Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

She Said Yeah written by ???
Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: January 18, 2005 19:32

Was anybody else shocked to discover in Andrew Oldham's '2Stoned' the true identity of the writer of this classic Out of Our Heads track to be none other than Sonny Bono? The name credited is something like Sam Christie (from memory) who I always pictured as some ageing black r&b guy but apparently this was a pseudonym of the moptop teenybopper. He made good friends with the Stones on their '65 US tour by all accounts.

Wish the Stones would pull this number out of the hat live this year! It sounds like punk 11 years ahead of it's time to me, it's so raw, crunching and fast.

Re: She Said Yeah written by ???
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 18, 2005 19:48

hi,
i think your wrong...sorry.. it was written by roddy jackson and sonny christy, and was first sung by larry williams in 1959.. stones redid it as a heavier beat/mood sound like the who, and yardbirds sound. great guitar work between brian and keith.. great us album...decembers children....

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 18, 2005 20:31

Sonny started out at the great r & b/r'n'r label Specialty in the late 50s, as Art Rupe's assistant promo man, - where Larry Williams recorded - so who knows what he contributed - record co. cats commonly got credit for plugging away at a song. Anybody hear the (orig) Bono-man's 'psychedelic' solo album "inner views' (a pun - get it?)....the RS' SSY is molten proto metal-billy to the core...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-18 20:32 by john r.

Date: January 18, 2005 22:57

Thanks for setting the record straight John. Jackson Christy, that's it, not Sam Christie! Still I'm fairly sure I didn't dream the whole thing. Have you read the Loog's amazing book? Perhaps he was suggesting Bono actually wrote the song but the others got the credit; I'll have to look it up when I get home. Being a psych fan to the core I will have to check out the solo album with the dreadful title.

Posted by: Christian ()
Date: January 19, 2005 10:01

Sonny Bono wrote the song (Sonny Christy is a pseudonym)
Try "Sonny Christy" on google

Christian

Date: January 20, 2005 22:49

Yeah, I checked '2Stoned' and Bono co-wrote the song with Larry Williams and Christy is his pseudonym named after his daughter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1433
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home