Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Hanoi Rocks
Date: January 17, 2005 16:36

This is obviously a band you either love or hate. Still, I'm going to the concert in Oslo Jan. 25. Has anyone seen their show lately? I got some promising Hanoi-boots last week.

BTW, Michael Monroe and Andy McCoy are great stones-fans. They're also doing JJF on one of the boots I've got.

Re: OT: Hanoi Rocks
Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: January 17, 2005 18:09

Well, I think Andy McCoy's highlight of his career was Mick Jagger introducing Ronnie Wood as "England's answer to AndyMcCoy" during the Helsinki stadium show (was it 95 or 98 I can't recall)

Anyway, Andy McCoy is quite big celebrite in Finland; he had his own real tv show (with his wife Angela) a'la Osbournes, etc. He surely is a Keith Richards cloon number one of the world. You see, some critics in Finland said that the Depp character in Pirates of Caribean resembled Andy McCoy.. he is funny guy, and a decent guitarist, although he is really a parody of rock star and that sort of life style, and most people take him as joke (well, sort of Ronnie Wood, Jagger was right..) And there is not definetely any lack of ego as far mr. McCoy is concerned!

I saw Hanoi Rocks once last year, and they rocked quite hard, and what is more important, looked very fine. Total nostalgy trip to early 80's, although McCoy and Monroe were the only members left of that group. I think if you like them then, you will like them now. For years "The Glimmer Twins" Monroe and McCoy were saying that they would never reunite this legendary group, mostly because of their "Charlie Watts" was dead (thanks to that car accident, caused by Mötley Crue singer) . But the boys ran out of money, I guess..

Anyway, HR was the first Finnish group to make some international impact. Hats off!

- Doxa

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 18, 2005 21:18

I love Hanoi Rocks and I think Twelve Shots ON The Rocks is hands down one of the best straight up Rock N Roll discs of this century. I am also quite depressed because I had 2 tickets for the show at the Key Club in Hollywood which was cancelled due to Andy McCoy's visa problems. I had 2 tickets for that - and I can hardly ever be bothered to buy even one in advance for just about anything.

Date: January 26, 2005 12:39

I went to see them yesterday, and I gotta say that this is one of the best concerts I've ever seen!

Great guitars - superb band - full of energy!

Catch them in your city...

DP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-26 12:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: January 26, 2005 13:07

Hanoi Rocks are making headlines in Finnish tabloids today: Norwegian customs had found a little amount of cannabis from their bus. "DOPE SCANDAL!" screams the headlines..

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-26 13:08 by Rorty.

Date: January 26, 2005 14:00

They said it numerous times from the stage. McCoy was constantly asking for hashish from the audience (and he got what he wanted)...

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: January 26, 2005 20:04

It was at the -98 show Mick introduced Ron as Andy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home