Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 93
Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: March 14, 2017 08:24

yea Rockeee, ya know what they say about things being too calm, scary calm...

But I think that bird sorted it out... he knew what to do.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2017 08:43

....I like things scary calm ..... good for ya nerves ...... makes 'em shake a little ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 14, 2017 19:36

Getting a little late winter in March here in Georgia.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 15, 2017 04:38

aaaargh!! already 92°F degrees here in Las Vegas (33°C) We had such a gorgeously cool winter (my first in Vegas) I was praying somehow that the region would forget it's a desert, just mellow the %^&* out, and temps would stay livable for humans a bit longer.

Date: March 15, 2017 06:25

Don't the moon look lone-some, shining through the trees ........

Eastern Gardens 6.00am -- 15 March 2017

ROCKMAN

Date: March 15, 2017 06:31

Stingaree Bay -- 7am -- 15 March 2017

ROCKMAN

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 15, 2017 08:18

Rockman
Stingaree Bay -- 7am -- 15 March 2017

Wooowheee!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 15, 2017 21:21

We didn't get all the predicted snow, just enough to mess up the roads and sidewalks. But it's still -5'C and windy as a crossfire hurricane. Hard to tell the snow from the salt.

The designers at Subaru call this colour Schmenge.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2017 21:48

They say we talk and think more about the weather than sex in Norway. It is probably true. Today we got an example why.

Last night I was walking home from the train station in Asker, half an hour away from home. I was so happy because my hockey team had just won their 4th quarter final game and are now going further into semi finals of the Norwegian ice hockey play-off. While I was walking home there was heavy wind, still no problem to walk. Heavy wind in the central Oslo area means storms in the mountains between Oslo and Bergen. They got half a meter i.e. 5 feet of wet snow tonight in the mountains. Every time I feel this wind I know that people in the mountain areas have storms, roads are closed, people die if they don't take care. The weather do control our lives especially in the winter days.

After storms there are avalanches. A group of six German tourists decided to go by ski from Haugastøl 1.000 masl to Finse 1.222 masl this morning. It is a high mountain stretch that is modest in normal weather but it might be very dangerous in storms. At noon i.e. 12pm or so the group was hit by an avalanche. A woman age 22 was taken by the large avalance and she was gone.

The area of the avalance was large. The weather today was too tough for helicopter rescue. The rescue people had to go by ski and train, the train track is going to a high mountain area where nobody is living. First they searched by long sticks into the snow, a typical procedure with avalances. Then after 2-3 hours a rescue team with seven specially trained avalance dogs arrived by special train transportation. After 8-10 minutes one of the dogs marked an area at the very end of the avalance area. The guys with the long sticks moved in and they found the missing woman under 1,5 meter i.e. 5 feet of snow. She was brough by train to haugastøl and then helicopter to the emergency hospital. She is now in critical condition but because she was found after 3,5 hours and not a day or two there is still a chance she will make it.

Next time you get angry because a dog is barking or shitting then think about the unique abilities dogs are supplying to mankind through smeling and sensing thinks we do not handle. Next time you complain about bad weather think about the fact that the weather can always be worse, a lot more worse.

Feel free to run this on Google translate. It is the story of the avalanche.

Kvinne alvorlig skadd i snøskred ved Haugastøl
[www.smp.no]

Bjornulf

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 15, 2017 22:49

bv
They say we talk and think more about the weather than sex in Norway. It is probably true. Today we got an example why.

Last night I was walking home from the train station in Asker, half an hour away from home. I was so happy because my hockey team had just won their 4th quarter final game and are now going further into semi finals of the Norwegian ice hockey play-off. While I was walking home there was heavy wind, still no problem to walk. Heavy wind in the central Oslo area means storms in the mountains between Oslo and Bergen. They got half a meter i.e. 5 feet of wet snow tonight in the mountains. Every time I feel this wind I know that people in the mountain areas have storms, roads are closed, people die if they don't take care. The weather do control our lives especially in the winter days.

