Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: PPV broadcast DEC 15 questions & comments
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 15, 2012 11:47

9pm EST
6pm PST
2am London
3am Amsterdam

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: I'm Stoned ()
Date: December 15, 2012 11:48

Rolling Hansie
9pm EST
6pm PST
2am London
3am Amsterdam

Thank you Hansie!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 15, 2012 11:57

I think there's some kind of preshow but the actual concert is :
9.00 EST
6.00 Pacific
2.00 AM GMT
3.00 AM Paris

We've got a lil' Stones' night planned here around a big flat screen, should be fun! In Europe the time more than the cost (streaming for $5 only mostly) is the problem but as I found for 121212 you can't beat the thrill of catching them "live" even after these great recent concerts...after all when is that going to happen again ?

Yeah HD has to be at least 720p, I think that's the best compromise for streaming, but I'll settle for 480p provided there is no freezing, that would be very, very annoying!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: I'm Stoned ()
Date: December 15, 2012 12:35

A little help needed !!!

I bought the PPV using this link: [rs50.neulion.com]

I filled out the form as a new user and got an email with this link:
[music.yahoo.com]

This doesn't look like a personal link for my bought PPV. It's a public link!

When I log in with my created account on: [rs50.neulion.com] I'm also redirected to the public link: [music.yahoo.com]

I do not understand it > How can I watched my personal bought PPV? Where do I have to log in?

Do I also have to create an account with Yahoo?

Help much appreciated! confused smiley

Posted by: SlyStoned ()
Date: December 15, 2012 12:58

How can we catch it from France ? It does not appear on the official country list.

Date: December 15, 2012 13:27

Yahoo streaming is the only option.

Posted by: SlyStoned ()
Date: December 15, 2012 13:31

I'll try to stay awake then. Merci !

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: December 15, 2012 13:37

I'm Stoned
A little help needed !!!

I bought the PPV using this link: [rs50.neulion.com]

I filled out the form as a new user and got an email with this link:
[music.yahoo.com]

This doesn't look like a personal link for my bought PPV. It's a public link!

When I log in with my created account on: [rs50.neulion.com] I'm also redirected to the public link: [music.yahoo.com]

I do not understand it > How can I watched my personal bought PPV? Where do I have to log in?

Do I also have to create an account with Yahoo?

Help much appreciated! confused smiley

Hey hey,
first of all I gotta say: My whole advice is built on my personal conclusion so it could be wrong (but I don't really think so) winking smiley

After doing the login today, you are directed to the public yahoo-site, that's true. There you should see some Stones-Videos. Now I guess that just when the pre-show starts (check out what time it is in your country) there will be another slot with the livestream. But the site where you can login should still be the one that was mentioned by you (rs50....)

Best regards,
Diego

Date: December 15, 2012 15:20

maradona
just when the pre-show starts (check out what time it is in your country) there will be another slot with the livestream. But the site where you can login should still be the one that was mentioned by you (rs50....)

That's what they wrote in the email I got

At the night of the concert (9pm est) you can either follow the link from your confirmation e-mail, or you can log-in from this website [rs50.neulion.com]

If you have any more questions, please let us know
Best regards,
RS50 Support

-------------------

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 15, 2012 15:37

Windows 8

Windows 8 has just received what could easily be considered one of the best apps ever since the new operating system officially came out: the Rolling Stones One More Shot.

This is an application aimed at Rolling Stones fans, as it allows them to watch the greatest rock and roll band in the world live from the Prudential Center on December 15, 2012.

It’s all happening in your Modern UI on any Windows 8 computer, as the app can be easily downloaded from the Windows Store.

Although it features a freeware license, the integrated pay-per-view video streaming option comes with a price tag of only $4.99 (€3.8). A countdown and live tweets on the concert keep you up to date with the event.

Click here to view the Rolling Stones One More Shot app in your browser.

[apps.microsoft.com]

Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: December 15, 2012 16:49

Trying to order from the UK to watch online through yahoo.I registered and filled in all my details but when I submit it says I must choose a product? I cannot see where that is and surely there is only one product? I hate these things as I keep going around and around and not getting anywhere! Excuse the pun

Date: December 15, 2012 17:02

MickyG, did you register at [rs50.neulion.com]

-------------------

Date: December 15, 2012 17:08

Rolling Hansie
MickyG, did you register at [rs50.neulion.com]

Yes thank Rolling Hansie, through the link at Rollingstones.com. it just keeps saying i must choose a product? I have put a help email out to them and will see what happens

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:35

Lien
Windows 8

Windows 8 has just received what could easily be considered one of the best apps ever since the new operating system officially came out: the Rolling Stones One More Shot.

