Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Welcome Virginia, Welcome Hampton ...
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 11, 2012 10:43

Welcome Virginia, Welcome Hampton and welcome to everyone watchin' on TV, hope you havin' a good time now sinkin' a few beers, smokin' a few joints at home with ya. Alrrright....URBANSTEEL

Will it rival Hampton terms of influence, distrubution and availability.....off course far wider, VHS was was it was.

I Just hope URBANSTEEL is watchin' and enjoying himself. Cheers to you brother

Let the good times roll 15th 9:00pm or whatever time it is wherever you rock.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 19:01 by bv.

Re: Welcome Virginia, Welcome Hampton and welcome to everyone watchin' on TV, hope you havin' a good time now sinkin' a few beers, smokin' a few joints at home with ya. Alrrright....URBANSTEEL
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 11, 2012 12:56

Start posting again U-S, will ya ? smiling smiley

Re: Welcome Virginia, Welcome Hampton and welcome to everyone watchin' on TV, hope you havin' a good time now sinkin' a few beers, smokin' a few joints at home with ya. Alrrright....URBANSTEEL
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 13:02

Edith Grove

DITTO thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 11, 2012 18:10

They also had a PPV from Miami in '94, and there was an HBO live broadcast from MSG in 2002. Either of them probably dwarfed Hampton in viewership, not in quality of performance.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 11, 2012 18:12

I believe he was officially upgraded to 'The Great Urban Steel' so please be respectful of that...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 11, 2012 18:13

Longest thread title ever?...

Date: December 11, 2012 18:15

Miss you steel.

Re: Welcome Virginia, Welcome Hampton ...
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 19:12

"I ain't forgetting Los Angeles, either." (Now, what's the dude in the crowd say? Ha.)

Posted by: straycatdevil ()
Date: December 12, 2012 03:26

Title5Take1
"I ain't forgetting Los Angeles, either." (Now, what's the dude in the crowd say? Ha.)
"FU-K Los Angeles!"

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 12, 2012 04:35

There will never be another Hampton...it was the year after Lennon was killed, a big tour for the Stones, pay-per-view was a new thing for concerts (it was shown on "ON-TV" here in Los Angeles...I know, "F*ck Los Angeles!" ). Didn't know anyone who had pay-TV, but I listened to the simulcast on the mighty KMET and still have the cassettes of the recording. Played the hell out of them for the next year or so.

Didn't actually see the Hampton concert until about 10 years later when I bought a copy on VHS at the Pasadena record swap meet. Subsequent pay-per-views (Atlantic City '89, Miami '94, St. Louis '97) were all good, but never quite the same as Hampton Roads.

'81 was a different era...no Internet, no YouTube, no downloading of shows, no finding out setlists beforehand (let alone hearing about them in real time!) Just a totally different time, which made it special then and now.

God I sound like an old dude...what the hell happened to me?! grinning smiley

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 04:37

I want an official DVD release of Hampton.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 12, 2012 04:40

odean73
Edith Grove

DITTO thumbs up

That dude was really cool. I hope he is okay.

Date: December 12, 2012 10:24

Urban posted for the first time in a while on the 10th on the "Taylor Blew It" thread.

just found it amongst the flotsam and jetsam of those postings

UrbanSteel
Yep winking smiley, he did blew everybody away with his performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-12 10:25 by SKILLS.

Date: December 12, 2012 11:20

Kevinrm15
I want an official DVD release of Hampton.

From the footage the have released officially the 4Reel 5.1 Version would be hard to beat

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home