After storms there are avalanches. A group of six German tourists decided to go by ski from Haugastøl 1.000 masl to Finse 1.222 masl this morning. It is a high mountain stretch that is modest in normal weather but it might be very dangerous in storms. At noon i.e. 12pm or so the group was hit by an avalanche. A woman age 22 was taken by the large avalance and she was gone.

The area of the avalance was large. The weather today was too tough for helicopter rescue. The rescue people had to go by ski and train, the train track is going to a high mountain area where nobody is living. First they searched by long sticks into the snow, a typical procedure with avalances. Then after 2-3 hours a rescue team with seven specially trained avalance dogs arrived by special train transportation. After 8-10 minutes one of the dogs marked an area at the very end of the avalance area. The guys with the long sticks moved in and they found the missing woman under 1,5 meter i.e. 5 feet of snow. She was brough by train to haugastøl and then helicopter to the emergency hospital. She is now in critical condition but because she was found after 3,5 hours and not a day or two there is still a chance she will make it.

Next time you get angry because a dog is barking or shitting then think about the unique abilities dogs are supplying to mankind through smeling and sensing thinks we do not handle. Next time you complain about bad weather think about the fact that the weather can always be worse, a lot more worse.

Feel free to run this on Google translate. It is the story of the avalanche.

Kvinne alvorlig skadd i snøskred ved Haugastøl
[www.smp.no]

"...think about the fact that the weather can always be worse, a lot more worse." Oh yes!
There are storys about avalanches in the Alps every winter - expacially the real big one in Galtür (Austria) in 1999 which destroyed half a village and killed many people.

Date: March 16, 2017 23:02

Stingaree Bay -- 7am -- 17 March 2017

ROCKMAN

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 16, 2017 23:47

It's melting after getting approximately 30" of the white stuff in two days

Date: March 17, 2017 00:17

black n blue

Eeep! Whereabouts?

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 18, 2017 02:29

SomeTorontoGirl
black n blue

Eeep! Whereabouts?

Lockport NY

Date: April 2, 2017 21:39

Gonna be needin a Stingaree Bay update soon or we will behind the times

Date: April 3, 2017 01:05

Here ya go Hanky Boy .... Daylight saving just clicked back an hour
so there's a bit of light again in the mornings....Stingaree Bay - 7.00am 3 April

ROCKMAN

Date: April 3, 2017 02:46

nice drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-03 13:00 by HankM.

Date: April 4, 2017 00:37

Stingaree Bay -- 04 April 2017

ROCKMAN

Date: April 4, 2017 20:46

In Newfoundland, the horror continues. Kinda reminds me of Gimme Shelter.

[m.youtube.com]

Date: April 5, 2017 00:14

Foookin' snow !!!! .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 5, 2017 00:18

Rockman
Foookin' snow !!!! .....

If you want to curse in proper "Newf" you say "Lord Thundering Jesus!" And yeah, that's a fookin' lot of snow.

Date: April 5, 2017 00:22

Never seen it .... and frankly my dear I don't give a damn ...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 5, 2017 00:24

Rockman
Never seen it .... and frankly my dear I don't give a damn ...

Check your mailbox, just sent ya some.

Date: April 5, 2017 00:30

Thanks my lil' friend .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 5, 2017 01:22

Ah, I see it arrived.

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: April 5, 2017 06:25

It was about 75F today in Washington, DC, supposed to be about the same tomorrow with thunder storms. Thursday will be a bit cooler and Friday will be in the 30's. Crazy weather, but all the scientists have said for years that Global Warming is going to produce very different weather patterns.

All my European friends,you will be surpassing us in America soon in the fight to not ruin the planet.

Sorry for our so called President, I didn't vote for him.

Chris

Date: April 9, 2017 01:16

Stingaree Bay ... 6.45am 9 April 2017

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2017 04:51

Spring has sprung, warm weather is here... Summer is coming

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-09 21:12 by HankM.

Date: April 14, 2017 05:28

Stingaree Bay ...... Good Friday 6am - 14 April 2017

Stingaree Bay ...... Good Friday 7am - 14 April 2017

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: April 15, 2017 13:34

I'm in Saigon at the moment. 36C and sunny and the pool feels about 30C. Happy Easter to all!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home