Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 93
Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 10, 2017 15:54

This is very very very bad...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 10, 2017 18:19

Surface winds not as bad as flight level winds in the FLA Keys. ..."winds gust from 70-90+mph."

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

OT: Hurricane Irma
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 8, 2017 16:48

Most people will know of this 'Category 5' Hurricane which has been devastating parts of the Caribbean and is expected to reach the coast of Florida this weekend.
Today it hit the Turks and Caicos islands and although it has been downgraded to 4
the island has been badly damaged, though not as severely as Barbuda where around 90% of the properties were hit.
Keith and his family have owned a sea front property on the Turks for a number of years. So far, not seen any reference in the news bulletins as to whether it has been affected (yet).

Re: OT: Hurricane Irma
Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: September 8, 2017 17:40

Thoughts and Prayers to everyone in the path of the storm.

For all you folks from Florida coming here into Atlanta, WELCOME!!

Even this far inland, they are telling us to be on the alert at the beginning of next week for possible 100 mph winds, heavy rain, etc.

Elmo, you OK down in middle GA?

Batten down the hatches, folks....

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:11

Also want to say welcome to all the folks on I-75 North as they enter and roll through East Tennessee. According to current forecasts, we're supposed to see remnants of Irma, potentially still with tropical storm status, Mon-Tues-Wed of next week. Was interesting to see multiple convoys of electric repair trucks heading S/W on I-75/40 as I was driving in to work this morning. Not sure where they're headed but good to see them getting prepared even before the storm hits.

Best wishes to all who are forced to ride out the storm! Strange to think that, this time, that might actually include me.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:28

They're calling it a "nuclear storm".... eye popping smiley

STAY SAFE EVERYONE!!!!

Date: September 8, 2017 20:06

They just came on the news here in Atlanta with some rather cool news!

The Atlanta Braves, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, and the Kennesaw State Owls have announced that folks from Florida here escaping the storm can come to games this weekend for FREE. Just show your Florida ID at the gate.

I like to see stuff like that.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 8, 2017 20:13

More politics being injected. Rush Limbaugh says it is fake news...thus there is now a difference of opinion in the political world...and thus...it should not be here, as I understand the rules.

Date: September 8, 2017 20:19

sdstonesguy
More politics being injected. Rush Limbaugh says it is fake news...thus there is now a difference of opinion in the political world...and thus...it should not be here, as I understand the rules.

Oh, Lord. Look for Sean Hannity to jump on that bandwagon soon, I guess.

It's Global Warming, folks. Warm ocean waters are the culprit here.

My oldest son got a graduate degree in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, from UCLA, and is terrified about what is happening to our environment.

But, it's all a hoax, stirred up by the Chinese, right?

"Saints and Ministers of Mercy, DEFEND us....."

Date: September 8, 2017 20:37

Rush claims it is local merchants paying off the media so that people rush to buy goods & raise profits.

While I do not agree, it is clearly now a political issue (as is virtually all news), and thus, is against the rules here to discuss. I do not make the rules here, and whether or not I agree with them is moot...we should follow them...blindly.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 8, 2017 20:40

Dude, you started it... grinning smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 20:47

Whatever you do, do not post this link:

[iorr.org]

Rules are rules...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 20:48 by sdstonesguy.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 8, 2017 21:15

Mongoose

Even this far inland, they are telling us to be on the alert at the beginning of next week for possible 100 mph winds, heavy rain, etc.

So far, so good, Mongoose. Lots of travelers coming thru. Take care, everyone. Could get nasty!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: September 8, 2017 21:17

Mongoose
They just came on the news here in Atlanta with some rather cool news!

The Atlanta Braves, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, and the Kennesaw State Owls have announced that folks from Florida here escaping the storm can come to games this weekend for FREE. Just show your Florida ID at the gate.

I like to see stuff like that.

Drive by the Varsity and Tech will give ya a diploma! Go Dawgs!

Seriously, a nice gesture by the GT folks. Stones played in that stadium in 2015.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: September 8, 2017 21:30

Elmo Lewis
Mongoose

So far, so good, Mongoose. Lots of travelers coming thru. Take care, everyone. Could get nasty!

