Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: PPV broadcast DEC 15 questions & comments
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 04:50

sweet neo con
mick is on the tongue ramp...for 2 seconds. mayer sounds good.

There was a great shot during IORR that I'll have to go back and do a screen grab of after the concert. Mick was out front on the top of the tongue, he's in the foreground, and in the background are Keith and Ronnie jamming. Probably doesn't sound like much, but it was just visually a great shot.

Oh, and here comes Dead Flowers... love it.

Posted by: I'm Stoned ()
Date: December 16, 2012 04:56

Can PPV be watched again after the show or is it one time only?

Date: December 16, 2012 05:02

I'm Stoned

It depends on your provider I think, and the event itself. In the past I've had PPV be available for anywhere between a month and 1 day. Verizon is letting me record it, so I didn't check into how long I could keep the PPV itself for, but you SHOULD be able to watch it several times, time permitting. I've never had a PPV that was just one and done. Even boxing matches and stuff, usually once it was over it would start over again as a rerun.

Posted by: I'm Stoned ()
Date: December 16, 2012 05:04

NoCode0680
I'm Stoned

It depends on your provider I think, and the event itself. In the past I've had PPV be available for anywhere between a month and 1 day. Verizon is letting me record it, so I didn't check into how long I could keep the PPV itself for, but you SHOULD be able to watch it several times, time permitting. I've never had a PPV that was just one and done. Even boxing matches and stuff, usually once it was over it would start over again as a rerun.

Thanks!

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 05:07

I ordered it at the last minute and can say I think they are putting on an amazing show. I wish I went.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: December 16, 2012 05:24

WeLoveYou
Anyone know the full set list and can post please? Thanks.

Just wondering if I'll stay up for Midnight Rambler.

Er... Is this a live broadcast?

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 16, 2012 05:28

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I spent the $40 bucks for Comcast PPV and after 45 minutes it turned off and thanked me for ordering! Took me 45 minutes more to get through to there bullshit operators to have them ask if I want to watch the rest. Comcast SUCKS!

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:04

Mick Taylor did not disappoint!

Date: December 16, 2012 06:09

No Expectations
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I spent the $40 bucks for Comcast PPV and after 45 minutes it turned off and thanked me for ordering! Took me 45 minutes more to get through to there bullshit operators to have them ask if I want to watch the rest. Comcast SUCKS!

Like I said in the other thread, get your money back. They didn't hold up their end of the bargain. And if they offer to let you watch the rest or whatever, and not give your money back, bring up the fact that your ordered a LIVE PPV event, and they didn't deliver.

Date: December 16, 2012 06:14

NoCode0680
No Expectations

Like I said in the other thread, get your money back. They didn't hold up their end of the bargain. And if they offer to let you watch the rest or whatever, and not give your money back, bring up the fact that your ordered a LIVE PPV event, and they didn't deliver.

I got my money back. They said either watch the rest and pay or take a refund.

Date: December 16, 2012 06:32

No Expectations
NoCode0680
No Expectations

Did you try to argue for both?

Here's a trick, whenever you're mad at your cable company, just threaten to cancel and switch to another provider, they'll bend over backwards for you. The ONLY time they care about you is when you're going to leave, then they'll start offering you discounts and free crap. A couple of weeks ago my phone/TV/internet (all with Verizon) went out. They said they couldn't send anybody out for 3 days, I told them to go ahead and just schedule and un-install instead of a repair then if they're that incompetent, I had my shit fixed that same morning.

Date: December 16, 2012 06:38

NoCode0680
No Expectations
NoCode0680
No Expectations

Of course but to no avail. Did end up getting 3 months of free Showtime out of the deal.

Here's a trick, whenever you're mad at your cable company, just threaten to cancel and switch to another provider, they'll bend over backwards for you. The ONLY time they care about you is when you're going to leave, then they'll start offering you discounts and free crap. A couple of weeks ago my phone/TV/internet (all with Verizon) went out. They said they couldn't send anybody out for 3 days, I told them to go ahead and just schedule and un-install instead of a repair then if they're that incompetent, I had my shit fixed that same morning.

Of course I threatened to cancel but to no avail. Did end up getting 3 months of free Showtime out of the deal. Would have rather seen the damn show.

Date: December 16, 2012 06:45

No Expectations
NoCode0680
No Expectations
NoCode0680
No Expectations

Of course but to no avail. Did end up getting 3 months of free Showtime out of the deal.

