Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 93
Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 18, 2014 23:58

I am going to kindly ask one more time...
CAN WE PLEASE BE DONE WITH THIS WINTER ALREADY!!!!
ENOUGH WITH THE SNOWING ALREADY!!!! ENOUGH WITH THE FREEZING WEATHER ALREADY!!!

that is all

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:08

Spent the last several days taking in 5 pre-season baseball games in the Phoenix area. For each of the 3 day games we attended, the weather was between 77 and 81 degrees...so from me you won't get any more talk about the cold winter.

Date: March 19, 2014 00:11

BluzDude
Spent the last several days taking in 5 pre-season baseball games in the Phoenix area. For each of the 3 day games we attended, the weather was between 77 and 81 degrees...so from me you won't get any more talk about the cold winter.
I am ok talking about it, I am just tired of it coming again, tonight.

And swwwweeeeeeetttt..... sunny days in Arizona for spring traing, good for you BluzDude!

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:20

20 Celsius today in Zurich Switzerland

No winter this winter.. end of November we had on one day with about 20 mm of snow. That was it. Trees lost their leafs after December 31 and now leafs grow again. I must say we had no winter here at all

okay in the swiss mountains it was different specially in the south. In Ticino (swiss canton south of the alps) they had snow about two weeks ago and last sunday 26.5 Celsius. Nobody can say that this is not crazy.

Date: March 20, 2014 07:20

Happy FDOS (First Day Of Spring) good people of IORR!

It couldnt get a day too soon, for me anyway.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:49

Please, no.....

Hey, East Coast, a “Nor’easter Bomb” Might Be Heading Your Way

Though the calendar now says spring, atmospheric gremlins are conspiring to make winter linger a bit longer.

Thanks to a Rex Block over Alaska, the jet stream will take another deep dive from the North Pole to the eastern United States this weekend. That pattern will be locked in place throughout much of next week, plunging most of the eastern part of the country back into the deep freeze. Temperatures from Sunday to Thursday will be 10 to 25 degrees colder than long-term averages across most of the East, more fitting of mid-January than late March.

But the crown jewel of the wintery encore will be a major late-season nor’easter. Born of a combination of bitterly cold air and a core of rapidly intensifying low pressure, a big storm is increasingly likely to buzz the East Coast early next week.

The National Weather Service did not mince words in their headline of a technical discussion of the potential beast: “Nor'easter bomb indicated off the mid-Atlantic coast late Tuesday night.”

The scary-sounding descriptor “bomb”—also known as “explosive cyclogenesis”–is a technical word meteorologists use when low pressure centers deepen at a rate faster than 24 millibars in 24 hours, which happens in only the most intense storms.

The NWS continues:

The East Coast cyclone has the potential to produce late-season heavy snowfall over a wide swath of real estate from Virginia to New England; that is a generality at this point. Much remains in terms of refining the forecast state by state. Another high-impact factor will be the powerful winds generated by this sprawling, intense circulation, along with high seas, beach battery, coastal flooding, and so forth. Again, at this point, such sensible weather effects are simply attendant to the potential of such a storm.

That’s a bold forecast, especially five days before the storm arrives.

[www.slate.com]

Date: March 24, 2014 06:02

I hope winter lasts all summer, I hope we get tons more snow, even more than we got yesterday and more than they are calling for tonight and tomorrow. These freezing temperatures are so awesome!! I hope 20-30 degrees last until July-August!!! Freezing weather and March snow is so great!!! SO FKG AWESOME!!!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 29, 2014 13:19

Chilly, but nice out in Pittsburgh. Calling for some showers and maybe an inch of snow through tonight, into morning.

Latebloomer, besides Berlin, I'm hitting a few more shows. If you want, email me and I'll give the cities. Then you can pay attention to the shirts/memorabliia pertaining to those places.

Posted by: WilcoMick ()
Date: March 29, 2014 13:22

Sunny here in Voorschoten, about 16 degrees, wonderful. I had a 5K team run this morning, great running weahter: 21.18 minutes! smiling smiley

Wilco

Date: March 30, 2014 21:39

But, it is supposed to be close to 70 degrees tomorrow...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 31, 2014 09:10

0 degrees celcius and cloudy like as in boring november here in Stockholm...

Sad Sad Sad

2 1 2 0

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 31, 2014 09:16

Where I am, not many Kms from Hanging Rock, it's about 31C.

If the show had been today (a day after scheduled) then there would have been a LOT of sunburn issues!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 2, 2014 23:49

.......don't know whether I'd trust the doc with a love-potion

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2014 23:50

I just wanted to say, up here in Canada, we're having weather today as well.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 3, 2014 14:52

Rockman

.......don't know whether I'd trust the doc with a love-potion

Well, after the hyena's eaten your genitals, you haven't much else left to lose...may as well roll the dice!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 3, 2014 15:25

Stockholm!

Date: April 3, 2014 17:35

Nice and sunny enough for a nap, on the back porch.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 3, 2014 19:24

Date: April 4, 2014 14:37

Rain, here in Pittsburgh, so no nap outside today. sad smiley

Date: April 13, 2014 15:44

Spring has sprung, finally. In the mid 70's yesterday, up to the mid 80's today...time to break out the shorts and sunscreen.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: April 13, 2014 20:12

Well, it's a bit warmer today...in the 60's with promises to be in the mid-70's on Monday. Then a cold front will be coming through, so I'm cautiously optimistic that spring is here to stay. I wouldn't be surprised if we have just one more snowstorm before Old Man Winter calls it quits for this year.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 13, 2014 21:54

Lovely spring weather in Rome.

Date: April 13, 2014 23:48

Bellajane
Well, it's a bit warmer today...in the 60's with promises to be in the mid-70's on Monday. Then a cold front will be coming through, so I'm cautiously optimistic that spring is here to stay. I wouldn't be surprised if we have just one more snowstorm before Old Man Winter calls it quits for this year.

We're supposed to get another cold snap here too, and there were rumors of a late snowstorm, which, I think, are over. But, in any case, I refuse to believe it. The snow boots, hats and gloves are now in the attic and I'm not pulling them out again! smiling smiley

Date: April 14, 2014 00:01

Perfect day for a nap on the back porch. Sun shining, 80's and a nice breeze to cool you off.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: April 14, 2014 02:17

lordy, lordy, high water everywhere.

Date: April 14, 2014 22:23

One of a few blood moons, starts around at 2 am est, tomorrow morning. NA and SA will be able to see the whole eclipse. Doesn't last too long, read the link below, or the many other articles found online.

[www.cnn.com]

Date: April 15, 2014 05:01

Blood moon sounds quite cool, the optimal time here is about 3:30 am. But I don't know if I'm going to make it...

Date: April 15, 2014 09:18

Get outta here clouds!!!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 15, 2014 16:39

Missed the blood moon last night due to cloud cover. sad smiley
Tonight, due to no cloud cover and a cold front, our overnight lows are supposed to be down to the mid-upper 20's (oF)
Last Saturday & Sunday highs were in the low 80's and I was working on my pool in a T-shirt & shorts.
Starting to think that my Tennessee springtime has morphed into New England springtime.
C'mon Mother Nature, I was wanting to be in the pool by Mother's Day this year!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: April 15, 2014 16:53

I hear ya, Mr DJA, rain now and cold coming tonight here too. Best to just enjoy the sights from inside for a few days...

Cherry Blossom trees in full bloom around the Tidal Basin.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1295
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home