Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Did Taylor blew it?
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:16

It's no secret Bill Wyman is not a full time Stone because he doesn't want to and his fear of flying probably wont let us see him on this tour... but did Taylor blew it in london with his over the top Rambler performances? I think not, I think he should be on board but then again , he looks aweful, awkward, like he was found in some white trash trailer park... his playing? hey give him a few shows and maybe two more tracks... I don't think the Stones felt good about Taylor onstage though... chemistry? maybe a few seconds... what a let down.

Re: Did Taylor blew it?
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:18

Ahhhh you're looking for something that's not there.
Taylor did great on night 2 and very well on night 1.

Its just a matter of Mick not knowing exactly how long Taylor was gonna rip it...

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:19

I'm sure you would do a better job....

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:23

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-15 12:43 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:28

hahahaha how come he is not in New York?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:30

Does everything have to have a conspiracy theory?

Maybe he was just asked to play Newark?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:36

Gazza
Does everything have to have a conspiracy theory?

Maybe he was just asked to play Newark?

aah,now we have the CIA involved.

Date: December 10, 2012 21:55

Taylor dropped the ball but Lady GAGA is going to drop it in the end zone for a gamewinner!!!!

Of course Taylor didnt blow it! Hes just not A list matwerial lol.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:18

Nonsesnse. That is total,complete and utter speculation.

If people were not allowed on tours for playing a bum note here or there Keith and Ronnie would have been given a pink slip in 1976.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 22:19 by James Kirk.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:26

James Kirk

If people were not allowed on tours for playing a bum note here or there Keith and Ronnie would have been given a pink slip in 1976.

Keith has a touch more clout them Taylor...bum notes got him the job in the first place too

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:26

Night 2 was smoking hot, night 1 over the top indeed.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:30

No, he didn't blow it. Night 2 was great. Hope to see him in Newark... REALLY, REALLY, HOPE. 2 songs or more.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:45

If anything's over the top, it's the question and the assumption in the title of this thread.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:29

James Kirk

More speculation: the way he stepped all over keith and Woody with his playing during Rambler was noi appreciated by the Stones (style,not bum notes). When his Spanish gig was cancelled with the statement (by the venue, not MT) that it was canceled so he can "go on the Rolling Stones tour," they got really pissed and told him forget it.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:37

Rokyfan
James Kirk

More speculation: the way he stepped all over keith and Woody with his playing during Rambler was noi appreciated by the Stones (style,not bum notes). When his Spanish gig was cancelled with the statement (by the venue, not MT) that it was canceled so he can "go on the Rolling Stones tour," they got really pissed and told him forget it.

You have absolutely no proof of that.

Date: December 11, 2012 01:08

No proof at all. The venue website did issue that statement. They could have just made it up, or Taylor could have thought when he cancelled that he was going to NY and told them that. I think that scenario or something like it is more likely than that he was never going to the US to begin with. But anything is possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 01:09 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: December 11, 2012 01:10

I have fears something went wrong.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 11, 2012 01:16

windmelody

Is the over / under line for MT still at 1 song or can we hopefully move it up to 2?

Date: December 11, 2012 01:18

Fredluvzstones
I have fears something went wrong.

That's what I have been saying. I don't think Taylor missing th bus to heathrow is what went wrong.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 01:23

Keith had a great time so I don't think MT's appearance (or nonappearance) would have anything to do with that.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:06

windmelody

Yeah, he either knew instinctively that he overdid it on the 25th, or listened to the playback. Either way, he adapted and did it right on the 2nd show.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:43

Loudei
he looks aweful, awkward, like he was found in some white trash trailer park...

What a comment--from someone who says, "Did Taylor blew it?" and "aweful."

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 11, 2012 04:11

I think the performance last week is all we going te get from Mick Taylor together with the Stones I'm afraid. Yes, he did overplay and it was so many years since he played with them.

Date: December 11, 2012 06:55

what are ya talkin about

keith was grinnin ear to ear

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: December 11, 2012 07:17

Yest Yoking

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: December 11, 2012 07:54

Loudei
he looks aweful, awkward, like he was found in some white trash trailer park..

Dude, seriously. When did looks become so important when it comes to playing music? And pray tell, when did looks become so important when playing in The Rolling Stones? I love 'em to death, but these guys look like they crawled out of the crypt. I doubt Mick Taylor's appearance factored into whether or not they were going to invite him to play. I'm not going to rip the band's appearance to prove a point, but you're off base if you think physical appearance has anything to do with whether MT plays in NJ.

Geez, I know some of you fat cats are plunking down $1k per ticket (which is cool if you got it like that), but I hope your personal wealth hasn't warped you into thinking that appearances have become more important than the music.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 11, 2012 08:08

No, he didn't blow it on the 29th. It was a gutsy, unpredictable performance - and the clear highlight of the tour so far.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 08:59

Don't know if Taylor "blue it" or not but the reality is he is NOT a Stone anymore and hasn't been for an awfully long time. Of course the band was the best when he was a member and they did by far their best work as Mick Taylor on guitar but let's face it he quit way back in 1974-5 and the Rolling Stones have never been quite the same since he did.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 09:06

Did he blew it (Moron).

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 11, 2012 12:39

UrbanSteel
Yep winking smiley, he did blew everybody away with his performance.

He returns...love you bro... almost 5 years since the injury 4.5 years almost since I found IORR and you and BV's kinship. Cheers Lads you've made the online world amazing for me

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2120
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home