Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 93
Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: December 26, 2017 16:28

yesterday on Christmas day, it was snowing here in Brooklyn, CT,made me feel like a little kid.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 26, 2017 23:02

Stingaree Bay - 5.30am --- 27 December 2017

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 26, 2017 23:48

It’s the -25C wind chill that’ll send ya looking for your fur-lined bra. It’s going to be a 3 dog night.

Date: December 26, 2017 23:56

I'm really happy down here ....
bought some new Armani shirts and met a new lover .... x

ROCKMAN

Date: December 27, 2017 00:35

Heads up - I’m mailing you a snowball...and I have some connections. I know a lady who will happily fling it at ya for me.

Date: December 27, 2017 00:37

better be quick ..... I move fast .... hhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: December 27, 2017 01:05

holy freekin mama!!!!
It is FREEKIN COLDER THAN freekin cold outside!!!

GLOBAL CHILLING!! damn.... it is too freekin cold!!!

I knew all those people sayiong they wanted a white Christmas and
sayin "It doesnt feel cold enough for Christmas" were gonna bring a backlash

Date: December 27, 2017 01:15

Rockman
better be quick ..... I move fast .... hhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Not fast enough. We’ll get ya.

Date: December 27, 2017 02:52

Reminder to self- NEVER move to or live someplace that ever has a thing called "LAKE EFFECT SNOW"

Weather Alert: Lake Effect Snow Warning Snow emergency declared in Erie Pennsylvania
Dec 26, 2017 7:19p.m.
http:/ /www.goerie.com/news/20171226/snow-emergency-declared-in-erie

A storm that has dumped 60 inches of snow on Erie since Sunday night will bring another heavy blast of lake-effect snow to portions of Erie County Tuesday night and Wednesday.

The National Weather Service in Cleveland is forecasting possible snow accumulation of an additional 7 inches Tuesday night and into the early morning Wednesday.

As of 5 p.m., National Weather Service is reporting that Erie has received 97 inches of snow in December.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-27 02:53 by Leonioid.

Date: December 27, 2017 03:23

so many lake effect snow storms right now... YIKES!!

Date: December 27, 2017 11:11

Stoneage
About the same weather as you STG. -7C and a layer of snow. I think it's called winter! A white christmas this year. Which is good of course.
Looks like you're driving an Alfa Romeo, Dandelion. Or am I wrong? God fortsättning i alla fall! (How do you say that in English?)

Almost... No, it's just a Toyota Auris, unfortunately grinning smiley

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: December 27, 2017 11:30

Beautiful shot of that tree, STG. That's not in High Park, is it? (I'm in Australia now, not many illuminated trees here.)

Date: December 27, 2017 14:18

Marmalade
Beautiful shot of that tree, STG. That's not in High Park, is it? (I'm in Australia now, not many illuminated trees here.)

No, Lady Marmalade, it’s the boardwalk. Beautifully lit, I had to do a drive-by on Christmas night. Hope you’re down there to find our heat and bring it back!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 27, 2017 17:05

-3 F in Chicago area. Cccccccold....

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 27, 2017 17:22

Driving into work this morning in Detroit...

It went down to MINUS 9 Fahrenheit before it went back up again...

At least the music was pumping!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 27, 2017 17:33

Got me a new Puffer Jacket (Amazon Search Results) for Christmas and it might be the warmest winter coat I've ever owned. I hate winter and am currently looking online for pants to go with the jacket as, when walking our new puppy, I'm coming home with a warm/comfortable torso and frozen legs. I don't know what the technology of this jacket is but I plan on having a light gray one (not really safe walling in the dark in the black one I received as a gift) and some pants to go with it. Amazing technology... I'm sold... And counting down the days until springtime. Pool scheduled opening 4/20/18. Until then I'm keeping my puffers on!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 27, 2017 17:37

This is a great example of what "lake effect snow" looks like.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 27, 2017 17:39

Buy a reflektor to put on the jacket, DJA. It's the only thing that makes you visible in the dark. Changing the colour on the jacket doesn't help much I'm afraid.

Date: December 27, 2017 17:43

Date: December 27, 2017 18:20

Stoneage
Buy a reflektor to put on the jacket, DJA. It's the only thing that makes you visible in the dark. Changing the colour on the jacket doesn't help much I'm afraid.

You're correct... I just don't want to put the reflector on the nice new black jacket as I'll be wearing that regularly in "normal" situations. Currently I'm using a small, clip-on "headlamp" that I keep in my pocket until needed when it springs into action as a flashlight. I must say it's much more convenient than the old maglight flashlight I used to carry. I'm also considering a "road workers" reflector vest as this new jacket is so light and small (non-bulky) I'm thinking that a vest may work fine for my purposes. Want and need exercise for me and the pup but don't want to risk life and limb just to get it!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: December 27, 2017 22:28

Methinks the apocalypse is upon us...this being Canada’s 150th birthday, they built a rink in front of our Parliament buildings. Today, they cancelled the scheduled hockey games because...it’s too cold. Wind chill will be -35C this evening. So cold the rink ice is cracking and they can’t play. Too cold for hockey in Canada. End times are near!

[www.cbc.ca]

Date: December 27, 2017 22:35

SomeTorontoGirl
Methinks the apocalypse is upon us...this being Canada’s 150th birthday, they built a rink in front of our Parliament buildings. Today, they cancelled the scheduled hockey games because...it’s too cold. Wind chill will be -35C this evening. So cold the rink ice is cracking and they can’t play. Too cold for hockey in Canada. End times are near!

[www.cbc.ca]

Love it! Henceforth I will no longer use the phrase "Colder Than A Witch's Tittie" and will replace it with "Too Cold For Outdoor Hockey In Canada"!

Peace,
Mr. DJA

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 28, 2017 16:54

Another frozen fog morning in Detroit...

Once again it got colder before it got warmer on the way to work...
FAHRENHEIT

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: December 28, 2017 17:09

Frigid!! It's currently 7 degrees below zero here in upstate New York and typically has been double digits below zero these past few nights. I believe it's supposed to be like this through the New Year. We've had 2 snowstorms already and a nice white Christmas...now I want all of it to melt away. Used to love winter as a kid but it's become a burden. Get the blahs sometime (seasonal affective disorder as it's officially known) and cabin fever. Can't wait for summer!smiling smiley

Date: December 28, 2017 18:09

-20C. Sunny with moderate winds and prolonged grouchy periods.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 28, 2017 19:24

cold as shit here

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 28, 2017 22:35

SomeTorontoGirl

Ya, the grouch's go in cycles usually in the morning. Recommend AC/DC and the Onion.

Date: December 28, 2017 23:03

-35C this evening

UNfun fact: When it hits -40 ( 40 below ) it makes no difference whether it is marked F or C

Date: December 28, 2017 23:17

shattered
SomeTorontoGirl

Ya, the grouch's go in cycles usually in the morning. Recommend AC/DC and the Onion.

Binge-watching The Crown under a down-filled fleece blanket. May pull up Ole Ole Ole later to try to warm up with some latin heat.

Leonioid
UNfun fact: When it hits -40 ( 40 below ) it makes no difference whether it is marked F or C

True...there are appropriate adjectives starting with either letter to describe the horror...especially if you get creative. And I do.

Date: December 28, 2017 23:39

If its stuck at -40 below .... best ya go find yaself a new sqeeeeeeeeze

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home