Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 93
Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 10, 2021 22:19

Starting to get that Autumn feel about it, (Autumn, Spring my favourite seasons) smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 11, 2021 05:39

colonial
Starting to get that Autumn feel about it, (Autumn, Spring my favourite seasons) smileys with beer

You're getting close to your second peak of tropical cyclone season.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 2, 2021 05:45

Drumcondra ---- 6.41am -- 1 May 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 2, 2021 13:08

Date: May 2, 2021 19:36

The shift of moisture content from the tropics to the mid latitudes has definitely happened as expected.

The convection/rising air bodies over continents and oceans is more intense right now than it was at this time last year in regard to hurricane season, which will most likely result in less storms but more stronger storms, as in, more high end category 2s or 3s than in the past few years.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 2, 2021 23:49

Yep the next forever is gonna be a pretty wild ride unless someone gets the place in a lot better order than its heading.

Maybe this should have been posted in the "cheer you up" thread.

jb

Date: May 3, 2021 03:08

Drumcondra 6.43am ----- 3 May 2021

Through the mirror of my mind
Time after time
I see reflections of you and me
Reflections of
The way life used to be
Reflections of
The love you took from me

......................Reflections -- Holland–Dozier–Holland

ROCKMAN

Date: May 3, 2021 06:53

jbwelda
Yep the next forever is gonna be a pretty wild ride unless someone gets the place in a lot better order than its heading.

Maybe this should have been posted in the "cheer you up" thread.

jb

No one will get it in a better order. It's simply not possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-11 20:19 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 3, 2021 14:11

Rockman

Drumcondra 6.43am ----- 3 May 2021

Through the mirror of my mind
Time after time
I see reflections of you and me
Reflections of
The way life used to be
Reflections of
The love you took from me

......................Reflections -- Holland–Dozier–Holland

No problems there from the poisonous smoke over Sydney, I see. Keep it that way!smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: May 9, 2021 03:42

Foggy sunrise.

Date: May 9, 2021 04:00

Still waters here .....

Drumcondra 6.47am --
9 May 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: May 18, 2021 10:11

Drumcondra 6.47am ---- 18 May 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: June 10, 2021 20:03

There was supposed to be an eclipse…

Date: June 14, 2021 05:36

Drumcondra 6.57am ------ 14 June 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: June 14, 2021 12:52

The storm is threatening…

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: June 14, 2021 16:49

SomeTorontoGirl
The storm is threatening…
I have heard that somewhere before. lol.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 17, 2021 01:46

Heatwave arriving in California, Wyoming, Idaho etc. pretty soon. Temperature up to 50 C. That's hot. I need a drink or two - or three.

Date: June 17, 2021 07:03

Late July-August heat in SE Louisiana the past week or so ie the first two weeks of June. Tropical system on the way for this weekend. This spring and summer we've had tons of rain, then above average summer heat with no rain, then violent storms, then above summer average heat... and some days with average summer heat.

Since the first day of summer (June 1st) we've been janked up hot. It doesn't mean July and August will be worse by X amount of degrees like a lot of people idiotically kneejerk to.

Summer is hot in Louisiana and Mississippi and Alabama and Florida. I'd include Texas but they're so ignorant with their political body and the treatment of their power grid and citizens that Texas just doesn't count anymore. People fleeing Los Angeles etc for Austin, TX etc will find out - extremely bad decision.

Makes New Orleans look good - and New Orleans is a nightmare.

Date: June 17, 2021 17:55

Gonna be 110F here today, but its a dry heat.

jb

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 17, 2021 20:25

MAF
Heatwave arriving in California, Wyoming, Idaho etc. pretty soon. Temperature up to 50 C. That's hot. I need a drink or two - or three.

Here on the Southern California coast, high temps for today are at a pleasant 76F or 24 C.
However, head away from the coast 20 miles inland and it's going to be a high of 98F or 36 C.
The real heat in SoCal is further inland around Palm Springs and the surrounding deserts at 118F or 47 C.
For some super deluxe heat, head on up to Death Valley today for a scorching high of 124 or 51 C.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 18, 2021 00:00

Hot in the Los Angeles Valley today. Suddenly, in the middle of a heat wave and drought, it rained. The air smelled wonderful. Then it suddenly stopped. We might not see rain again until October.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 18, 2021 01:39

Feel sorry for those in the US southwest right now with the heat! Along with the low reservoir levels of Lake Mead, might be an ugly summer. Long term, I don't know how areas like Las Vegas and Arizona,etc. can sustain population growth when you're in a desert. I think water will be more scarce as years go by.

Date: June 18, 2021 07:22

Here in SE Louisiana we're under a tropical storm warning. First one since the end of October (not that long ago).

At this point, the center of the storm is going to be very close to going over where I live.

Sound bad?

HELL NO!

HA HA as of now 92L, which may become Tropical Storm Claudette, will be nothing more than about a 3 foot storm surge, a foot of rain and a 60 mph brees!

Ha ha.

No big deal.

Date: June 18, 2021 08:54

jb

Date: June 23, 2021 09:24

Drumcondra 7.02am --- 21 June 2021

Drumcondra 6.58am --- 22 June 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 25, 2021 19:04

Worst Tornado to hit The Czech Republic in Modern Times...It went thru Numerous Small Towns in The Southern Moravian Region...Severe Devastation this is not normal weather for this part of Europe...It Happened Last night...Hail the Size of Baseballs...Everyone is going to send what they can...Drop off points in Prague to bring supplies,food,clothing...Could not have happened at a more trying time then now....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 25, 2021 19:31

The Seattle area (and entire Pacific NW) is under an extreme heat warning for the next several days.

We've had three 100+ degree days in the last 100 years.
The forecast has us potentially having three 100+ days now before the end of June... yikes.

Forest fire season coming up is going to be horrendous, throughout the west.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 25, 2021 19:37

mikey C
Worst Tornado to hit The Czech Republic in Modern Times...It went thru Numerous Small Towns in The Southern Moravian Region...Severe Devastation this is not normal weather for this part of Europe...It Happened Last night...Hail the Size of Baseballs...Everyone is going to send what they can...Drop off points in Prague to bring supplies,food,clothing...Could not have happened at a more trying time then now....
(BBC)

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 25, 2021 19:48

MisterDDDD
The Seattle area (and entire Pacific NW) is under an extreme heat warning for the next several days.

The forecast has us potentially having three 100+ days now before the end of June... yikes.

Going to be ugly this weekend in the northwest. I can't even remember the last time the forecast was for over 100 F here (38 C). I'm laid up, so & won't really need to go out much. Except for a few hours at the end of the day luckily my house stays pretty cool for the most part.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 26, 2021 00:46

crholmstrom
MisterDDDD

Going to be ugly this weekend in the northwest. I can't even remember the last time the forecast was for over 100 F here (38 C). I'm laid up, so & won't really need to go out much. Except for a few hours at the end of the day luckily my house stays pretty cool for the most part.

Hey guys, just across the border up in BC we're getting the same weather system. Supposed to hit over 40C, which I don't recall it ever getting that hot. Already a couple small forest fires locally that hopefully don't get out of control. What is scary is that it's still only June and we're getting these hot temperatures. I'm worried about what July and August will be like.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home