Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: GRRR deluxe ... ??
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 30, 2016 01:36

Good for you, love mine too!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 30, 2016 01:49

Thanks for the heads up guys...think I'll mosey on over to Amazon tonight. smileys with beer

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 30, 2016 05:31

latebloomer
Thanks for the heads up guys...think I'll mosey on over to Amazon tonight. smileys with beer

I think i was able to do better at Deep Discount site, I'll try to find URL ... likely someone posted it earlier so you can probably find it in the thread somewhere.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 30, 2016 06:48

latebloomer

Looks like the link I previously posted for the $51.92 GRRR Deluxe via Importcd's/Amazon is no longer available - they must have been snapped up quick!
Lowest prices now listed have jumped back to over $100 and above from other sellers. Be patient though, the cheap deals reappear all the time. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-30 06:55 by Hairball.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: June 30, 2016 08:18

Recently bought the BBC sessions: [www.amazon.de]

There's no reason to have GRRR twice as long as this one's available for a reasonable price

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 30, 2016 22:42

Meise

There's no reason to have GRRR twice as long as this one's available for a reasonable price

Totally agree, it's what works for each person that's important. I already have bootlegs though, so it wasn't that I needed the songs (I didn't), I just wanted the officially released version.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 1, 2016 01:23

Meise

You bought them? eye popping smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 30, 2017 17:33

I have a question about the 3-Disc version. Did this come in 2 different sized boxes? I have seen one that appears to be about the size of a LP, which most of the Stones boxsets generally are, and then another version that is a tall and narrow version of this - about the same height as the first one I mention, but about 2/3 the width. Does anyone know??

I am very diligently trying to gather all that I missed over the past 4 years, and I'm almost there!!!

thanks!
VL13

Date: April 30, 2017 18:02

Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball
You can buy the entire 5cd GRRR Super Deluxe w/7" single on Amazon US (marketplace) for as low as $51.92 from importcd's + $3.99 shipping.
I buy things all the time from importcd's at huge discounts - they are reliable. Might only be available to if US customers?

GRRR Deluxe

The problem I've run into with Amazon, more than once ... sellers sometimes just lump their item with any one they find, and don't check that it's the exact same thing ... so I have a fear of buying what I think is shown in the picture/description, but then end up w/ another version. If they don't say specifically that it has the 7" om tej condition notes, I don't have faith.

That's your decision, but as I said I've never had a problem with importcd's.
They send you exactly what is listed on the main product page (GRRR Deluxe 5 cd bonus 7" vinyl, etc.).
They have a 5 star 98% positive rating based on 2,886,207 total ratings.

The only thing I don't like about ImportCds is their lack of free shipping. That can add up!!! sad smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 30, 2017 18:20

VoodooLounge13

I have a question about the 3-Disc version. Did this come in 2 different sized boxes?

GRRR!-Editions -- [en.Wikipedia.org] :

40-Track, 2-CD Jewelcase with 12-page Booklet

50-Track, 3-CD Digipak with 12-page Booklet

50-Track, 3-CD Box set with 36-page Hardcover-Book and 5 Postcards -- (approx. DVD-Box size)

50-Track, 5-12" Vinyl Box set

50-Track, 1-Blu-ray (Pure Audio)

50-Track, Digital Download (also in HiRes)

80-Track, 4-CD Box set with Bonus-CD, 7" Vinyl, 96-page Hardcover-Book, Poster and 5 Postcards -- [www.SuperDeluxeEdition.com] -- (Size: 452 x 387 x 67 mm)

See also: [www.Discogs.com] .

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-30 19:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 30, 2017 19:40

3CD Box set -- Japan UICY-91810/2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-30 19:45 by Irix.

Date: April 30, 2017 20:14

Yes, that's one version Irix. Then there is this one...

Grrr Large Box

So I guess I didn't realize there were 2 different versions of the 3-Disc option. UGH. God these guys milk us dry!

Date: April 30, 2017 20:59

VoodooLounge13
Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball
You can buy the entire 5cd GRRR Super Deluxe w/7" single on Amazon US (marketplace) for as low as $51.92 from importcd's + $3.99 shipping.
I buy things all the time from importcd's at huge discounts - they are reliable. Might only be available to if US customers?

