Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The new Album.....
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 15, 2005 18:52

I hope the boys bring us a new Cd-set with 30 tracks. One cd---just RhyThm and blues---like the earlier years. I still like for example "Emty heart!" 2010 Michigan --so--The pre-- Aftermath-time.
The second Cd , i hope,are ROCKERS----like Rocks off---Rip this joint.
Come on, this is the last chance---Mick and keith---all Stones fans are hungry of new songs----from the greatest Rockn roll Band ever

Re: The new Album.....
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 15, 2005 18:57

Who told you it was the last chance??? It's not you know.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 15, 2005 19:14

i, know, Jumpin kent flash.The Stones are all over 60. i dont want, that they try to do "new things". I met Mick in "64--.I just like their Rhythm and blues-feeling. --Just--the Rolling stones.All of them need no more money---so, what i wanna say----a new excellent album---or nothing.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 15, 2005 22:52

30 songs? Hell no. I hope they can come up with a decent, 10-song set around 40 minutes. No more, no less.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 16, 2005 00:34

Won't it be like: They release an album of, I think, 12 songs or something and then we can expect a few singles with some unreleased tracks. Isn't that the way it goes in these years?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 16, 2005 21:46

10 songs-40 minutes--what??? how about 85 songs and 512 minutes?? after all it has been, oh, what, about EIGHT YEARS!!!! lets hope for as much quality music as we can get!!!

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 17, 2005 14:45

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Won't it be like: They release an album of, I
> think, 12 songs or something and then we can
> expect a few singles with some unreleased tracks.
> Isn't that the way it goes in these years?
>
>
> JUMPINGKENTFLASH IT'S A GAS, GAS, GAS!!!!

I wouldnt expect too many singles (if any). That market is dead, esepcially for acts of the age the Stones are. I think if anything they're more likely to pad the album out with filler than release a slew of bonus tracks on singles.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: January 17, 2005 14:54

what about this retake of Chuck Berry : Sweet Little Sixty ?
all the girls I wanna dance with, sweet little sixty !
I really can't imagine Mick with a 60 year old woman ! he's too macho !!

Posted by: Shardana ()
Date: January 17, 2005 15:40

I agree with StonesTod....
10 songs, 40 minutes: it's the best shape for a real good album!
I would prefer only one song from keef, and some aocustic stuff on...

Bye

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: January 17, 2005 17:43

Personally I'm not looking for anything earth shattering from them. Let's be realistic, their songs (the newer material) rarely gets any airplay. When is the last time you heard Love is Strong on the radio?

Sure they will make a video or two and it will be on VH1 but then again for how long, 15 days to hype the new CD?

They have plenty of cash and are well past their prime. These days their cash cow is from the back catalog. They are like the Grateful Dead in a sense because they have always been a touring band with a loyal following.

In 2005, look for the Rolling Stones Corpoation to come out with the usual hype. I expect they will do shows only in the Major Markets(NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, New Orleans, Miami, Tampa, Charlotte, Phoenix) and then it will be off to Mexico, South America, Asia, Europe, and the Far East.

I'd expect more arena shows and a fewer Stadium shows. Be prepared to shell out big bucks for tickets too. The prices won't be going down(gasoline is up and the price will be passed on to the fans).

In 1975, I paid $17.50 for the June 25th show at MSG, in 2002 the price was $150.00, in 2005 my guess is $175-195.00. It's the cost of doing business.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 17, 2005 18:19

that's right - 10 songs, 40 minutes. A tried and true formula up until the unfortunate advent of the CD. Soon thereafter, artists struggled to satisfy the demands of 70-minute discs and we've had nary a classic since. Good things come in small packages. if the stones can pull off another classic (doubtful at best), it could only be within the parameters of 10 songs, 40-minutes.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 17, 2005 18:21

about the ticket prices: In my opinion it's a real shame that they charge so much!
I can perfectly understand it, obviously they still sell out stadiums even with these high ticket prices.
But if they would lower the prices, or lets say introduce a reduction for students, they would have a better, younger, more enthusiastic crowd!
Now you have lots of middle-aged, boring business men and women that tell you to shut up or sit down. The Stones would certainly enjoy playing a younger crowd!!
And it's probably really the last time and I want to see some concerts not only one, so I'm begging you guys, please, please lower the prices!

Anyone knows Michael Cohl's email address? I'm going to prepare a little essay for him to convince him about that!

(when I say boring middle-aged business men and women, I'm of course not talking about any guys on IORR)

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 17, 2005 18:23

i am really looking forward to the new album... i liked the new stuff on licks cd and i even like the new songs from jagger alfie.. but i think keef will give it a harder edge! plus the good part is that keith hasn't written anything new in a long time so with jagger on fire and if he can get keith off his ass and excited we should have a great album!
but then again i have liked all the stones albums...ha

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 18, 2005 12:59

KeithRichards Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> about the ticket prices: In my opinion it's a real
> shame that they charge so much!
> I can perfectly understand it, obviously they
> still sell out stadiums even with these high
> ticket prices.
> But if they would lower the prices, or lets say
> introduce a reduction for students, they would
> have a better, younger, more enthusiastic crowd!
> Now you have lots of middle-aged, boring business
> men and women that tell you to shut up or sit
> down. The Stones would certainly enjoy playing a
> younger crowd!!
> And it's probably really the last time and I want
> to see some concerts not only one, so I'm begging
> you guys, please, please lower the prices!
>
> Anyone knows Michael Cohl's email address? I'm
> going to prepare a little essay for him to
> convince him about that!
>
> (when I say boring middle-aged business men and
> women, I'm of course not talking about any guys on
> IORR)
>
>
>
>

its got pretty much @#$%& all to do with Cohl,as the stones set the prices. E-mail Mick instead.

Wouldnt expect the prices to go down, anyway. As the Stones are being paid in sterling (I would imagine) and with the dollar being so much weaker than it was last time around, they'll probably be looking to charge more $US per ticket than before, even aside from inflation.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 18, 2005 15:34

Chuck wrote me that Cohl sets the prices..."That all
really comes from Michael Cohl"

But it doesn't really matter, as you said, they are most likely not going to lower them. Why should they, they make more money with the high prices. But my point is that the audience would be better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-18 15:34 by KeithRichards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1396
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home