Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Did Taylor blew it?
Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 08:31

Why does anybody leave a job, either for a better offer or because the job and your workmates suck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-12 08:33 by lapaz62.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 12, 2012 08:55

lapaz62
Why does anybody leave a job, either for a better offer or because the job and your workmates suck.

New challenges. When things grow stale and you feel you're getting stunted and stagnant where you are, you move on.

Taylor was/is a virtuoso musician fond of making soaring melodic statements with his instrument. The Stones were an exciting unit for a 20-year-old guitarist to be joining in 1969, as the band was still forging fresh musical parameters and getting into the stride of revolutionizing the concert industry as well as recording a series of landmark albums. When he started, Taylor maybe smoked a little pot and that was it. By 1974, he was heavily into cocaine, his co-guitarist and one of the main songwriters was steeped in a haze of heroin, and the lead singer and other principal songwriter had become fond of chasing fleeting fashion trends like Glam and dabbling in tuneless funk experiments on record. Taylor thought The Stones had gone as far as they could go creatively, and he was bored. Just being a musician in 1974 is a boring enough thought, the reality must have been like wearing an ankle weight around your head. Should he have stayed on, playing music he had no interest in just to cash the checks and have the 5 houses around the world? At least where he is now no one tells him how to play and when playing live he can play whatever damn song he pleases the way he feels it.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 10:54

You also need to remember that GHS and IORR were not that well received at the time and it looked like the Stones were almost finished. In a way he kept them going by leaving and Woods gave them a bit of a new lease on life. Black & Blue and Some Girls would have been completely different albums with MT, better or worse, who knows ?.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:11

Well, this speculation has proved to be COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE, as RS.com has just tweeted that MT is to guest on the two Prudential shows. So anyone who thought he was out of the running can give it all a rest and move on to the next gripe.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:15

Good catch, it's on the smartphone app too !

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:18

Hurrah!!!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: December 12, 2012 12:45

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-15 12:47 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 12, 2012 13:42

See? this thread has done it's purpose... I guess he didn't blow it afterall. hhahahahah

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 12, 2012 15:52

Beast
Well, this speculation has proved to be COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE, as RS.com has just tweeted that MT is to guest on the two Prudential shows. So anyone who thought he was out of the running can give it all a rest and move on to the next gripe.
Well said, absolutely.....I couldn't believe the nonsense I was reading on this thread when it was blindingly obvious he was slated to play anyway. I suppose there'll no be a reprise of the "No Bill Wyman" gripe.....lol !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 12, 2012 16:55

Hugely happy for Mick Taylor that he gets to be a part of this and for the people going to the shows who were looking forward to seeing him and that whatever was thought to be amiss was not the case.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 12, 2012 17:00

Rokyfan
Hugely happy for Mick Taylor that he gets to be a part of this and for the people going to the shows who were looking forward to seeing him and that whatever was thought to be amiss was not the case.

an excellently constructed, all-inclusive sentence

Date: December 12, 2012 19:22

Obviously not.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 12, 2012 19:24

Apparently Taylor didn't blew it.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 12, 2012 19:58

You said it all Professor StonesTod.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:38

StonesTod
Rokyfan

an excellently constructed, all-inclusive sentence

It could have used a few commas. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 14, 2013 17:53

=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-14 17:54 by scottkeef.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 14, 2013 18:26

i was in newark on 12/15 and taylor nailed it like the master of the les paul and slide that he is .taylor is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 14, 2013 18:48

Since Mick Taylor is a musical genius he had to rehearse only one times on stage and then he was the master of the band ... Hope they will release all shows of the tour in excellent sound quality. Although I'm not completely satisfied with the five anniversary performances it would be interesting to hear the band in an exquisite sound.

Posted by: mitchmitchell ()
Date: January 14, 2013 19:27

-----

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-14 19:27 by mitchmitchell.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 14, 2013 19:38

Bobby Keys blew it - he does every show.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 14, 2013 20:33

Bobby goes from chin to chest...lol peace

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: January 14, 2013 20:43

There was nothin "over the top" about MT"s performance on any night.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 14, 2013 20:43

James Kirk
Nonsesnse. That is total,complete and utter speculation.

Seems definitive to me.

Date: January 14, 2013 20:58

RobertJohnson
Since Mick Taylor is a musical genius he had to rehearse only one times on stage and then he was the master of the band ... Hope they will release all shows of the tour in excellent sound quality. Although I'm not completely satisfied with the five anniversary performances it would be interesting to hear the band in an exquisite sound.

Are we forgetting mr Jagger here, perhaps? Master of the band. He played good on one out of 23 songs ...

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 14, 2013 21:57

Mick you reading this? I promise I will pay for a ticket and promote your band to all my rich friends if you keep Taylor AND make Keith rehearse WITH Taylor FOR WEEKS OR MONTHS before you tour. If Keith and Taylor start playing guitar together now in time for a tour Rambler will be the best shite ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-14 21:58 by Redhotcarpet.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2329
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home