Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I have an idea.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 14, 2005 03:04

The tours always seem to have a "new thing" in them. Like B2B had the web choice and Licks had the 3 different shows. I'm thinking that it would be awesome if the idea, among other things of course, was that they played a new song every night of the tour. Not just from the new record, but also from the
back-catalogue. Now I think the tour is gonna be around 120 shows long. Of course they'll come off easy because Brown Sugar also counts for a new song. So maybe if they do fairly the same show, or three different kinds like on Licks, they could have an open slot for the new song.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: I have an idea.
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 14, 2005 14:06

So this would mean one under rehearsed and badly played song every night.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 14, 2005 14:52

No chance. Mick always likes to play it safe.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 14, 2005 15:06

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No chance. Mick always likes to play it safe.

I know. But I still think it would rock if they did this.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: January 15, 2005 15:35

That means the tour would get more difficult the longer it lasts, and that is not really the Stones is it? It's usually the other way 'round.

Furthermore this combined with the decreasing accuracy you usually tend to see during a tour the 'new song section' would not be too high-quality by the time it sees Europe. Presumably lots of background/tape with some Chuck Berry riffs by Keith and some cat-on-a-fence by Ronnie.

Good idea though, marketing wise. It would trigger people who'd already seen a show to see one more. Anyway they do it, a VL-tour identity with virtually the same setlist every night would not do anymore, not even if it were stadium only. They've proved better during Licks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home