Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
GRRR deluxe ... ??
Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 16:14

Just swa the big GRRR deluxe box it contains an extra disc with 4 tracks from the CAMDEN theatre !!!

Re: GRRR deluxe ... ??
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2012 16:41

cool eh?!

They should really release a complete BBC sessions disc, if something like that exists.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: December 19, 2012 19:39

The tracks from Camden Theatre is on 7'vinyl.
The same that's on The swingin' Pig CD-single.
(IBC Demos on bonus disc is also the same as on one of the other Swingin' Pig CD-singles.)

Per-Arne

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 19:58

how come if the stones release something from the vault ... we "fans" already have it ...

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 19, 2012 20:34

We 'already have it', I nearly spilt my cup of tea. Lol

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 19, 2012 22:53

The album is on sale on Amazon, 50 tracks for $5.99.
[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2012 22:55

georgelicks
The album is on sale on Amazon, 50 tracks for $5.99.
[www.amazon.com]

That is the MP3 to be clear...still an exceptional deal if you don't have the songs already.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 17, 2016 22:35

Hi all, I am looking for some help please ...

I recently found out that some deluxe GRRR! versions included a 2nd set of BBC sessions on 7" vinyl:

1. Route 66 BBC Session
2. Cops And Robbers BBC Session
3. You Better Move On BBC Session
4. Mona BBC Session

I am trying to buy this but too many people selling only list that it includes 7" vinyl but don't say what tracks are on it.

My question is ... if i get a version w/ 7" vinyl, is that a guarantee that it will be of the above 4 tracks?

My concern is ... I buy it and end up w/ the same songs I already have, i.e. these:

1. Diddley Daddy iBC Demo Session
2. Road Runner iBC Demo Session
3. Bright Lights Big City iBC Demo Session
4. Honey What's Wrong iBC Demo Session
5. I Want To Be Loved iBC Demo Session

Appreciate any help on this!

Date: June 17, 2016 22:54

The IBC songs are on CD, while the Camden Theatre show is on 7" vinyl.

Date: June 17, 2016 23:09

DandelionPowderman

Cool, just needed to be sure, thanks!

Date: June 17, 2016 23:15

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

May have just scored one for US $55, we'll see if it turns out to be legit! Problem is, these sites either have no way to ask questions about the product, or they say the only info they have is what is listed in the ad. No way to confirm what you are getting!!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 17, 2016 23:17

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

This one: [www.45cat.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 17, 2016 23:54

Aren't the IBC demos the earliest official tracks to on cd? I picked this set up a while ago, guess I never really thought about it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 23:55 by shadooby.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 18, 2016 00:21

You can buy the entire 5cd GRRR Super Deluxe w/7" single on Amazon US (marketplace) for as low as $51.92 from importcd's + $3.99 shipping.
I buy things all the time from importcd's at huge discounts - they are reliable. Might only be available to if US customers?

GRRR Deluxe

I bought this last year from a different Amazon marketplace for $46 + $3.99 shipping.
To be honest I haven't had time to go through it all yet as I was in the middle of a massive spring cleaning/moving situation.
As for now, it sits high on a shelf at my studio with the big goofy gorilla staring down at everybody who comes though. smiling smiley

Date: June 18, 2016 00:39

Hairball
You can buy the entire 5cd GRRR Super Deluxe w/7" single on Amazon US (marketplace) for as low as $51.92 from importcd's + $3.99 shipping.
I buy things all the time from importcd's at huge discounts - they are reliable. Might only be available to if US customers?

GRRR Deluxe

The problem I've run into with Amazon, more than once ... sellers sometimes just lump their item with any one they find, and don't check that it's the exact same thing ... so I have a fear of buying what I think is shown in the picture/description, but then end up w/ another version. If they don't say specifically that it has the 7" om tej condition notes, I don't have faith.

Deltics
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

This one: [www.45cat.com]

Nice link ... could have saved me some $$$! Are those actual rips from the vinyl, do you know?

Date: June 18, 2016 00:47

My bootleg cd (can't recall the name) that has those IBC demos sounds much better than the official cd I got with GRRR. It makes me wonder if they didn't have the master tapes so they ripped them from one of the widely circulated boots.

Date: June 18, 2016 00:52

shadooby
My bootleg cd (can't recall the name) that has those IBC demos sounds much better than the official cd I got with GRRR. It makes me wonder if they didn't have the master tapes so they ripped them from one of the widely circulated boots.

The Camden BBC tracks are not on the CD. We all have the bootlegs, but I want the officially released one as well.

