Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:44

Fantastic show, older than my dad, unbelievable energy.

Jagger sets a new standard for elder endurance...

Seriously, fundamentally delivered

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:45

I'm pumped!

05:44over here and my rewar was the free PPV

Man, they gotta come back next year, really!

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:45

sanQ
Mick Jagger totally blew off Mick Taylor at the end when he had his arms raised.

Is Mick Jagger still going to be that full of himself? I sure hope not...I really didn't like that very much. Power tripping maybe.

After such a fantastic show, this is what you decide to post? Huh? I didn't even see it that way - Mick T was very much appreciated by all tonight, thank you very muck!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:46

For all these people bitching the guests.
At least these people fit and are interesting. Remember Dave Matthews or Jonny Lang? I can't even remember who else guested on that tour, but I do remember they added nothing to the proceedings. People like Gaga, Mayer, Black Keys are bringing something to the shows and energy level. And people bitching about Gaga - do you want Fergie, Christina? Because they made even less sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 06:46 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:46

SKILLS
Fantastic show, older than my dad, unbelievable energy.

Jagger sets a new standard for elder endurance...

Seriously, fundamentally delivered
Agree

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:48

Great show and for free www.VIPTV.

Date: December 16, 2012 06:49

UGot2Rollme
sanQ
Mick Jagger totally blew off Mick Taylor at the end when he had his arms raised.

Is Mick Jagger still going to be that full of himself? I sure hope not...I really didn't like that very much. Power tripping maybe.

After such a fantastic show, this is what you decide to post? Huh? I didn't even see it that way - Mick T was very much appreciated by all tonight, thank you very muck!
I'm not agreed 100x100 with this respectable thinking, but i think MJ was a little unrespectable with MT. The show and MT where just fantastic...IMHO

Posted by: marquess ()

It was my eleventh show, so far,

It was the BEST!

Posted by: vox12string ()

I want the DVD & I want it NOW.....

Posted by: vodolngr ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:50

What a night! The band played like they still have something to prove.

Just some final thoughts, just repeating a lot of what's been said already:

Highlights:
I think the night was all about the guitars! Keith's playing was fantastic. Ronnie was sharp. Springsteen, the Black Keys, John Mayer and Gary Clark, Jr. And, of course, Mick Taylor.

Jagger sounded great, but I wouldn't expect any less from him.

It seemed like a slow start, but after the first couple of songs, they got the jitters out and did an excellent job. Again, I think this is a band who feels that they still have something to prove.

Low points:
Lady Gaga, enough said.

I think there were too many guests, I think it killed the momentum a little bit. It did seem like Keith and Ronnie were relegate to background. This is not to take away from their performances, though.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

Live update from Paris, 5.50am...we're replaying MR !

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()

C'mon,
Lady Gaga was the gorrilla of an otherwise fantastic show. I really think she scared Mick a few times, and even Charlie was laughing. That said, most of Gaga's vox were pretty good and at least she followed the arrangement for the most part (unlike Blige in BKLYN)

Posted by: EddieByword ()

Max'sKansasCity
The title for the greatest rock & roll band in the world EVER remains undisputed.

Pissed with the prices and irritated by so many warhorses but still can't argue with that.........Ron esp. was brill..........more Mick taylor next year........and even enjoyed TD................>grinning smiley<

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:51

Happy Birthday !

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:52

I watched the whole thing with no problems courtesy of vipbox. At the end I felt like my daughter got married and was moving to the other side of the world.

That band and their music...really no words will do.

Thanks, fellas, I sure am glad I was around for the entire ride.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 06:54 by TonyMo.

Date: December 16, 2012 06:53

vodolngr
What a night! The band played like they still have something to prove.

Just some final thoughts, just repeating a lot of what's been said already:

Highlights:
I think the night was all about the guitars! Keith's playing was fantastic. Ronnie was sharp. Springsteen, the Black Keys, John Mayer and Gary Clark, Jr. And, of course, Mick Taylor.

Jagger sounded great, but I wouldn't expect any less from him.

It seemed like a slow start, but after the first couple of songs, they got the jitters out and did an excellent job. Again, I think this is a band who feels that they still have something to prove.

Low points:
Lady Gaga, enough said.

I think there were too many guests, I think it killed the momentum a little bit. It did seem like Keith and Ronnie were relegate to background. This is not to take away from their performances, though.