GRRR Deluxe

The problem I've run into with Amazon, more than once ... sellers sometimes just lump their item with any one they find, and don't check that it's the exact same thing ... so I have a fear of buying what I think is shown in the picture/description, but then end up w/ another version. If they don't say specifically that it has the 7" om tej condition notes, I don't have faith.

They send you exactly what is listed on the main product page (GRRR Deluxe 5 cd bonus 7" vinyl, etc.).

The only thing I don't like about ImportCds is their lack of free shipping. That can add up!!! sad smiley

But the discounted prices are still usually cheaper than buying direct from Amazon itself ("Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"). I have Amazon Prime and get free two-three day shipping from them when ordering direct, but still I can sometimes get something cheaper in the marketplace even with the $3.99 shipping fee.

Most if not all of the marketplace listings have a standard $3.99 shipping in the continental US for music - even if the product is being imported from England. While ImportCD's is within the US (and $3.99 can add up I suppose), other listings like RAREWAVES-IMPORTS, Zoverstocks, and OxfordshireEngland are based in England and ship all the way to the US (California for me) also for only $3.99. For example, I can buy a cd for $2.99 and pay $3.99 shipping all the way from England, or I can pay $10.00 from Amazon w/free shipping. Obviously you want to choose the cheaper option, even though sometimes it takes weeks to arrive. I'm in no rush, and sometimes I'll receive something I completely forgot about ordering which is always a nice surprise!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 30, 2017 22:15

VoodooLounge13

Grrr Large Box

So I guess I didn't realize there were 2 different versions of the 3-Disc option. UGH. God these guys milk us dry!
I'd like to second Irix info. There was no 12" size 3CD deluxe in EU. Maybe this is US version or something.

Date: April 30, 2017 22:30

Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball

GRRR Deluxe

But the discounted prices are still usually cheaper than buying direct from Amazon itself ("Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"). I have Amazon Prime and get free two-three day shipping from them when ordering direct, but still I can sometimes get something cheaper in the marketplace even with the $3.99 shipping fee.

Most if not all of the marketplace listings have a standard $3.99 shipping in the continental US for music - even if the product is being imported from England. While ImportCD's is within the US (and $3.99 can add up I suppose), other listings like RAREWAVES-IMPORTS, Zoverstocks, and OxfordshireEngland are based in England and ship all the way to the US (California for me) also for only $3.99. For example, I can buy a cd for $2.99 and pay $3.99 shipping all the way from England, or I can pay $10.00 from Amazon w/free shipping. Obviously you want to choose the cheaper option, even though sometimes it takes weeks to arrive. I'm in no rush, and sometimes I'll receive something I completely forgot about ordering which is always a nice surprise!

You're absolutely right Hairball - I priced it out, and it is still a TON cheaper that way! Gonna order a bunch of my missing stuff thru there now. Wish I had ordered some of what I've bought thru there too. Oh well.

Date: April 30, 2017 22:31

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

Grrr Large Box

I'd like to second Irix info. There was no 12" size 3CD deluxe in EU. Maybe this is US version or something.

Well on the listing it says the mfr is UME Canada, so maybe this is what the Canadian version looks like? Where's SomeTorontoGirl when you need her?!?!?!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 30, 2017 22:45

VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

Grrr Large Box

Well on the listing it says the mfr is UME Canada, so maybe this is what the Canadian version looks like? Where's SomeTorontoGirl when you need her?!?!?!

I can't see UME Canada in the description in the link you provided.
Number of Discs: 3 Style: British Invasion
UPC: 602537109197
Artist: The Rolling Stones
Release Year: 2,012 Format: CD
Duration: Album or EP Release Date: 11/12/2012
Special Attributes: Compilation, Digipak, Import, Remastered

Digipak = ordinary 3CD edition

Date: May 1, 2017 05:49

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

Grrr Large Box

I can't see UME Canada in the description in the link you provided.
Number of Discs: 3 Style: British Invasion
UPC: 602537109197
Artist: The Rolling Stones
Release Year: 2,012 Format: CD
Duration: Album or EP Release Date: 11/12/2012
Special Attributes: Compilation, Digipak, Import, Remastered

