Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Midnight Rambler 2012 December 15
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 22, 2012 00:32

Taylor is shaking up The Stones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-22 01:53 by kleermaker.

Re: Midnight Rambler 2012 December 15
Date: December 22, 2012 01:32

Pure Class...The Guy Who Would Not Squeal On His Mates Gets Brought Back Into The Family and Gives Ronnie The Last Riffs...Pure Class!!!!

Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: December 22, 2012 01:50

Magic!

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 02:16

Great to see it in proshot quality!

Performance-wise, when it comes to Taylor on M.R., I'll take the second London show, followed by the first Jersey show.

If we do get a dvd release I hope it is made up from the best of the London shows and therefore will include both Taylor and Wyman.

A couple of comments/crytisisms

I am an ENORMOUS Mick Taylor fan. The man is still great, and has great potential to get even better if given the opportunity.

With that being said...

I know it's because he's thrilled to be there and all, but he looks ridiculous just moving around and dancing sometimes. Check out the 10:39 mark of that video!! I think all the years of people saying that he never moved around enough and just kept his head down has affected him to the point where he is over-compensating. Personally, I like him better when he's standing still and concentrating on his playing. I think it's one of the points that made him great; A true musician concerned about musicality and substance, not image.

Anyway, here's to more shows with more songs featuring Taylor in 2013!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-22 02:21 by achilles77.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: December 22, 2012 02:19

Fantastic. Best live Stones in a long time. Thanks or sharing.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 03:58

Cathartic. Such an explosion of joy and history, and so powerful seeing them all on stage with each other. I just wish Mick could have let Ronnie and Mick spar a little more before the final change back to the verses. Mick Jagger gets antsy and counts out so they will change, he should of let it go longer. But hey, that's a minor quibble.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 22, 2012 04:36

Just watched the YouTube of Midnight Rambler and it reminded me once again that on "big" songs TV just never can take the place of lLIVE.

My musical memory -- thanks to my genetics -- has always been strong and as much as I am glad Mick T was there for the PPV, I have to say that I saw a series of 1969 and 1970 shows and the ones in Scandinavia circa September 1970 still remain sharp and overwhelming in my mind regarding "Midnight Rambler." The menace was overwhelming...we shivered in our shoes. Many in the audiences cried out in fear.

The PPV MR was a wonderful musical ballet featuring the incomparable Jagger and Taylor with impeccable back-up.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 22, 2012 15:16

stonesrule
Just watched the YouTube of Midnight Rambler and it reminded me once again that on "big" songs TV just never can take the place of lLIVE.

My musical memory -- thanks to my genetics -- has always been strong and as much as I am glad Mick T was there for the PPV, I have to say that I saw a series of 1969 and 1970 shows and the ones in Scandinavia circa September 1970 still remain sharp and overwhelming in my mind regarding "Midnight Rambler." The menace was overwhelming...we shivered in our shoes. Many in the audiences cried out in fear.

The PPV MR was a wonderful musical ballet featuring the incomparable Jagger and Taylor with impeccable back-up.

thanks for your posts, stonesrule.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: December 22, 2012 17:39

This is wonderful indeed! 1:32 to 1:38 demonstrates Mick's approach to fill the gaps after sung verses, starting with a blues pentatonic scale and wrapping it up with major scale close to the end. You can hear/watch it here, what he does with the B-scale.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: December 22, 2012 18:16

Fantastic. Taylor is great.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 18:20

good stuff , keith right channel , ronnie left , mick centre , plenty room for three guitarists !

Posted by: roby ()
Date: December 22, 2012 18:27

Well, Ronnie left channel... when he plays !

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 18:46

roby
Well, Ronnie left channel... when he plays !

ha ha yeah , he seems to over-compensate for mick t , should have just kept thrashing it out !

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 18:58

achilles77

I like him better when he's standing still and concentrating on his playing. I think it's one of the points that made him great; A true musician concerned about musicality and substance, not image.

thumbs up

I'm a big Taylor fan too, and I agree, give him a decent amp and more sustain, and leave the posing and image building to others...

This is not the RS 1969/73 anymore, they are getting older and they are established players. Nothing more to prove, understandably.