Of course I threatened to cancel but to no avail. Did end up getting 3 months of free Showtime out of the deal. Would have rather seen the damn show.

Look at the bright side, you got to see half of a Rolling Stones PPV show, and 3 months of Showtime, all for free. And I know you probably would have rather seen the whole thing live, but you know it's going to be circulating everywhere, so you will get to see it. Hopefully and official release as well. Sorry that happened dude.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:53

On line via Yahoo worked surprisingly well. Had Laptop playing through TV and sound system . Party for one !

Great Show. Mick hinted at more to come. NEVER STOP !!!!!!!!!!!

sc uk

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 16, 2012 06:55

Pie1
Rolling Hansie
Good for you. I simply cannot login

Happened to me. Tried a different browser (Chrome) and it worked.

Thanks again mate. Your tip worked and I got to see a wonderful show.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 16, 2012 06:57

NoCode0680
No Expectations
NoCode0680
No Expectations
NoCode0680
No Expectations

Look at the bright side, you got to see half of a Rolling Stones PPV show, and 3 months of Showtime, all for free. And I know you probably would have rather seen the whole thing live, but you know it's going to be circulating everywhere, so you will get to see it. Hopefully and official release as well. Sorry that happened dude.

THX No Code. I'm sure I'll see it at some point but still pisses me off I missed it tonight!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:02

Nice moment near the end of Satisfaction where Mick is dancing in front of the drum riser and it cut to Charlie watching and laughing.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 08:39

The show tonight was stunning! Absolutely fracking stunning! Mich Taylor was the alpha guitar, but kudos to Ronnie too. He played some fantastic stuff tonight. Especially his lead on Going Down, full on Faces furry. Also his playing on Dead Flowers was beautiful. Mick was in amazing voice, really one of the best live vocal performances of his career. An incredible celebration of their 50th and Mick sings consistently good the entire show. A true highlight. He was so focused and putting so much feeling into his performance. I am stunned. A grand grand night indeed! Thank you Rolling Stones!

Date: December 16, 2012 09:04

Mick really seemed to have the crowd in the palm of his hand tonight. At first I couldn't tell if they were that into it. And in my opinion, they didn't come out of the gate real strong, I thought they were kind of flat. Not bad, but maybe I was just getting used to the mix which didn't sound that good. I either adjusted to it later or they improved it, because it sounded fine later. But as the show progressed Mick really whipped the crowd up. He had them pointing their a$$es off, and imitating his gestures, swaying back and forth, got some good singing out of them, etc. He was pretty funny too. I don't normally find him all that funny, just kind of corny in a fun way, but he got a few chuckles out of me tonight.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 16, 2012 09:45

No Expectations
NoCode0680
No Expectations
NoCode0680
No Expectations

Call again on Monday, and ask for the RETENTION DEPARTMENT... tell THEM that you want to switch to another provider, like Verizon or whoever else is available in your area.

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: December 16, 2012 10:22

It's already up on some torrent sites, if you paid for it and didn't grt it, or whatever your situation is, download it!! I was at the show so couldn't watch it obviously, but I definitely want a copy of the show for a souvenir. And no, I don't feel guilty- I have spent many paychecks on the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: December 16, 2012 12:16

If you haven't seen it yet it's streaming from this site for free right now.

video: [www.vipbox.tv]

Posted by: salar ()
Date: December 16, 2012 14:04

in germany the show will be repeated several times till christmas...
these are the dates so far...watchable in SD and in HD
you can still book it by paying 15,- euro, but you can just watch it you may not record it..i tried and it says that recording it is not possible...maybe some of you know, how to do it anyway

