Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Artist relativs
Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: January 15, 2005 16:02

Do you have any in your family, famous etc. Not like the Stones, you know nobody can match them but...

I have my uncle, Lasse Lönndahl, famous Swedish Singer

Do you have anyone in the business?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-15 16:06 by sir_carlos.

Re: Artist relativs
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 15, 2005 19:35

My cousin's husband is Stefano Battaglia, accomplished italian jazz pianist; I haven't met him so far, anyway...

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Date: January 16, 2005 11:32

Where do you live?? In which country is he famous?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2005 13:23

Hi Sir, that's interesting! But your uncle is NOT this "Swedish Bruce Springsteen" you told me about ????

Date: January 16, 2005 14:00

I would name Ulf Lundell as the Swedish Bruce Springsteen, and when did I tell you about himtongue sticking out smiley

regards, the dear Sir.

Posted by: G.Lespaul ()
Date: January 16, 2005 14:25

My uncle was married to Elvis Costellos cousin. They broke up after a friend of mine f-cked her on the sofa at my apartment..

Date: January 16, 2005 18:05

LOL, but still cool!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 16, 2005 19:43

sir_carlos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where do you live?? In which country is he famous?

I live in Italy; he's quite famous among jazz lovers and musicians in Italy and also somewhere else in Europe, as far as I know...

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Date: January 16, 2005 19:50

ahagrinning smiley

nice man!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2005 20:56

To Sir: you ask me WHEN you told me about Ulf Lundell ????? Don't you remember you ran off the ferry from Helsinki to see his show in Stockholm ?? That was the night I had this long talk with Bernard Fowler outside the hotel. Do you remember now????

Date: January 16, 2005 21:01

aha ok, that explains it thengrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: charlystone ()
Date: January 17, 2005 05:19

Im Tony Bennett, and my song is danny bennett.

Posted by: charlystone ()
Date: January 17, 2005 05:20

Im Tony Bennett,

Posted by: mark ()
Date: January 17, 2005 06:13

My grandfather's uncle was a guy named Frank Desprez. You can google him and his work. He wrote short operetta's to be performed before Gilbert and Sullivan musicals. He was British and I understand his work is still performed regularly there. He also wrote Lascara, the state poem of Texas.

Funny side story...sorry Texans. Seems some Texas university prof as trying to undersatand why a Brit wrote what they thought was the diffinitive cowboy poem and why is strangly started with one line....was there more to the poem than Texan's knew? Yes, he and my grandfather had spent time in Texas as cowboys but hated it. The first few lines of the original poem started out something like...as I take off my goloshes and mac I think back to my time of being a cowboy with distain. Seems the rest was not what he liked about being a cowboy it was what he hated.

My grandfather's musical career on the other hand was cut off when he joined the Grenedere Guard marching band by going a-wall from the regular British army and spent two years hard labour for his efforts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home