Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 93
Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 29, 2016 19:53

Winter is coming fast... better curl up tight... get un der co ver un til Ma arch

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 29, 2016 22:17

It's Blue and Lonesome in Buffalo, NY.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 29, 2016 22:34

Elmo Lewis
Longest dry spell since at least 1893 in Georgia! Yep, 1893

Not sure if ours had reached that historical level but we finally got some rain last night which helped local crews put out wildfires within ~5 miles of my home.

Unfortunately we didn't get enough to save Gatlinburg, TN (Sevier County) from some pretty serious damage. About 50 miles, as the crow flies from where I live now. It's hitting me pretty hard as one of the areas hit hardest is on the street where I used to play at a dinner theater back in the 90's. Apparently the convention center across the street is a total loss. Haven't heard any specific news about the building where I used to play.

A bit of good news though: so far, no fatalities (some serious burns and smoke inhalation issues though). Although the Ripley's Aquarium was forced to evacuate, the property avoided damage and the animals are apparently OK. Dollywood and other local attractions have reportedly been able to successfully move their animals out of harm's way.

Link to Knoxville TV Station if you'd like more information.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edit: Unfortunately I just heard an update that three people have died as a result of the fires in Sevier County.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-29 23:17 by mr_dja.

Date: December 14, 2016 07:15

Date: December 15, 2016 12:58

Seriously... what the heck does -15F /- 26C coming this Sunday even mean?

3F right now
3 F

aka
-16 C

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 15, 2016 16:03

It's ridiculously cold. [Sulk] For those in warmer climes who don't know, we salt the roads in winter to combat icing and accidents. Cars can get covered in salty road spray. Well... this is new: [globalnews.ca]

Date: December 15, 2016 18:20

SomeTorontoGirl
It's ridiculously cold. For those in warmer climes who don't know, we salt the roads in winter to combat icing and accidents. Cars can get covered in salty road spray. Well... this is new: [globalnews.ca]

The warning goes ... that you should not try to push moose away from vehicles

BOB!!! GET OUT THERE... GET OUT THERE AND PUSH THAT MOOSE AWAY!!
WATS THAT MOOSE THINK HE IS DOIN LICKIN THE CAR LIKE THAT!!
Just push him Bob, it will be fine, go ahead, everyone does it grinning smiley

But seriously...

I am not sure who would ever try to push moose away from wanting to do anything, it wanted to do but I am basing that ONLY on my SINGLE encounter with a moose in Banff once, late at night and we were walking, not too drunk kind of, and it was dark and I was not fully aware meeses just walked around where humans walk around and... uhm... yeah.... them mooses are LOT bigger up close and breathing on you than from 30 meters away.

Needless to say, as far as I am concerned, next time I am visit the great white North, and if/when there is any salt on my car..."Mi casa es, su casa" Mi salta ona cara, es Moose salta ona cara".

I would happily let any moose lick my car. Because as Dr Doug says “All animals have a natural need for salt because it is an important component in their blood,” Animals will lose salt throughout the day and need to replenish that in order to maintain good health. That would be Dr. Doug Whiteside of the Calgary Zoo said.

fwiw- "The plural form is moose, not mooses or meese meeces" grinning smiley

Date: December 15, 2016 18:26

HEY BOB, GET OUT THERE AND STOP THAT MOOSE,
JUST GRAB HIM!! It will be fine... everyone does it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 15, 2016 18:36

A quick storm is threatening Southern California.
Gimme Shelter winking smiley

Flash Flood Watch for the recent burn areas of Southwest California Thursday afternoon through early Friday morning.

A storm system will generate widespread rainfall across Southwest California beginning later this morning across San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties.
The rain will then spread Southeast across Ventura and Los Angeles Counties during the afternoon. The strongest rainfall will occur during the evening and overnight hours.
Rainfall rates capable of triggering mud and debris flows within the recent burn areas will be possible.

Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from this afternoon through Friday morning.

The Flash Flood Watch continues for.

The recent burn areas of Los Angeles and Ventura counties.
From this afternoon through Friday morning.
Periods of heavy rain late this afternoon, overnight and through

_________________________________________________________________________________

With the draught we've been experiencing for years now every drop of rain counts (flood threats or not).
But for the next 10 days after that, sunny skies back to 'normal' with highs at low to mid '60's F,
and the overnight lows in the low to upper 40's F (brrrrr). Next Thursday will make it up to 68F!

Date: December 15, 2016 18:55

^^FLASH MUD WARNING!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 15, 2016 21:30

Cold, freezing cold...with high winds, and no snow in sight. It pisses me off. If it's this cold, it needs to snow. Period.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: December 15, 2016 22:06

2 degrees below F predicted for tomorrow, with dangerous windchills, then it's going to warm up 40 degrees and bloody rain over the weekend, then temps plummet again for the work week. That's Maine in December right there. January too, these days.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 23, 2017 07:29

Stingaree Bay 5.30am

ROCKMAN

Date: January 23, 2017 22:13

Stingaree Bay

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 23, 2017 22:53

Views like that would make getting up at 5:30 in the morning almost worth it.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 29, 2017 23:52

Stingaree Bay

ROCKMAN

Date: January 30, 2017 02:38

I cant figure out how all the water doesn't fall off, cuz from where I see it... it looks like this...

Still very beautiful...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 30, 2017 05:22

It's s**t here ........'here' currently being Islamabad in Pakistan ! No photo ... it ain't bloody worth takin' one !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: January 31, 2017 03:27

....here ya go Hank ...Stingaree this mornin' right way up .............................Blue mornin' after a blue blue night

ROCKMAN

Date: January 31, 2017 04:25

Beautiful Rockee... beautiful

Do you swim, boat float and water ski-out there?

Date: January 31, 2017 04:30

..... no Hankeeee .... I'm a land-lovin boy .... like the dirt between ma toes ... and I'm allergic ta sharks ... hhhaaaa

Fairly shallow in those shots ...lotta fishing back aqround hard left out in the middle of bay and shipping lanes

ROCKMAN

Date: January 31, 2017 04:39

Rockman
..... no Hankeeee .... I'm a land-lovin boy .... like the dirt between ma toes ... and I'm allergic ta sharks ... hhhaaaa

Fairly shallow in those shots ...lotta fishing back aqround hard left out in the middle of bay and shipping lanes

It's -6' C here, you lowdown, miserable showoff b*stard!

Date: January 31, 2017 04:43

Rockman

I kind of suspected there might be sumthin lurking under that water that would love to eat us for lunch...
But the water does make for a lovely view, keep them photos coming!

Date: February 2, 2017 23:03

Happy Groundhog Day! Wiarton Willie made his annual appearance and did not see his shadow - an early spring coming! Soon all you Heat Hogs down under will have to start blowing some of your hot air our way again! (Today? Can it pleeeeeeze be today?)

Date: February 2, 2017 23:26

Stingaree Bay ...... no STG we's keepin' it all for ourselves ..... enjoy that f'n snow .....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 2, 2017 23:36

[Shaking my frozen fist in your direction!] I no longer give a flip - patio furniture is going back out in 2 months! I'm cold as hell and I'm gonna take it anymore!!!

Date: February 3, 2017 00:36

Rockeee those are some amazing sunsets you get down there... seems like every night, wow!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 3, 2017 00:37

I refuse to look outside the window. that is what a computer is for my friends.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 3, 2017 02:29

hopkins
I refuse to look outside the window. that is what a computer is for my friends.

Never wish the sun away, hopkins...

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2292
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home