Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 93
Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 3, 2020 17:58

The new storm Cristabol is hammering Florida with massive rain - minor flooding . Unfortunately . Storm is headed to New Orleans - they simply can not get a break

Date: June 3, 2020 19:04

Now there is snake alert here in Florida and fish are actually swimming from ponds to folks ' backyard

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 3, 2020 21:00

A little rain today - I see from my earlier post that we last had some here on 28th April, and that was also after several dry weeks. Not much of a drought by world standards, but unusual for London. All the parks and beaches have been packed.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 3, 2020 23:33

Chris Fountain
The new storm Cristabol is hammering Florida with massive rain - minor flooding . Unfortunately . Storm is headed to New Orleans - they simply can not get a break

Not really.

The center of TS Cristobal is over land in Mexico - it went south. Circulation is nowhere near Florida. Florida is not getting rain from Cristobal, it's just the usual Bermuda High doing its thing.

A lot of guessing going on with this storm but it is projected to head north and, at the moment, models bring it to Vermillion Bay, which is just west of Morgan City and south of New Iberia and Avery Island, where this is made:

Date: June 4, 2020 14:32

That is good news for a change!!!

Date: June 5, 2020 00:14

The images I put here originally mutated! They updated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-06 17:51 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 5, 2020 12:55

I 'm glad it's raining today..... can't remember the last time I saw rain

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2020 13:05

Drumcondra -- 3c --- 7.03am --- 5 June 2020

ROCKMAN

Date: June 5, 2020 17:48

There are some powers that be that are already jumping the gun on Cristobal in Louisiana. This storm, which doesn't exist yet, is already a shooshoo and people are treating it like Katrina.

The Stones show in New Orleans last year did not need to be pushed back a day. That was such a joke. That storm was a shooshoo.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 5, 2020 18:17

Yeaaah, it's raining! after months of maybe a drop or two the flowers, plants and trees in our garden are screaming with happiness.
Me ... I'm just trying to do this jigsaw puzzle until it rains anymore cool smiley

Date: June 5, 2020 22:05

The steering patterns that are bringing rain to Florida are now being partially influenced by Cristobal but still mostly the Bermuda High.

Date: June 5, 2020 23:24

GasLightStreet
The steering patterns that are bringing rain to Florida are now being partially influenced by Cristobal but still mostly the Bermuda High.

Non-Stop Rain all week thru Monday.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 6, 2020 00:11

A lot of rain preceded this............. Norway landslide: Buildings swept away in Alta disaster - 3rd June 2020 ... [www.youtube.com]

The guy who filmed this had been down by the grey house (with the caravan) earlier which was then intact but then ran up the hill. When he got to the top he filmed the grey house disappearing into the sea, followed by the red barn and white house.................lucky bloke....... eye popping smiley ... Long version ... [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-06 00:18 by EddieByword.

Date: June 6, 2020 02:21

Drumcondra 7.01 am ----- 6 June 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 6, 2020 10:35

georgie48
Yeaaah, it's raining! after months of maybe a drop or two the flowers, plants and trees in our garden are screaming with happiness.
Me ... I'm just trying to do this jigsaw puzzle until it rains anymore cool smiley

Here too - first useful rain for weeks and more due today. Just hoping that now the tap's been turned on they remember to turn it off again.

Date: June 6, 2020 13:14

Green Lady
georgie48

Here too - first useful rain for weeks and more due today. Just hoping that now the tap's been turned on they remember to turn it off again.

Oh they will, but the question is, will it be proportional winking smiley
This morning ... some short heavy rain, currently bright blue skies (but coldish). No (corona proof) picknick yet cool smiley. Enjoying Ronnie's interview on Instagram!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 7, 2020 02:47

Beautiful, warm day except for a short rain. It would have been a great day to be in the Pit, in my favourite spot and - dammit - I should be there right... now! sad smiley

Date: June 10, 2020 04:24

Drumcondra 3c - 6.49am ---- 10 June 2020

ROCKMAN

Date: June 23, 2020 07:27

Drumcondra - 6.59am ---- 23 June 2020

ROCKMAN

Date: June 23, 2020 20:38

Verkhoyansk, Russia on Saturday got up to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and unfortunately it's no surprise.

People keep thinking planting trees will solve the problem but some research is finding, finally, that that fluff idea is not true.

Miami, FL thinks elevating roads will solve their flooding issues while a bunch of goobers think sea levels aren't rising yet alone nothing is going on, that it's a hoax.

So many purposely dumb people in the world.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 23, 2020 20:43

Roasting hot in Reading, UK, but a metaphorical dark pallor over the town since Saturday last.

Date: July 7, 2020 20:50

"I read the news today, oh boy ..."
The temperatures in Polar Siberia over June were on average 5 degrees higher than earlier and at some places even 10 degrees. There are worries about increasing numbers of forest fires, but what about the permafrost?
My guess is that, based on the wide spread areas, large, very large quantities of methane gas are surfacing and as such gradually lowering the oxygen percentage in our precious air. After covid-19 we may need masks to filter out the methane.

"It's good news week. Someone dropped a bomb somewhere, contaminating the athmosphere and blackening the sky .... "
eye popping smiley

Date: July 7, 2020 21:25

The mornings are dark down here at thee moment ... ......

Drumcondra 7.05am ----- 7 July 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 7, 2020 21:30

Buffalo NY, Hot with a good chance of The Sabres not making the playoff of the next few year.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: July 8, 2020 01:55

Gully washers in Wisconsin and you know what that means: Free Car Wash!

Date: July 8, 2020 09:52

Rockman

The mornings are dark down here at thee moment ... ......

Drumcondra 7.05am ----- 7 July 2020

Was Jonathan King right after all?
Back to a kind of lockdown again, isn't it? Luckily you are a one of a kind Rolling Stones fan. They can handle any weather.
smileys with beer

Date: July 8, 2020 14:41

Daily Violent Thunderstorms - S. Florida

Date: July 24, 2020 00:22

Drumcondra 6.55am ---- 24 July 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 24, 2020 04:42

The Wilds of Canada, 9:30 pm.

Date: July 24, 2020 09:22

.....oooooowww dat water looks c..c..c...cold Annie ...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home