This is an application aimed at Rolling Stones fans, as it allows them to watch the greatest rock and roll band in the world live from the Prudential Center on December 15, 2012.

It’s all happening in your Modern UI on any Windows 8 computer, as the app can be easily downloaded from the Windows Store.

Although it features a freeware license, the integrated pay-per-view video streaming option comes with a price tag of only $4.99 (€3.8). A countdown and live tweets on the concert keep you up to date with the event.

Click here to view the Rolling Stones One More Shot app in your browser.

[apps.microsoft.com]

Very cool!

Unfortunately, it appears that depending on where your ordering from, the price will change. Mine came up as $24.99.

For that price I'm going to order PPV from my cable provider, and hopefully I can record to DVR.

Date: December 15, 2012 17:45

@MickyG - hope you can get it sorted, I for one didn't have any product to choose from once I was logged in. If you can post a screenshot we can try to help.

Ok, guys 10h15' to go by my count !

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 15, 2012 17:57

The actual PPV broadcast starts at 8:30, which will lead into the actual start of the concert itself. At least according to Comcast HDTV broadcast. This makes sense to me.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:03

JumpingKentFlash just made me aware that the concert is running on norwegian TV2, 3 o clock, tonight. No charges. Scandinavians could tune in on that channel.

Date: December 15, 2012 18:05

gotdablouse
@MickyG - hope you can get it sorted, I for one didn't have any product to choose from once I was logged in. If you can post a screenshot we can try to help.

Ok, guys 10h15' to go by my count !

Cheers gotdablouse, think it was a bug on Samsung pad. I went through my phone and registered ok? Logged back in on my pad and all looks good. Can't wait!

Date: December 15, 2012 18:07

Nice present, is it in HD? Can't find that channel on the 13/19.2/28.2 sats though :-(

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:46

Hello,

After a bit of messing about I have paid Virgin UK £10 to see the show. Trouble is that the first chords will be strummed about 0230 and I'll be at my work Christmas party tonight so just how much I'll remember is questionable, hah-hah!

Still, there are always the re-runs...with Alka-Seltzer...ouch!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 15, 2012 18:47

Erik_Snow
JumpingKentFlash just made me aware that the concert is running on norwegian TV2, 3 o clock, tonight. No charges. Scandinavians could tune in on that channel.

Yep. As I said: Thank you Norway!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:45

Might be worth trying this:

[www.vipbox.tv]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: December 15, 2012 19:53

Thanks to all. I am in now I guess. Paid the 8,99 to Yahoo and got the confirmation email.

The PC and the big TV screen is ready with all the sound system, the bottle of whisky is one meter away from the sofa and the ices in the fridge...

Just need to decide if I go to sleep for 3 or 4 hours before the show (3 am in Spain) or I stay awake and warm up with another DVD concert!

Have fun, guys!!!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:25

SlyStoned
How can we catch it from France ? It does not appear on the official country list.

I did it via RollingStones.com. and then the Yahoo thing. Seems to be working. Cost is 4.99USD

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:32

now I'm scared with Yahoo boys...the arrows on the screen can't stop to turn...and indeed it freeze, it seems that there will be a bunch of people tonight ...Anyone experience the same thing ?

HMN

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:35

Honestman
now I'm scared with Yahoo boys...the arrows on the screen can't stop to turn...and indeed it freeze, it seems that there will be a bunch of people tonight ...Anyone experience the same thing ?

Nope up to now.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:35

I posted on another thread in this forum, days ago, about how the Yahoo streaming seemed very unclear as to how to proceed at the time of the concert, and how when Neulion was emailed they did not answer my simple questions at all. I was then blasted by some jerk about being "so bitter". Now it turns out that everbody and his mother is finding it unclear also.

Price in Mexico was US$4.99, then hours after I purchased it, it went to US$24.99.

After repeatedly emailing Neulion on how to proceed at the time of the concert for the Yahoo streaming, they finally came through with a semi-un-half-assed response. After analysing that response I would say that they mean: Just log-in at the link given in the confimation email. It will work when the time comes.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:37

phd
Honestman

Nope up to now.

Il suffit de demander, j'étais planté depuis 20 mn, je reessaye et bingo winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:58

As far as I´m told, I can´t record the PPV from sky in Germany, so I wonder is there any hope we will have the AUDIO (for my i&%$$ne) from the show on here soon? Or would this official (don´t think so, Hampton81 wasn´t)?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:58

My setup:

Feed the Verizon FiOS HD signal via
> YPBPR component video + stereo audio to
> Hauppauge HD-PVR processor
> feed via USB to
> Mac laptop running Elgato EyeTV software.

> Record the HD video onto an external hard drive.
> Compress the video & archive onto DVD.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home