Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: thabo ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:49

ROPENI
whats up with Mick motioning to the audience to clap all the time??.

It's very simple, as long as people clap they can't film the concert with their mobiles, it is indeed very annoying these people holding those mobiles in the air....

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:54

thabo
ROPENI
whats up with Mick motioning to the audience to clap all the time??.

It's very simple, as long as people clap they can't film the concert with their mobiles, it is indeed very annoying these people holding those mobiles in the air....
winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 17, 2012 03:10

mickschix
Thanks for posting those great photos, especially the one of Mick Taylor in the air, mid stride...and the final bow with MT and old band mates. NICE! And cut out the negative crap!! Jagger did not diss MT. It was a superb performance. My only down spot was the Black Keyes. The rest was top shelf.

lol...I'm guessing top shelf has a different meaning in England.............

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 17, 2012 03:17

Uploaded videos from this gig have been taken down. sad smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 17, 2012 03:29

Then I was lucky ....just downloaded the whole thing

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 17, 2012 03:31

His Majesty

Sure theyhave- greedy bastards have once again cheaated diehard fans. However friend has it recorded. Only ADTV vs. HDTV What a fricking scam. @#$%& the greedy promoters

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: December 17, 2012 03:42

Great concert! Respectable the best song from BOTH shows. WHAT IS WITH THIS MICK TAYLOR CRAZY??? He quit the Stones..KEITH is the best, RONNIE ROCKS... who cares about Mick Taylor...he QUIT the STONES, eh? Get on with life... ROCK ON....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 17, 2012 03:47

angee
Also, so nice meeting a few of you at the shows!
I preferred the 13th, fewer distractions from guests, and then too,
I was in the pit. Apparently I made the screen a few times, ha.

"Going Down" was good on the 15th, and "Rambler", again terrific,
maybe even better. Seated on the side near L'Wren, I saw
Mick sing directly to her more than once, such as in "You make
a grown man cry". Ah, love.

Angee, good for you, I will look for you on the ppv when I get home and can take a look at it. It was nice for me to meet some other fans too, the Marriott seemed to be Stones Central.
I was sitting in section 22, row 14. Good sight line, but further back on the lower level. The crowd that surrounded me were mostly in their 20's, but very enthusiastic and it was cool for me to see that they seemed to know all the songs, not just the well known numbers - not that they played that many that weren't well known. I can't remember the last time I've been to a concert with that kind of energy level, not just on the stage,but in the audience as well. I didn't see anyone sitting down for the whole concert. My only complaint is that the crowd often sung along so loudly that it was hard to hear Mick's vocals at times. It's also been a while since I smelled that much pot at a concert, the kids were really having a good time in my section. winking smiley

Posted by: justamomentita ()
Date: December 17, 2012 04:39

John&Trish
Great concert! Respectable the best song from BOTH shows. WHAT IS WITH THIS MICK TAYLOR CRAZY??? He quit the Stones..KEITH is the best, RONNIE ROCKS... who cares about Mick Taylor...he QUIT the STONES, eh? Get on with life... ROCK ON....

Glad you liked the concert. Mick Taylor is a Rolling Stone. Yes, he did quit, but
he had problems. He also contributed greatly to much their greatest recordings and
performances. The Stones would say that themselves, and this is why he is playing with them for these shows....he belongs.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 04:40

OpenGspot
Wish I had the shot of Bruce giving Keith a kiss on the cheek - this is the closest I had, just missed it.

This is a terrific shot even if you missed the kiss.

Here's one I took from sec 114, not sure if this is the kiss or he's just talking in his ear.
I'm sure someone has a better one somewhere.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:09

Chris Fountain
His Majesty

Sure theyhave- greedy bastards have once again cheaated diehard fans. However friend has it recorded. Only ADTV vs. HDTV What a fricking scam. @#$%& the greedy promoters

They must be planning an official DVD release.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:13

Just drove back from the show. One Of the best! Oh yeah lady gaga is a joke. That's one nasty looking women. Talk about Ugly.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:24

More Hot Rocks
Just drove back from the show. One Of the best! Oh yeah lady gaga is a joke. That's one nasty looking women. Talk about Ugly.

Can we see if you are ugly or not? smoking smiley

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:52

More Hot Rocks

And she has boat of of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:03

tommyquinn
That blond woman was Angee, she was right next to the tongue with her IORR shirt....I was a few rows behind with my home-made Stones Long-Sleeve Shirt, hope I was on TV....Great show, great night.

Oh funny! Angee - I saw you! Looked like you were having a ball!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:23

angee

What side and section were you and L'Wren last night?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:24

latebloomer, yes, nice crew at the marriott, including you, of course!
i didn't think i made the ppv, hmmm, only up there on the 13th.

egads, i wasn't paying attention filming on the 15th, were you up
there tommyq?

CindyC, wish we could have met!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-17 06:45 by angee.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:25

NoCode0680
vodolngr
hbwriter
is brian ever shown on those screens?
Yeah, I saw him on the screen tonight, don't remember which song, but they had photos of the band from the 60s.