Date: June 18, 2016 01:04

LeonidP
Hairball

GRRR Deluxe

The problem I've run into with Amazon, more than once ... sellers sometimes just lump their item with any one they find, and don't check that it's the exact same thing ... so I have a fear of buying what I think is shown in the picture/description, but then end up w/ another version. If they don't say specifically that it has the 7" om tej condition notes, I don't have faith.

That's your decision, but as I said I've never had a problem with importcd's.
They send you exactly what is listed on the main product page (GRRR Deluxe 5 cd bonus 7" vinyl, etc.).
They have a 5 star 98% positive rating based on 2,886,207 total ratings.

Date: June 18, 2016 01:08

LeonidP
shadooby

The Camden BBC tracks are not on the CD. We all have the bootlegs, but I want the officially released one as well.

Then get it!

Date: June 18, 2016 01:12

Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball

GRRR Deluxe

They send you exactly what is listed on the main product page (GRRR Deluxe 5 cd bonus 7" vinyl, etc.).

Understood, but because you didn't have a problem doesn't mean others haven't. I'm not saying they won't make good on returns if not legit, that's why many will have positive ratings.

Example I remember specifically, I bought the Dirty Strangers 'Deluxe' (with Keith & Ronnie) or whatever it was called, several years ago ... already had the vinyl and wanted the bonus tracks. It came with just the regular tracks. Seller apologized and said that is what he found when he listed it. Got my return- don't remember now if I got stuck paying shipping, probably did.

Date: June 18, 2016 01:14

shadooby
LeonidP
shadooby

Then get it!

On its way...

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: June 18, 2016 01:23

I bought the Super deluxe package when it was $40 or so last year.
It is a huge box: the book appears to be the catalogue from the NY MoMA exhibit that was going on for the 50th anniversary. It's certainly worth getting at the current price.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 18, 2016 02:01

GRRR deluxe is a must have release for every serious IORR'er. GRRR...!

Just as TOTALLY STRIPPED deluxe is.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 18, 2016 16:52

RipThisBone

I have no interest in GRRR to begin with. A complete waste of money. The dumbest cover in the history of hits compilations with the dumbest title and some bizarre choices for songs.

TOTALLY STRIPPED, on the other hand, even a general Stones fan would like that yet alone a serious one.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 18, 2016 17:01

I was kind of disappointed with GRRR when it first came out. I was hoping such a career-spanning retrospective would include more non-single deep cuts and so forth. I felt it didn't add much to 40 Licks. However, now that 40 Licks is out of print, GRRR is a pretty good collection of their greatest hits. I have the 2 CD package and I'm fine with it.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 18, 2016 17:07

It's bad enough I bought hits compilations with Rock And A Hard Place on them but I will not ever buy a hits compilation that has Streets Of Love on it.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 18, 2016 17:24

GasLightStreet
RipThisBone

I have no interest in GRRR to begin with. A complete waste of money. The dumbest cover in the history of hits compilations with the dumbest title and some bizarre choices for songs.

TOTALLY STRIPPED, on the other hand, even a general Stones fan would like that yet alone a serious one.

What??? They are the most obvious ones...

Date: June 18, 2016 18:29

LeonidP
Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball

GRRR Deluxe

Understood, but because you didn't have a problem doesn't mean others haven't. I'm not saying they won't make good on returns if not legit, that's why many will have positive ratings.

Example I remember specifically, I bought the Dirty Strangers 'Deluxe' (with Keith & Ronnie) or whatever it was called, several years ago ... already had the vinyl and wanted the bonus tracks. It came with just the regular tracks. Seller apologized and said that is what he found when he listed it. Got my return- don't remember now if I got stuck paying shipping, probably did.

Thats a bummer, and I understand there can be some problems with ordering from Amazon marketplace - although I've never had any.
With that said, I was specifically referring to importcd's, not Amazon in general. They take pride in their service (see ratings again),
and are not ones to send out items that aren't exactly as they are listed. You can take my word for it, or not.

Date: June 29, 2016 23:40

Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball

GRRR Deluxe

Thats a bummer, and I understand there can be some problems with ordering from Amazon marketplace - although I've never had any.
With that said, I was specifically referring to importcd's, not Amazon in general. They take pride in their service (see ratings again),
and are not ones to send out items that aren't exactly as they are listed. You can take my word for it, or not.

FYI, I tried to order a book on Amazon the other day, that is "supposed" to come with a CD. None of the comments say a CD is included, so to be safe, I contacted 3 different sellers and asked them specifically if it's included. Only 2 replied and both said they have no idea, that it gets shipped from elsewhere (and with no offer to check on it for me).

Not wanting to deal w/ returns if it wasn't included, I bought off ebay instead, where seller stated specifically the cd was included.

Date: June 29, 2016 23:41

Back to the topic, I got my Grrr! deluxe with 7"! It is now ripped and sounds grrreat!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home