Y'all keep us posted as to how y'all are doing as the storm comes through... I couldn't make out exactly where they were forecasting the change from Hurricane back to Tropical Storm status so not sure how strong they're expecting in ATL. Headline on an article in the Knoxville paper today was along the lines of: "East Tennessee, Where Hurricanes Come To Die". Pretty sure y'all will have it worse than we will.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 8, 2017 21:36

Guys, people start these threads because of concern for others. I have two kids in the path. One in Cuba and one in Florida. Kindly leave the political B.S. out of it. Divisive politics do not matter whether it's a politician or a political commentator or broadcaster. Focus on people's lives instead. There's enough real drama without the unnecessary fake crap.

Date: September 8, 2017 22:20

Rocky Dijon
Guys, people start these threads because of concern for others. I have two kids in the path. One in Cuba and one in Florida. Kindly leave the political B.S. out of it. Divisive politics do not matter whether it's a politician or a political commentator or broadcaster. Focus on people's lives instead. There's enough real drama without the unnecessary fake crap.

Couldn't agree more, Rocky.

Prayers and love go out to your kids.

My wife and I have been wondering what we here in ATL can do to help that particular family that just barely makes it here on gas, but finds all the hotels booked up.

I'm going to check on some local resources that might have sprung up, and I'll post anything I find here.

Date: September 8, 2017 22:27

Finding a hotel room in suburban Gwinnett County, GA (north east of Atlanta):

[www.exploregwinnett.org]

I'll keep looking for more.

Date: September 8, 2017 22:32

And, this, from Atlanta TV station WSB:

[www.wsbtv.com]

Date: September 10, 2017 01:29

Date: September 10, 2017 19:37

I live about where the GA "G" is on that map. Preparing for a bumpy ride (not nearly as rough as many have had it) and praying for the best.

Prayers for all affected by Irma.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: September 10, 2017 23:14

I and my family evacuated Savannah and now understand that Birmingham will be hit. God bless one and all and prayers with all!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 10, 2017 23:17

I hope everyone in the path are safe in a secure location. Prayers to you all and for the animals affected too. Jose is not far behind, this hurricane season is gonna be one for the history books.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 11, 2017 00:31

Drumcondra -- 6.30am - 11 September 2017

ROCKMAN

Date: September 11, 2017 22:39

Great article about Hurricane Irma.

In its sustained 185 mile-per-hour winds, and its record-breaking low pressure (914 millibars), it is the strongest storm ever measured in the open Atlantic Ocean.

[www.theatlantic.com]

Some people heard TWC talk about the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic Basin excluding the Caribbean Sea and Gulf Of Mexico and pulled a typical read the headline not the article response and said STRONGEST HURRICANE EVER! because somehow they don't understand what the word Basin means.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 11, 2017 23:17

GasLightStreet
Great article about Hurricane Irma.

In its sustained 185 mile-per-hour winds, and its record-breaking low pressure (914 millibars), it is the strongest storm ever measured in the open Atlantic Ocean.

[www.theatlantic.com]

Some people heard TWC talk about the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic Basin excluding the Caribbean Sea and Gulf Of Mexico and pulled a typical read the headline not the article response and said STRONGEST HURRICANE EVER! because somehow they don't understand what the word Basin means.

It really messed up some islands down/out there and because the infrastructure is so badly damaged it is not getting a lot of press, but there are some sad scary stories of humans devolving 2000 years to survive.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 13, 2017 08:46

Drumcondra -- 6.15am - 11 September 2017

ROCKMAN

OT: Hurricane Maria to Hit Puerto Rico
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 19, 2017 16:00

I know this is completely OT,but l live in Puerto Rico and a category 5 (THE HIGHEST) Hurricane is coming down our way and it will strike tomorrow,this will destroy our island,so l would like to ask all of you regardless of your religious beliefs to send our way,good vibes,prayers,chants,or whatever turns you on,we need it,thanks and continue enjoying the tour...Love and Peace..Roland

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: OT: Hurricane Maria to Hit Puerto Rico
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 19, 2017 16:11

Hang in there, Roland...
you're in our thoughts!!

Re: OT: Hurricane Maria to Hit Puerto Rico
Date: September 19, 2017 18:30

Batten down the hatches Roland! We'll be rooting for you! My buddy and I were on facebook messanger while Irma closed on him in Ft. Meyers, FL the other week. Not fun for him or you either.

Please let us know you're OK as soon as your able. And or keep us up to date while it's going on. We're in your corner!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home