Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Remember Stu
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 12, 2012 13:23

Twenty-seven years gone today.

"Let's go you showers of shit. You're on !"

Re: Remember Stu
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 12, 2012 13:23

smileys with beer TO STU!!!

Date: December 12, 2012 13:54

You are missed, Stu thumbs up

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 13:58

Didn't look like a rock star
Didn't act like a rock star
But the biggest rock stars in the world loved & respected him and his playing.

One of a kind

It would be so cool if Mick says something about Stu on the 15th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-12 14:06 by GS1978.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: December 12, 2012 14:02

Thanks to Ben Waters for making this album and getting together the concert in London.
[www.benwaters.com]

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: December 12, 2012 14:27

Yes and I ordered the cd.its on its way.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: December 12, 2012 15:44

Here's to the Son of Pittenweem, Scotland.

smileys with beer

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 12, 2012 16:18

great bloke, good musician.
Miss him.
jeroen

Posted by: mgmiller ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:07

Never posted before but have been reading here for years, finally registered last week to maybe venture some comments.

I have an Ian Stewart story some may find interesting. In 1978 we were high school juniors living in east Tennessee.That summer a friend of mine's family bought a beautiful large beach house just south of Myrtle Beach, SC some 7-8 hours drive away. They also bought a country club/golf and condo resort community called Deerfield Plantation. Since we now had a free place to stay, we went to check it out. After arriving we found out we had just missed a unanounced surprise show the Stones had played in Myrtle Beach, and it was rumured that the band was still in the area, resting up before the next concert. That rumur was true and they were staying in Deerfield. Well, my friend's uncle was also in town and he thought that, being one of the new owners of the place, he could arrange for us to meet the Rolling Stones. That didn't happen, (I don't blame the band for not wanting to waste their time on some 17 year old punks) but Ian Stewart agreed to meet us in one of the parking lots. I don't think we really knew his history and importance to the band at the time, but we knew he was a close insider, so we were excited. After a few minutes the subject of tickets for the next show came up and Ian offered to try to get us a few for the next date coming up in Lexington, KY. He asked for a phone number so he could give us confirmation and I offered mine in Tennessee. We thanked him and left thinking sure, that's the end of that.
A few days later the phone at the beach house rang, it was my 14 year old sister calling to say a lovely, thick british accented man had just called. We had 4 tickets at the window for SATURDAY night at Rupp Arena! Ian even called my sister "love" as he hung up. Wow, were we excited. We were planning to leave Sunday but instead left early Saturday so we could pick up a 4th person from town and make the 3 hour drive to Lexington.
When we arrived back from the beach, our 4th person, who was a DJ at the rock & roll radio station, gave us the bad news. The concert had been FRIDAY night, the night before! Stu had the date wrong! Ian Stewart went to all that trouble for us and we missed the show. We were crushed, but probably nobody more than me because I had seen the Stones 3 years before in Memphis. The 4th of July in a baseball stadium, was so close to the stage that I got sprayed with water from Mick Jagger's fire hose.
I hope Ian Stewart never knew those tickets went to waste.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:15

Love and light to the man - love and light, and thanks and praises

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:15

Great first post, mgmiller ! thumbs up

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:51

Great story MgMiller, thank you for sharing it and welcome to the board.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 12, 2012 19:05

MISS YOU STU!!

Nice story.. Welcome...Thats why all the Stones loved Stu..

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 12, 2012 19:12

Blessings to Stu.

What a lovely story - warms ones heart to read it.

Welcome to the Snake Pit! winking smiley

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: December 12, 2012 19:18

Nice thought posting the picture and the Memphis story. Well done, IORR'ers.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 12, 2012 21:24

In a sense I think Stu is still with the band. The tribute to him by Ben Waters got the ball rolling on bringing ex-Stones back into the fold. Although Mick Taylor had already contributed to Plundered My Soul, Ben Waters Stu tribute brought Mick Taylor out live, performing with Wood, Watts, and also drug out the most recalcitrant Bill Wyman. This led to Bill contributing to a couple Stones related cuts and finally to his appearance at the O2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1874
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home