Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Black Keys
Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:30

I really enjoyed their performance. For more than a few seconds I could have sworn it was the old Butterfield Blues Band when Blumfield and Bishop would tangle. Heavy mid sixties vibe.....great

Re: Black Keys
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:33

Great group.

I love their music, plus the album they did with Dr John this year.

Early stuff on fatpossum is a two man EOMS.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:46

I loved them last night, they brought a great energy and sound to it the song.

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:50

....thats Bloomfield ...sorry

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:54

Good band indeed. Listen to Lonely Boy.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:01

They certainly were pointless with the Stones. The drummer added nothing and Ronnie did all the heavy lifting. The Black Keys just werent' there.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:14

I agree 24, they added nothing, as far as I was concerned. Their part did not make me want to run out and get their cds...bland! Blah!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 17, 2012 03:16

I think the opposite, I think they added a sound that you normally don't hear by the Stones......

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:16

Black Keys should have stayed home and the Stones should have played one of their own songs.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:30

The Black Keys are one of my favorites and I really enjoyed their guest spot but James Carney was a bit redundant when it looked like Charlie was really leading. The guitar parts were really tight and pushed the song along but aside from that Dan Auerbach's input was much greater than his partner's.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:35

The Black Keys are a fantastic "newer" blues rock group with a lot of soul. They were good, but Dan's guitar was way too low in the mix. Actually, the biggest grip with the entire show was the idiot doing the mixing. The guitars from everyone weaved in and out of the mix. There were times they sounded stunning, other times they were buried too deep. Dan's got a great voice as well, and Mick, again, drove the song. And yes, Ronnie's nice succinct hooks were money shots.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:58

I prefer their earlier stuff to El Camino, but they're good.
Although I agree they didn't add much. I don't know why they needed their own drummer playing with Charlie.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:59

TooTough

I love that song.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 16:20

the black keys are great, regardless the performance with the stones.
i saw them in torino 2 weeks ago and the were very very good.
not possible to judge them after who do you love only..
especially for Patrik, he didn't come out

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: December 17, 2012 16:31

whitem8
The Black Keys are a fantastic "newer" blues rock group with a lot of soul. They were good, but Dan's guitar was way too low in the mix. Actually, the biggest grip with the entire show was the idiot doing the mixing. The guitars from everyone weaved in and out of the mix. There were times they sounded stunning, other times they were buried too deep. Dan's got a great voice as well, and Mick, again, drove the song. And yes, Ronnie's nice succinct hooks were money shots.

The Black Keys are one of my favourite bands but yes, Dan's guitar was mixed way to low and their spot came nowhere close to Going Down with John Mayer & Gary Clarke Jr.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 07:53

The Black Key's are no great new blues band, period! Listen to the old masters such as Elmore or Jimmy Reed and that's about all you need to know about real blues.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 15:06

@rob51, then by your logic why should anyone listen to The Rolling Stones? Why not go to the source. It is about taking a genre and putting a new and interesting twist into it and show our passion for it. The Black Keys are a fantastic rock/blues hybrid that consistently extol their passion for good music. You may not like them, and that is a whole different argument than saying they should be discounted because they are not Elmore James or Jimmy Reed.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 15:17

no, not pure blues, but clearly same bloodlines

great songs & guitar tone
and they swing

great band

here's a very good example
give it a listen

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 22, 2012 16:27

...can't get enough of the Black Keys...On Brothers, the last 3 songs are as great as any 3 on any record in a very very long timme.

"Unknown Brother"
"Never Gonna Give You Up" (Kenneth Gamble, Leon Huff, and Jerry Butler)
"These Days"

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 22, 2012 16:37

TooTough

Best single of 2012. Yes, I know another group also released a great song but I thought this was the best.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 22, 2012 17:13

I saw The Black Keys a few weeks ago. They were in my opinion not so special, but I liked very much their support act: The Maccabees.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 17:19

Mick said earlier this year he's been listening a lot to the Black Keys, and I think he had them in his head when he wrote and recorded DOOM AND GLOOM (and I love DOOM AND GLOOM). Just the sound of the guitar solo is similar to that in LONELY BOY, among other things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-22 17:20 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: December 22, 2012 17:51

rob51
The Black Key's are no great new blues band, period! Listen to the old masters such as Elmore or Jimmy Reed and that's about all you need to know about real blues.

WOW! Like WOW!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 24, 2012 02:12

The Black Keys are good but they were not a good guest on the PPV.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 24, 2012 02:32

Little black submarine from the Black Keys, also in El Camino.
Great, great album.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 24, 2012 02:32

Love the Black Keys, and I thought they did a great job on the PPV.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 24, 2012 02:41

I am certainly happy to see an act like the Black Keys come up. I like them better than most pop crap pretty faces of the month set to a drum track that are floodong the horizon. I like a couple of their songs, but I have not seen them live, yet.... I think their talents were kind of wasted in the PPV..... but good for Mick giving them some spotlight.

I really like this one, if the start doesnt grab you, skip to 2:11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-24 02:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 14, 2013 09:21

Just a random thought, their arrangement of "Who Do You Love" was similar to "That's All Right, Mama" by Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders.
I like it, anyway.smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 14, 2013 09:58

Don't judge TBK by their last two albums, go back to Rubber Factory and Thickfreakness. (And The Big Come Up.) I'm getting the impression that folks have the wrong idea about what this band's all about.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 14, 2013 17:03

....if ONLY Dan Auerbach would produce the next Stones record.....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home