I didn't pay that much attention to the screens when I first watched it, but I'm re-watching it, and while I'm still not paying all that much attention, I did notice that during "The Last Time" there is a large group picture and Brian is in it.

Here's one from the Thursday show.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:27

sarahunwin
angee

What side and section were you and L'Wren last night?

Hi, is that sarah u or sara h?
L'Wren was in Section 10, me in the cheaper seats nearby.
How about yourself?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 17, 2012 06:32

Hey Cindy

It was great to meet you last night and I'm sure you had as much fun as I did!!

I ordered the Pay per View tonight (it's on demand from Comcast - damn, it should be free for ticket holders!) so will be able to watch it tomorrow and will look out for angee!

Rock on and hope to see you on the West Coast in 2013!

Date: December 17, 2012 06:43

sarahunwin
Hey Cindy

It was great to meet you last night and I'm sure you had as much fun as I did!!

I ordered the Pay per View tonight (it's on demand from Comcast - damn, it should be free for ticket holders!) so will be able to watch it tomorrow and will look out for angee!

Rock on and hope to see you on the West Coast in 2013!

Hi Sarah,

It was great to meet you as well! Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye, I walked around the bar for a few minutes to find Virgil and when I came back you guys had already left.

It was a great show though. I was super impressed with their effort. You are right, the PPV should be free for ticketholders!!

Best wishes!
Cindy

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:55

His Majesty
More Hot Rocks

Can we see if you are ugly or not? smoking smiley

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: December 17, 2012 07:11

Sorry if this has already been brought up, I must have missed it.

Did anyone else noticed that when Keith got up to the mic to do his set, he kept looking at his hands, as though he had stuff written on them that he wanted to remember to say? I was thinking he was going to say something about the shootings.

He got such a huge response though, bigger than normal it seemed to me, that it seemed he changed his mind, like he didn't want to lose the buzz, bring down the crowd.

Perhaps it was my imagination, but it seemed he looked at them a few times.

Date: December 17, 2012 07:56

Section 11 and 10 1st night. Section 16 and aisle with sec 17 sat. The ushers were cool. Such fun. Hope to meet you soonsmiling smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 17, 2012 07:58

CindyC

Did anyone else noticed that when Keith got up to the mic to do his set, he kept looking at his hands, as though he had stuff written on them that he wanted to remember to say? I was thinking he was going to say something about the shootings.

He got such a huge response though, bigger than normal it seemed to me, that it seemed he changed his mind, like he didn't want to lose the buzz, bring down the crowd.

I recorded that portion. He looks down at his right palm, then twice at his left. I thought at the time that perhaps he had hurt his left hand, but your explanation seems more plausible. The response to Keith was amazing.

Posted by: bodysurfer ()
Date: December 17, 2012 08:11

Stones week in NY/ NJ... 3 shows, Letterman, 121212... how very memorable for us fans.

The videos, photos, comments and passion on this site are fitting testimony to the wonder that was this 50th anniversary celebration. I enjoy the diversity of opinion from one fan to the next... we are virtually all of the mind that these shows were the finest in years, yet the gap that exists in impressions of setlists, Mick and Keith's relationship, MT, the other guests, etc. is priceless.

If they play again, I will be there. If not, I could not have imagined to have been as awed and pleased as I was this week. To ever imagine that I would see the band that I have loved my entire life again in 2012 (at age 51)... better than ever... impossible (not).

For me, over the years, I have benefitted from very realistic expectations of the set lists. I was content there was some diversity in each of the 3 shows I saw. I am sure there are those of us that have seen 1 thru 21 (22 or 23) a few times each tour. I know I have.

As for the guests, if I am honest... I could do without. Granted, some (IMO) were spectacular but others (IMO) were not. I am there to see the Stones. MT is a different story, a piece of the past... a gift to us fans. Seeing Lisa sit out GS both Saturday's just didn't feel right. I was overjoyed on Thursday when she stepped up.

So best wishes to everyone... thank you for all the great info, commentary, pics and videos.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: December 17, 2012 08:12

drbryant
CindyC

Yes, never heard such a long ovation. The "Keith! Keith! Keith!" just wouldn't stop.

I recorded that portion. He looks down at his right palm, then twice at his left. I thought at the time that perhaps he had hurt his left hand, but your explanation seems more plausible. The response to Keith was amazing.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 17, 2012 08:26

stonesnow
TE
stonesnow
Was that BV in an IORR shirt in the front of the Pit during Satisfaction, stage right?

Think is was me if Ronnies side. Somebody told me.
BV was wearing his lovely jacket!
Oh well, 1-2 seconds of fame, LOL

TE
Oslo

Yes, it was Ronnie's side just a few places from the ramp--you had your hands on the top of the stage monitor.

It was out of this planet there. Ronnie talking to you and others between the songs. Ronnie is a GOD these days!!! A 16 yrs old in a 6x body. Go Ronnie Go!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 17, 2012 09:04

CindyC

Didn't notice that one, but when Mick introduced Wild Flowers, he was looking down at the floor, hand to his heart (if I remember right). He's the man!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: roby ()
Date: December 17, 2012 10:04

John&Trish

I love Mick Taylor. Who cares about Ron Wood ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home