Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What song did u miss, from those, have been rehearsed in Paris & NY ?
Posted by: salar ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:15

To me it was THSMLI, which they seem to rehearse quite often in Paris and I was looking forward hearing it...even BV said that it would sound great when playd.

By the way...what ist this secret, if they rehearse several songs almost regularly but we never get them performed live....since we can follow the rehearsal sessions day by day and song by song there have been many songs, I was sure we would get it on stage ....but never happen.
Is this a kind of musican thing ?
I mean as a non musican I always thought, you practise those songs very often which you will play finally...But with the Stones it doesnt work like this...they do have there own philosophie between rehearsal songs and puting them on the setlist finally...as I was hoping for "slave" during licks ( remember the FF-dvd snips of slave?) and for "Ventilator Blues" during BB tour.
Don`t get me wrong....this is not about set list moaning...just was so pleased getting A&A finally...it s more about " How do the Rolling Stones find their way from rehearsal to the setlist ?"....how is the process ? I know, it`s a CL/MJ thing....as I have read before, Chuck L. really IS the musical direktor of the Stones and although i do have ambivalent feelings for him, I am sure that HE is the one who convinces Jagger to play more risky, cause less known or seldom playd songs...so finaly he is the one spycing the set list a bit
Salar

Re: What song did u miss, from those, have been rehearsed in Paris & NY ?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:20

Worried About You but it would have flopped at these "big" shows.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:57

Route 66

Little Red Rooster

THSMLI

and I wish they had kept Around and Around in last night !

sc uk

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:59

salar
To me it was THSMLI

I can't even pronounce that

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:03

Rolling Hansie
salar
To me it was THSMLI

I think you are getting cussed at... in secret code.

winking smiley

Hanging IORR over the years I realize I am not good at the acronym game,

akbar wants dinner? no, thats not it.
OH!! its Anybody seen my... no thats not it either.. damn it!@

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 17, 2012 07:28

Max'sKansasCity
Rolling Hansie
salar
To me it was THSMLI

winking smiley

Nor me, Max. Don't use them much except for YCAGWYW which I can never be botherd to type out in full. Anyway, on Page 2 of the Tracking Cookie schillid posted a useful index to the alphabet-soup (scroll down a bit and you'll find it):

[www.iorr.org]

So I can now reveal that it's That's How Strong My Love Is....

Coming back to the original question: I'd have loved to hear them try Moonlight Mile, but YCAGWYW.

Date: December 17, 2012 08:57

I was thrilled that they played Out Of Control in London if only once. It proves that they listen in here. Many of us lobbied for it and got our wish.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 17, 2012 14:14

Green Lady
Max'sKansasCity
Rolling Hansie
salar
To me it was THSMLI

winking smiley

Nor me, Max. Don't use them much except for YCAGWYW which I can never be botherd to type out in full. Anyway, on Page 2 of the Tracking Cookie schillid posted a useful index to the alphabet-soup (scroll down a bit and you'll find it):

[www.iorr.org]

So I can now reveal that it's That's How Strong My Love Is....

Coming back to the original question: I'd have loved to hear them try Moonlight Mile, but YCAGWYW.

Great to know of that alphabet keythumbs up

Thank you, again, for the work you do with that tracking thread, YOU ROCK!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 17, 2012 17:04

CYHMK, was really hoping for that one.

Date: December 17, 2012 17:19

Moonlight Mile
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
That's How Strong My Love Is

these come to mind. Route 66 was the opener at the Trabendo-show.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:39

That's How Strong would certainly have worked and they really worked hard on the end at the rehearsal so they definitely considered it an option. Worried About You with a demented Mick in the second part could have worked too...I guess they practice songs they like for weeks on end to stay interested and get a feel for each other's playing again as opposed to picking 25 songs and rehearsing them to death for 2 weeks.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:24

Really wanted CYHMK with MT

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:58

Is there a thread with the rehearsal list? How did you guys get it in the first place? Thanks everyone for the info, I may not be an expert but I listen to the boys almost daily on some format especially my prized CD of Exile mastered by Greg Calbi in the 80's which I'm certain some of you know is a perfect masterpiece. I also worked with the boys on "Dirty Work" when I was a kid. Most seem to be here for the right reasons as we realize the last few weeks were unbelievable. Seeing them play so great indoors in an arena, just a great gift to us fans. I don't know if they rehearsed "Rock's Off" and I guess they'll never play "Torn & Frayed" but those would be my choices... THANK BV... Thanks BV... THANKS BV !!!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:04

gotdablouse
That's How Strong would certainly have worked and they really worked hard on the end at the rehearsal so they definitely considered it an option. Worried About You with a demented Mick in the second part could have worked too...I guess they practice songs they like for weeks on end to stay interested and get a feel for each other's playing again as opposed to picking 25 songs and rehearsing them to death for 2 weeks.

I'm sure the process allows certain songs to 'rise to the occasion', maybe because the play them differently or whatever. Must be a nice position for them to be in, to have so much choice.

On the other hand, a lousy position to be in, insofar they feel the need to keep a good portion of the show unchanging with the tried and true cuts.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:52

THSMLI

Which song is that?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 20, 2012 07:19

DoomandGloom
Is there a thread with the rehearsal list? How did you guys get it in the first place? Thanks everyone for the info, I may not be an expert but I listen to the boys almost daily on some format especially my prized CD of Exile mastered by Greg Calbi in the 80's which I'm certain some of you know is a perfect masterpiece. I also worked with the boys on "Dirty Work" when I was a kid. Most seem to be here for the right reasons as we realize the last few weeks were unbelievable. Seeing them play so great indoors in an arena, just a great gift to us fans. I don't know if they rehearsed "Rock's Off" and I guess they'll never play "Torn & Frayed" but those would be my choices... THANK BV... Thanks BV... THANKS BV !!!!!

You'll find the rehearsal list here, compiled from daily reports by the faithful band who lurked and listened outside the Paris rehearsal studio, and were rewarded by hearing both new songs played before anyone else did, and eventually by being allowed inside to watch.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:48

wow... in Paris... so romantic... the greatest band is also the most down to earth.. much the ame as i experienced knowing them a little decades ago thank you Green Lady

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:51

Well Bondy isn't a very romantic setting, check my pics in the "mini-Trabendo" review ;-)

deadegad
THSMLI

Which song is that?

This one :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-20 10:52 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 20, 2012 12:43

Beast of Burden

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home