Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 93
Re: OT: Weather around the world (2013-)
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 20, 2013 06:53

Firkin' hot here, here being western Uganda. Back in London on Thursday, forecast looks OK for the rest of August, not QUITE on the slippery slope down into the 'orrible English winter just yet !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 20, 2013 11:30

Out here in the Chiltern Hills in Hertfordshire it's a beuatiful day.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 21, 2013 00:52

ROCKMAN

Date: August 25, 2013 05:50

Geeeeekers!!! and down here they warn us that takin' a bath when ya half-tanked can be dangerous...........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: August 26, 2013 20:10

On Sunday here in the Adirondacks in upstate New York we had a 2.something earthquake. Just heard a loud bang (a little bit louder than a jet breaking the sound barrier) and that was it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 26, 2013 21:47

On the California coast it's hot and bright inland with a fog bank lying 'bout 1/2 mile off the coast. Great for afternoon windsurfing and kiteboarding. Surf is pretty small with occasional bigger sets about once/week.

Still seein' the planes flying overhead about 3 times a week dumping something that turns into clouds and white misty vapor. Some call it Chemtrails, all I know is that it is obviously man-made.

It's possible they are just making visible trails in the sky to add data points to the computer weather models being developed by the military and others.

No question that it is happening LARGE SCALE right in front of low pressure fronts that are approaching the California coast. Someday soon I hope someone will let the general population know what this is all about; but since it's likely military, I'm not holding my breath. peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 27, 2013 02:55

I saw footage on the news last night of planes dumping fire retardants over parts of California to combat all the wild fires. Maybe that's what you were seeing, Naturalust.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 27, 2013 03:23

latebloomer
I saw footage on the news last night of planes dumping fire retardants over parts of California to combat all the wild fires. Maybe that's what you were seeing, Naturalust.

Naw, they don't dump fire retardants at high altitudes over the coast. This has been happening for several years now and is something different altogether. Geo-engineering some are calling it....

But yeah we've got some really dry forests that are ready for a good burn. Wild fires are mostly natural, imho, and most should be left to burn in order to regenerate the forests. peace

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: August 27, 2013 16:38

I'm no scientist, but I think this might be an attempt to reduce Global Warming by spraying the air with sun-reflecting particles to reduce the greenhouse effect.
Don't want to talk about Big Government, the oil companies, politics...but this is scary. I wonder what the atmosphere would be like here in the US if just for one day, there would be no cars on the road except for emergency vehicles. Never would happen, but it would be interesting.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 15, 2013 09:09

We've had a long, long warm and beautiful summer here in Sweden but finally autumn is here! Such a beautiful season with high air and all the lovely colours!
On another note I hear about the flood in Colorado on the news. I hope things go well down there for those involved!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-15 09:15 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 15, 2013 18:47

Bump!

Date: September 15, 2013 22:32

Stoneage
We've had a long, long warm and beautiful summer here in Sweden but finally autumn is here! Such a beautiful season with high air and all the lovely colours!
On another note I hear about the flood in Colorado on the news. I hope things go well down there for those involved!

thumbs up

Flower Power
PEACE

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 16, 2013 10:07

I hear it is raining too much in Colorado [www.usatoday.com] Pix [www.google.com]

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: September 16, 2013 23:55

Now the experts are saying ice is increasing in the arctic regions. Global warming???

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 17, 2013 00:07

Sweden looks SO beautiful!

It has been three week of hot as hell with plenty of humidity in Los Angeles, and I am SICK OF IT! Until Global Warming came along, LA would have 2 very hot days and we would all complain and rush to buy a fan.

Date: September 17, 2013 00:50

It seems surreal how beautiful the weather is here in the Washington DC area, considering what happened today. Just grateful that my neighbors made it home safe from the Navy Yard. Enjoy the day everyone, you just never know...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 17, 2013 00:54

latebloomer
It seems surreal how beautiful the weather is here in the Washington DC area, considering what happened today. Just grateful that my neighbors made it home safe from the Navy Yard. Enjoy the day everyone, you just never know...

I'm glad they were safesmiling smiley

Date: September 17, 2013 01:10

........THE AGE ---- 17 Sep 2013

ROCKMAN

Date: September 17, 2013 02:28

BluzDude
latebloomer

Thanks, BluzDude. The weird thing is, one of the neighbors was also working at the Pentagon when it was hit on 9/11. The guy is either incredibly lucky or incredibly unlucky, depending on how you look at it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 17, 2013 10:53

latebloomer
BluzDude
latebloomer

Thanks, BluzDude. The weird thing is, one of the neighbors was also working at the Pentagon when it was hit on 9/11. The guy is either incredibly lucky or incredibly unlucky, depending on how you look at it.

Incredibly lucky if you can live to tell about it. Stay safe.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 17, 2013 23:32

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-22 09:16 by colonial.

Date: September 21, 2013 05:30

ROCKMAN

Date: September 21, 2013 15:59

Wow, that drought looks rough Rockee, is it down your way?

We're expected to get rain here tonight, and then we're going to have blasts of heat off and on, through mid October.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 21, 2013 16:09

no kidding, looks like you could fall into one of those crevasses!

It's raining here...sigh, only 8 more months of this...but now I appreciate it a bit more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-21 16:10 by treaclefingers.

Date: September 22, 2013 00:14

is it down your way?

heck no that's up around the top end of Queensland ...inland from Townsville

ROCKMAN

Date: September 22, 2013 00:23

Guess that's why your climate commisssion was fired...

Date: September 22, 2013 00:26

....YEAH ..that's Abbott taking an axe ta everything now that he's in power

ROCKMAN

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 22, 2013 10:38

stonesrule
Sweden looks SO beautiful!

It has been three week of hot as hell with plenty of humidity in Los Angeles, and I am SICK OF IT! Until Global Warming came along, LA would have 2 very hot days and we would all complain and rush to buy a fan.
Yeah, I'm about 70 miles north of LA now & triple digits daily but great pool weather. Glad it finally just broke today, no AC! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: October 11, 2013 13:39

Rain, rain, rain...straight through till Monday. Listening to it hit the skylight right now.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 11, 2013 14:31

no snow in these parts of Finland - but pissing down rain all the time

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1475
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home