, 2020 06:32

daspyknows
GasLightStreet

Sometimes we get geared up for these things and it's kind of a disappointment. They provide a change in direction, something other to do, especially when the summer is as long as it is. And this year with COVID... it's the ultimate shoulder shrug.

Date: August 24, 2020 13:41

They are now saying that Hurricane Laura will evolve into a Cat 2 Storm.

Date: August 24, 2020 20:01

Chris Fountain
They are now saying that Hurricane Laura will evolve into a Cat 2 Storm.

They don't know. Some models call it for being a 4, some show it being a 1, some have it going right over New Orleans... the models aren't ever right until the "final approach" to landfall. Nor have they ever said they're right - they're all just guesses based on information that, by the time it gets entered, has changed.

Date: August 24, 2020 20:32

GasLightStreet
daspyknows
GasLightStreet

Sometimes we get geared up for these things and it's kind of a disappointment. They provide a change in direction, something other to do, especially when the summer is as long as it is. And this year with COVID... it's the ultimate shoulder shrug.

I can see that perspective. Out in California we have the fires and everyone is on edge. Has the scare yesterday when there was a garage fire just up the hill from me when the winds started whipping up. I went to see what was up when the 2nd alarm was called. Was quite the scare.

Date: August 24, 2020 21:15

Marco is only still named because of the center of circulation having 40 mph winds. There is no convection, wind shear tore the storm apart. It will be gone by tonight probably and just be a blob of not much wandering west, if it does at all.

Date: August 25, 2020 20:08

Hurricane Laura will be Cat 3 wherever it lands - I've been through many of these attacks my entire life, Cat 3 will break anything!!

Date: August 26, 2020 04:12

Models still focused more towards Texas. The Euro has category 3 Laura landfalling just NE of Galveston/Houston while the GFS just west of Cameron, LA early Thursday morning.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 26, 2020 04:41

Laura should be passing over me sometime Thursday . . .

Date: August 26, 2020 13:47

Laura will become a CAT 4 storm. This is very serious.

Date: August 26, 2020 18:08

Aquamarine

Be safe. This one is gonna be nasty.

Date: August 26, 2020 18:19

daspyknows
Aquamarine

T

Authorities are also concerned about the Off-Shore Oil Refineries near Port Charles?. Gasoline prices will be impacted if not already.

Date: August 26, 2020 18:53

Chris Fountain
daspyknows
Aquamarine

T

Authorities are also concerned about the Off-Shore Oil Refineries near Port Charles?. Gasoline prices will be impacted if not already.

Mother nature is pissed. This is looking like Katrina all over again.

Date: August 26, 2020 19:48

What next in this unfavorable year?

Date: August 26, 2020 20:05

140.5 mph wind found in the north wall. Expected to landfall with 145 mph sustained winds and the storm surge, well, probably 15-20 feet. Dolphins are swimming up the Sabine river.

Laura stayed in the Caribbean. Had she gone over the islands it might be a different storm. Warm water and no wind shear are letting her blow up. Gonna be bad. Very bad.

Date: August 27, 2020 05:08

150 mph winds. Up a little higher in the eyewall winds 180-225 mph. 20 foot plus storm surge... crazy. Will most likely be the strongest landfalling August hurricane in Louisiana history.

Date: August 27, 2020 05:57

Pressure bottomed at 937, it's gone up to 939, dry air on the southern eyewall... looking like she won't make it to a category 5.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 28, 2020 05:09

Calm after the storm ...........

Drumcondra 6.39am -- 28 August 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 28, 2020 08:43

Just got power/internet back after Laura passed through. One of the scariest mornings ever, but I escaped both alive and with minimal damage compared to some of my neighbors.

Date: August 28, 2020 18:06

Aquamarine
Just got power/internet back after Laura passed through. One of the scariest mornings ever, but I escaped both alive and with minimal damage compared to some of my neighbors.

That's good. Obviously you're lucky. Hell, Cameron and Lake Charles are lucky it took a wobble to the east and the bulk of the storm surge went east. It could've been worse but it's very bad enough already.

2 more months to go... November is usually calm.

Date: August 29, 2020 01:46

Aquamarine

Glad to hear it. This one threaded the needle for "minimizing" damage. Was watching the weather and there are two more tropical waves they are looking at. Do they really have unique names for X, Y and Z? Xavier, Yolanda and Ziggy? We might get there this year.

Date: August 29, 2020 10:16

Drumcondra 6.43am ----- 29 August 2020

ROCKMAN

Date: August 29, 2020 16:15

daspyknows
Aquamarine

Glad to hear it. This one threaded the needle for "minimizing" damage. Was watching the weather and there are two more tropical waves they are looking at. Do they really have unique names for X, Y and Z? Xavier, Yolanda and Ziggy? We might get there this year.

Q, U, W, Y and Z are not used.

Date: August 30, 2020 01:07

Drumcondra 6.44am ----- 30 August 2020

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1939
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home