Thanks for posting, great to watch them once more, Kleer..winking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 22, 2012 19:14

Fabulous display and the best version of all the five he played on. Please please please Mick and Keith, get him back in the band or at least, the touring version if you play again in 2013. This is what the Stones have been lacking. I love Ronnie Wood but there is an added element of danger when Mick Taylor is with them.
Thanks for posting kleer. Happy Christmas my friend.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 22, 2012 19:58

Been getting a daily shot of this since the PPV and am nowhere near tired of it. Best MR since Taylor left, simple as that. Please, please, PLEASE keep him in the line up next year.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 22, 2012 20:23

Thank you Duke!

One thing I must add...In 1969-70 Midnight Rambler truly blew our minds. We had never imagined a song like this!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 22, 2012 20:56

Loved it live, and this is great as well. But...I find the guitar sound of both Taylor and Richards on all concerts just quite bad, for whatever reason. It's all so incredibly trebly and grainy, something I never heard before with the Stones.

Mathijs

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 22, 2012 21:11

I'm quite curious how the sound was mixed on stage for the Stones but in all the audience shot stuff and including the PPV--Keith has been mixed out in place for Taylor. Keith always owned this song and now suddenly he's pushed in the backseat as if he's never played the song before. I'm wondering how the guitars were separated on stage. It still seems a bit too cluttered....the song is too tight to have 3 guitars going at once. Taylor has brought down the noodling considerably since the first show. He's looking to Keith for the changes and he's paying attention. But Keith is so off in the mix--it makes the song appear uneven. There's a wonderful exchange between Keith and Taylor with Taylor on slide...there's a few gems throughout the song.

A better mix would dramatically improve this performance. Hopefully they get it right on the official DVD because it's truly a historic performance.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 21:11

Fantastic. Finally a great audio quality clip!
I think for a minute, during MT's solo spot, MJ was transported back to the 70s...he looked energized by Taylor's presence and the heavier, thicker guitar sound.
This ain't Vegas baby.....

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: December 23, 2012 01:02

pretty good!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 23, 2012 05:05

This song kicked and already cooking show to another level. Even SMU right after it had the energy in it.

Posted by: justamomentita ()
Date: December 23, 2012 06:12

Fantastico,son los mejores.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 23, 2012 13:40

yeah yeah GREAT STUFF.

keep taylor in theb band for next year please .

jeroen

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 23, 2012 15:07

corriecas
yeah yeah GREAT STUFF.

keep taylor in theb band for next year please .

jeroen

Agreed 100%

Posted by: TheMeaning ()
Date: December 23, 2012 15:26

Having seen every U.S. Tour since '78, the primary catalyst for me
having attended "One More Shot" on 12-15-12 last Saturday
(besides the possibility of it actually being The Sones last gig)
- was FINALLY being able to see Mick Taylor perform with his former Band.
That said, Mr. Taylor did NOT dissapoint: After watching him tear thru
Midnight Rambler, I had a genuine feeling of "closure" with large venue,
"Arena Rock", Live rock concerts... If in fact, I never attend another
15,000-plus seat Concert - I'll feel that there could not have been
a more fitting end to a wonderful chapter in my life... As I said
to my wife at the end of M.R. (only half-kidding) - "We can go home now".
(BTW - Yes, of course we stayed thru the final notes of "Satisfaction".
And with good reason: It was overwhelming to see Mick Taylor come back onstage
with the rest of The World's Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band to take their
"final bows"...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 23, 2012 16:44

Silver Dagger
Fabulous display and the best version of all the five he played on. Please please please Mick and Keith, get him back in the band or at least, the touring version if you play again in 2013. This is what the Stones have been lacking. I love Ronnie Wood but there is an added element of danger when Mick Taylor is with them.
Thanks for posting kleer. Happy Christmas my friend.

Hi Silver, thanks and happy holidays for you too!
Alas YT has finally blocked this vid worldwide, after having allowed it with only a minor restriction.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: December 23, 2012 23:00

She's not there

anyone have the skills to make it happen?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 24, 2012 00:00

Only one conclusion possible for 2013: Bring Mick T back. Period.
I am so happy I saw the Stones, with Mick doing my favourite Stones song in London, a moment I will always cherish.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: December 24, 2012 03:06

I dream of MT coming back again. Incredible, and great for MJ and K for allowing him to be there again. Lets make it happen again!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home