Please, enough already...

The girl introduced an entire new generation......

Your 3rd cousin 5 times removed sister will be buying GRRR tomorrow

Posted by: ryanpow ()

say what you will about Gaga, but she sure got Mick pumped up on that song.

Posted by: NastyHabits ()

GUITAR HEAVEN

Date: December 16, 2012 06:54

smileys with beer

Yer On

Posted by: cirrhosis ()

About an hour into the PPV, I just threw $800 at the screen.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()

What a great show...incredible.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:55

stupidguy2
For all these people bitching the guests.
At least these people fit and are interesting. Remember Dave Matthews or Jonny Lang? I can't even remember who else guested on that tour, but I do remember they added nothing to the proceedings. People like Gaga, Mayer, Black Keys are bringing something to the shows and energy level. And people bitching about Gaga - do you want Fergie, Christina? Because they made even less sense.

You asking?

gaga was weak.. Florence was much much better... Hell Lisa does better than gaga every time... of course gaga sells PPV to her minions... so that is why she got the spot, not for what she (didnt) deliver on stage.

Mayer and Gary Clark were the best guest of the night.
Only Springsteen fans will say he added anything to TD.
The Black Keys.... I need to relisten.

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:55

Bravo, gentlemen. What a beautiful band.

All guests were great too. And yes, I include Gaga. She kept them on their toes, she went -slightly- off script, she was brash and disrespectful. As she should be. Also, she was on key. Unlike Florence Welch.

Date: December 16, 2012 06:56

No problems with PPV from Argentina...I'd enjoyed a lot

Date: December 16, 2012 06:57

i really enjoyed Gaga's performance as well...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:57

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:58

That was GRRRRRRRRRReat!!!!! Watching on PPV here in Australia on a hot summer's day with a few beers, what a way to spend a day.

The run from Gimme Shelter through to Rambler was simply spectacular. What an all-star affair Going Down was, Ronnie blew Mayer off the stage and Keith's short solo was soooo tasteful and filled the gaps beautifully.

Keith just owned SFTD, and some perfect licks all the way through Gimme Shelter, even though Gaga was screaming over the top of them. Nice to see him singing backup on Dead Flowers, Wild Horses and One More Shot (OMS is so much better live than on record). Loved his mini-set as always but was hoping for something like Slipping Away or another ballad.

Ronnie was brilliant, leading the way on almost every track, I've never seen him play better. Love his showboating during the introductions.

I notice Mick left out the quip about the ticket prices, I didn't mind it myself. But most importantly, he left the door wide open for a tour next year. He hasn't lost a step, and neither has Charlie.

Personal highlights for me: Dead Flowers!!! (Great selection everybody), Wild Horses, Going Down, Gimme Shelter, Rambler, Miss You, YCAGWYW, and hearing a deafening chant of 'BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE' at a Stones show. Wish he'd done another song though.

The show made up my mind about next year, will go as far and spend as much as nessessary.

But most of all, seeing Mick Taylor take the final bow with the Stones, brilliant. Surely he'll be on the whole tour doing a mini-set consisting of Rambler, CYHMK and Sway. thumbs up Just what a great, great show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 07:05 by OneHit.

Posted by: antonyvonne ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:59

I am speechles . That was the best from the stones i have ever saw. I. See them all over Europe and us since 73

Date: December 16, 2012 07:00

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life
pretty boring stelist if this the end

Not any more boring than the other shows I guess. All were pretty similar with some exceptions. "Who Do You Love" was a nice one, "Dead Flowers" was good to see as well.

But you can't really judge a show just by the setlist. Can't compare this one to the other shows because I didn't see them, but I thoroughly enjoyed this show. Some great musicianship which surprised me. I thought people were just blowing sunshine up Keith's butt about how good he's been sounding, but tonight I believe it. Clearly not Keith of old, but much better than Keith of recent.

true but if that was the end i expected something a little different

Posted by: stonemexico ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:00

EddieByword
Max'sKansasCity
The title for the greatest rock & roll band in the world EVER remains undisputed.

Pissed with the prices and irritated by so many warhorses but still can't argue with that.........Ron esp. was brill..........more Mick taylor next year........and even enjoyed TD................>grinning smiley<
No question about it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home