Digipak = ordinary 3CD edition

Further down under the first listing of the songs:

Details
Playing Time: 187 min.
Distributor: Universal Music Canada
Recording Mode: Stereo
SPAR Code: n/

Date: May 1, 2017 06:58

I have purchased probably 100 things from IMPORTCD'S and never received a damage or incorrect item. they also sell on ebay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-01 08:15 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: May 1, 2017 07:47

VoodooLounge13
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball

GRRR Deluxe

You're absolutely right Hairball - I priced it out, and it is still a TON cheaper that way! Gonna order a bunch of my missing stuff thru there now. Wish I had ordered some of what I've bought thru there too. Oh well.

Not saying that is always the case, but alot of times it is - especially for items that are already on the market.
But for unreleased pre-orders, Amazon direct usually will have the lowest price (vs. Amazon marketplace), and they have a 'low price guarantee'.
Best to compare prices from various options and sites before clicking the 'purchase now' button!

Date: May 1, 2017 17:49

Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball

GRRR Deluxe

Not saying that is always the case, but alot of times it is - especially for items that are already on the market.
But for unreleased pre-orders, Amazon direct usually will have the lowest price (vs. Amazon marketplace), and they have a 'low price guarantee'.
Best to compare prices from various options and sites before clicking the 'purchase now' button!

Believe it or not, I do usually price several places. Just hadn't been utilizing them as much as I should have!!!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 1, 2017 20:36

Does anybody have the memorabilia/RS archive photos from the superdeluxebook available in a digital format? Would be neat to see smiling smiley

Date: May 1, 2017 22:20

RobberBride
Does anybody have the memorabilia/RS archive photos from the superdeluxebook available in a digital format? Would be neat to see smiling smiley

Check yer inbox! winking smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 1, 2017 22:38

Slightly off topic: I'll confirm what Hairball & keefriffhard4life are saying about the IMPORTCD seller on Amazon. I've probably purchased more discs between them and Zoverstocks than I have from Amazon. If there was ever a problem (maybe once or twice in all the years I've shopped from them) they had it rectified fast enough that it left my head spinning. They both live up-to and well past their 98% customer rating in my book.

I think it was importcd who once sent the wrong disc (in the right case) and in the conversation (text) to get it rectified, they refunded my purchase (on the wrong one), confirmed that they had the correct disc in stock AND THEY HAD PULLED IT AND SET IT ASIDE FOR ME if I'd like to reorder. When I asked about sending the incorrect disc back to them, they said not to worry about it and just asked that I donate it either to a library or Goodwill shop.

I'll buy from them until they both go out of business!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 1, 2017 23:11

mr_dja
Slightly off topic: I'll confirm what Hairball & keefriffhard4life are saying about the IMPORTCD seller on Amazon. I've probably purchased more discs between them and Zoverstocks than I have from Amazon. If there was ever a problem (maybe once or twice in all the years I've shopped from them) they had it rectified fast enough that it left my head spinning. They both live up-to and well past their 98% customer rating in my book.

I think it was importcd who once sent the wrong disc (in the right case) and in the conversation (text) to get it rectified, they refunded my purchase (on the wrong one), confirmed that they had the correct disc in stock AND THEY HAD PULLED IT AND SET IT ASIDE FOR ME if I'd like to reorder. When I asked about sending the incorrect disc back to them, they said not to worry about it and just asked that I donate it either to a library or Goodwill shop.

I'll buy from them until they both go out of business!

Peace,
Mr DJA

great story. i've never even had anything show up damaged/wrong/etc

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 1, 2017 23:16

Deltics
RobberBride

Thank you, Sir!!!

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 2, 2017 01:35

Make sure you have room for the thing - it's an annoying size boxed set.

Date: May 2, 2017 03:32

Oh I will make room! Can't be much worse than all the other ones!!!! The super deluxes with the LPs take up a fair amount of space too!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 2, 2017 15:26

Deltics
RobberBride

It would be great to see as well, if you don't mind. smiling smiley

Date: May 2, 2017 15:45

Cristiano Radtke
Deltics
RobberBride

It would be great to see as well, if you don't mind. smiling smiley

winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home