Sendetermine, live am 15.12., danach Wiederholungen
Datum Beginn Sendung Kanal
16.12.12 11:00 Uhr Rolling Stones live - One more Shot
Sky Select
16.12.12 14:00 Uhr Rolling Stones live - One more Shot
Sky Select
16.12.12 17:00 Uhr Rolling Stones live - One more Shot
Sky Select
16.12.12 17:00 Uhr Rolling Stones live - One more Shot
Sky Select HD
16.12.12 20:30 Uhr
Sky Select
16.12.12 20:30 Uhr Rolling Stones live - One more Shot
Sky Select HD
17.12.12 11:30 Uhr Rolling Stones live - One more Shot
Sky Select
17.12.12 14:30 Uhr Rolling Stones live - One more Shot
Sky Select
17.12.12 20:30 Uhr Rolling Stones live - One more Shot
Sky Select
18.12.12 17:00 Uhr Rolling Stones live - One more Shot
Sky Select HD
19.12.12 17:00 Uhr
Sky Select HD
20.12.12 11:30 Uhr
Sky Select
20.12.12 14:30 Uhr
Sky Select
20.12.12 17:00 Uhr
Sky Select HD
20.12.12 17:30 Uhr
Sky Select
20.12.12 20:30 Uhr
Sky Select
21.12.12 11:30 Uhr
Sky Select
21.12.12 14:30 Uhr
Sky Select
21.12.12 17:00 Uhr
Sky Select HD
21.12.12 17:30 Uhr
Sky Select
21.12.12 20:30 Uhr
Sky Select
22.12.12 17:00 Uhr
Sky Select
Sky Select HD
23.12.12 17:00 Uhr
Sky Select
23.12.12 17:00 Uhr
Sky Select HD

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: December 16, 2012 14:27

Well you have to pay only 1 time 15 euro for sky-----and you can watch the concert so often you would like!!!

Posted by: salar ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:09

Havo
Well you have to pay only 1 time 15 euro for sky-----and you can watch the concert so often you would like!!![/quote. You got it, Pay Once and you can watch it evry Day from now Till Christmas .Either normal SD Or in High Quality HD

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:11

I paid the US$ 20, downloaded app on iPad and streamed (using airplay) via Apple TV to my TV. Stunning quality and seen it already for 2nd time this morning. Will be available for 30 days....GREAT!

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:22

Wow that internet PPV was friggin' spectacular! Got together with Bondy/Trabendo/O2 friends around a 47" LED fed the 720p stream from a quadcore via HDMI and hooked up to a stereo and that was Grrrrrreat! Even with the spectacular stuff we saw in the flesh recently this was still a big thrill! Talk about getting bang for your $4.99 buck and one more month of replays too!

Any numbers on the PPV audience yet?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:23

NoCode0680
sweet neo con
mick is on the tongue ramp...for 2 seconds. mayer sounds good.

There was a great shot during IORR that I'll have to go back and do a screen grab of after the concert. Mick was out front on the top of the tongue, he's in the foreground, and in the background are Keith and Ronnie jamming. Probably doesn't sound like much, but it was just visually a great shot.

Oh, and here comes Dead Flowers... love it.

Yeah, that was a great shot last night, Mick in the foreground and Keith/Ronnie far in the background.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:55

currently on piratebay :
Stones PPV 15 dec 2012

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:59

I ordered the show, excited to see what I’ve been missing out on. Reading the rave reviews, the set lists I somehow managed to get over the fact that while I’ll always be a fan The Rolling Stones are no longer a band that someone in my financial situation can afford to see live. 2.00am came, I had some smokes, a few beers, I was ready to go. I’m front row to the greatest show in the world right? Wrong. Oh so wrong. Mick Jagger you owe me the 20 quid I paid to see that pay per view.

Intro: Long views of stage and I must admit I’m impressed. It’s simple yet eye catching. Audience shots of Chris Rock and Sarah Jessica Parker less so. Am I meant to think that being in a Stones audience is for the privileged few? I know it is but seriously Mick drop the celeb close ups. Not very Rock & Roll. The video starts and I enjoy the fan footage but can do without Johnny Depp’s ‘cooler than thou’ nonsense. Who is the long haired fan? I enjoyed him, he’s right out of Spinal Tap. Then the Drummers. What can I say? Had they not been wearing very cheap looking gorilla masks it may have been exciting. Seriously the gorilla logo needs to go.

1.Get Off My Cloud – Well I had guessed this would be the opener. I love the song so I’m ready for a great start. The band look great. I’m impressed. After a minute however I’m bored. This is not the edgy, attitude filled song I know. This is a slow, boring dirge the band just seem to walking through. Mick’s vocals are great but it’s so slow. Have they heard the record since ’65?

2.The Last Time – One of my all time favourite songs. I know this one is going to knock my socks off. Bring it on...no seriously bring it on...Why is this one so slow? Where are the guitars? I turn the volume up. Still all I hear is a keyboard driven schmaltz. The record has sharp guitars but Keith and Ronnie are just noodling limply. I hate to say it but this ain’t Rock and Roll. This is Vegas. Who is choosing the tempos?

3.It’s Only Rock & Roll – Sounds good from the get go. The first bit of quality presented tonight. Mick’s vocals are great but he’s not in the moment. He’s not dancing much. He walks around the tongue but doesn’t cut loose. Best yet but still not great.

