Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger/Wood ?
Posted by: roby ()
Date: January 17, 2005 15:50

Sometimes, I wonder what a Stone can think about another member of the band ...

So, In your opinion, what Jag' think about Ronnie, as a musician ?

If Ronnie wasn't a friend of Keith, you think he would be still a Stone in 2005 ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-17 15:50 by roby.

Re: Jagger/Wood ?
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 17, 2005 16:03

Wasn't it Jaggers idea to replace Taylor with Wood?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-17 16:19 by BowieStone.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 17, 2005 16:03

i believe he thinks like anyone in a family..i think he likes ronnie and enjoys him but i know he hopes ronnie gets himself together with his drinking problem as well as knocks off his smoking.. as a musician ron is well liked .. just look at how busy he has been helping others as well as all his solo albums. plus all the stones songs he helped write over the years...

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: January 17, 2005 16:45

Good point Hot Stuff. But why isn't he involved in the new album. Every report i hear about the new writing and recording are only about Mick, Keith and Charlie.

Roby, don't you think Ronnie and are friends?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 17, 2005 16:57

Since the Undercover sessions in 1982, Ronnie (and Bill) has arrived after the others.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: January 17, 2005 17:45

Yes, watched a documentary on Voodoo lounge yesterday. Keith stated that he did 6 weeks of preparations with just Mick & Charlie, before going to Ireland where the others joined in for the actual recording.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 18, 2005 20:40

This marginalization is imo unfortunate - I mean when Jagger was out making a 90 minute video (the immortal "Running Out Of Luck") based on She's the Boss, RW/KR were tight again - Marianne (?) once said something about the power in the band rests where KR throws his allegience (speaking at that time about Brian/MJ/KR) - when p'o'd at M, Brian & K would be friends. Too bad, it can't help the individual (BJ, MT, RW, BW) feel especially empowered or motivated to be creative after a few years...Thank god Bill stuck it out 31 years, & I only hope a sober (fingers crossed) RW might gain some of at least Mick's respect back - Keith no doubt feels estranged from an ex-junky pardner getting clean...

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: January 18, 2005 23:09

I've never heard Mick say a bad word about Woody (publicly) and I think he truly loves the man. He was the vital catalyst in getting Ron into rehab. Remember how much he contributed to Ron's 1st solo album well before he even joined the Stones.
Not to say that he and Keith haven't come close to kicking him out esp. circa '82 when he wouldn't leave the crack pipe alone.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 19, 2005 20:54

Ronnie = Great guy, slightly above average musician

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: January 20, 2005 00:04

I am sure that Mick appreciated the new life Ronnie added when he worked on Some Girls and filling in, being on tour at that time. Ronnie defiantly contributed to the comeback popularity of the band so to speak. At that time Ronnie was at the top of his form or had not completely fallen due to excess. Having said that, I think that Mick gets pissed when Ronnie cannot contribute. True, he does try to encourage Mr.Wood at times to get it together but the bottom line is what ever the project is at the time. Mick is always about the show must go on. That's the reason he didn't want to tour for Dirty Work...too many wasted members. So does Mick like Ronnie? Of course he does...but Ron better not call in sick when the Stones are working.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: January 20, 2005 00:38

Nicely said Bassalemam.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2005 07:52

Mick has stuck beside many wasted people over the years, John Phillips, Keith & Ronnie just to name three.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: January 21, 2005 23:38

Yes, he has, include Bobby Keys to your list Rockman...

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 24, 2005 00:38

ronnie will not be replaced for any lp or tour, if thats what you guys were wondering. period.

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home