4.Paint It Black – When last I had heard this live in 2003 it was a thumping, brooding masterpiece with the entire band on fire. This one I know they can do in their sleep and still deliver. I’m ready. I notice immediately how improved Mick’s vocals are and wonder is this because he seems to be limiting his movement on stage. The song seems slow, too slow. I enjoy Mick in the fade but the song never took off.

5.Gimme Shelter – Keith’s intro with Lisa is beautiful. Mick for the first time seems to cut loose and start dancing. I’m excited and I have forgotten all about rumoured guest appearances. I’m ready for Mick and Lisa to whip up a storm when in walks a screeching GaGa. Now I’m going to be nice before I’m nasty. Lady GaGa can sing. She has some writing ability and seems in interviews like a nice lady. However for a split second I think a fat drag queen has invaded the stage. I’m waiting for security to drag her off. This isn’t The Rolling Stones. This is a John Waters movie. I’m not sure she listened to the lyrics of the song before signing up. She moves like a demented banshee, channelling Divine. She ignores Mick quite a bit and he seems genuinely desperate to engage her. Am I witnessing high comedy? Had she guested for a fun number like ‘She’s So Cold’ or ‘She Was Hot’ it may have had camp value but this is just stupid. Both artists are devalued.

6.Wild Horses – Sounds great. The first hit of the night. Amazed at how good the band look.

7.I’m Goin’ Down – John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr. are the guests. First impression is it sounds better than Jeff Beck’s train wreck appearance in London. Mick sounds good and Keith’s playing seems hot but once again why the guests? Mayer is hardly of the same calibre and seems a complete non-entity.

8.Dead Flowers – Another favourite. Sounds great but found the video footage behind them distracting.

9.Who Do You Love? – A great choice and a good solid Stones performance but once again why a guest appearance? Should be retitled “Who the @#$%& are the Black Keys?” And I think we can all agree that the answer is nobody. How big is their college hipster audience? My guess is very small. Who does Mick think he is attracting with this nonsense?

10.Doom and Gloom – Mick sounds great and I’m glad to hear a new song in the set.

11.One More Shot – Not a good song to begin with but Mick trudges through it. However even he can’t polish this turd.

12.Miss You – It’s ‘Miss You’, nothing else to say. Competent version been there and literally have the t-shirt. I’m now waiting for the descent into the warhorses.

13.Honky Tonk Women – Mick is entertaining and the band sound good.

14.Before They Make Me Run – Keith’s inevitable and increasingly embarrassing solo spot. Definitely a beer run. It is better than his 2007 efforts but let’s be honest me beating next doors cat with an iron cable would be an improvement on that. Shaky and predictable to say the least.

15.Happy – This was tired 30 years ago. I actually changed the channel until it was over.

16.Midnight Rambler – This is really what I’d been waiting for. Mick is at his best and I was glad to see Taylor up there. Dark and fascinating.

17.Start Me Up – Good version but once again it’s been done to death and better than this.

18.Tumbling Dice – Of all their warhorses this is the only one I never tire of hearing. It just is the essence of the Stones sound. Bruce may be the only guest spot of the night that didn’t have me cringing but once again why bother? He didn’t and couldn’t add anything to the song.

19.Brown Sugar – Good version.

20.Sympathy For The Devil – Good version.

21.You Can't Always Get What You Want – A highlight of the show. Mick is confident and I actually enjoyed the Choir.

22.Jumping Jack Flash – Good version.

23.Satisfaction – Good version.

Nothing much else to say really. Had I paid 1000 dollars to see this in person I’d be pissed. The band practiced for seven weeks but seem lost in show business. Mick may think that every fourteen year old GaGa fan in the world is now worshipping at his feet, and that John Mayer’s and The Black Keys twenty something fans are Stones devotees but Mick trust me you’re wrong. No Stones fan purchasing tickets or pay per view is ever thinking “I wonder if Beyonce is going to join them”? We want the Stones, nothing else, we want Rock and Roll. We don’t want to be tentatively enjoying ‘Brown Sugar’ with the nagging fear of One Direction jumping out from being the drums.
Also the tempos for the classic sixties pop songs are all over the place. Would it really kill them to stick on the record and hear how it should sound. I’m all for artistic changes happening while on stage but they all sound Vegas, all the same, all the energy sucked out of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 19:02 by iamthedj.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home