Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Lady Gaga - Sadly Not OT
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 11, 2012 06:03

Munichhilton
howled
Lady Gaga doing Led Zep before the calculated image and direction change.

Wow
I can't tell who was worse....the camera or the singer.
Damn good shot of the brick wall

Is it too late to invite the brick wall as a guest, INSTEAD of eggegg?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 06:05 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 11, 2012 06:09

treaclefingers
I don't know why there is so much animosity with this announcement.

I'm going to enjoy seeing how this turns out. Gaga is great, and even if it implodes, it'll be one for the ages.

This is pure entertainment. The boss and black keys as well...what's the problem here, this is going to be great!
smileys with beerthumbs up

Date: December 11, 2012 06:13

memphiscats
treaclefingers

I'm going to enjoy seeing how this turns out. Gaga is great, and even if it implodes, it'll be one for the ages.

This is pure entertainment. The boss and black keys as well...what's the problem here, this is going to be great!

boooo boooo winking smiley

there are better guests... heck even no guests is better than than eggegg.

Mainly I am not a fan of the pump and dump music monster machine that created eggegg, I try to ignore it, but when they do something like this... well... that is why the animosity.

Date: December 11, 2012 06:17

Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
treaclefingers

Mainly I am not a fan of the pump and dump music monster machine that created eggegg, I try to ignore it, but when they do something like this... well... that is why the animosity.
AW c'mon Max! She's pretty good...they could've done worse! smoking smiley

Date: December 11, 2012 06:22

memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
treaclefingers

She is a creation.... from the mold of the machine... in the form of Madonna

Note that I did not say much about Mary J Blidge or Florence before hand, they seem more real (though I could be wrong)... I waited to see.. but this thing that is eggegg is not real... her whole schtick from the start ... it is a schtick like KISS's BS.... it is a creation, it is not natural.... and The Stones giving it credence, to sell some PPV tickets and crossmarket to the hordes of her fans, just doesnt sit well with me..... but it is their gig and they can do what they want... and so can I, at this poinbt I am feeling less bad about not being there. I may not even order the PPV... and I am aware that they probably could not care less if I do or not.

And of course her songs are catchy, they are reboots of catchy Madonna songs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 06:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 11, 2012 06:30

Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
treaclefingers

Note that I did not say much about Mary J Blige or Florence befroe hand, they seem more reall (though I could be worng)... I waited to see.. but this thing that is eggegg is not real... her whole schtick from the start ... her KISSl ike BS.... it is a creation not antural.... and The Stones giving it credence to sell some PPV tickets and crossmarket to the hordes of her fans.... just doenst sit well with me.

OKEY DOKEY...OH Lord - our first fight - Let's just "agree to disagree." But promise if she's really good on Saturday that you'll at least eat three of your words (and I get to decide which ones). winking smiley
p.s. I personally loathe Madonna. However, I agree that some of her songs are also "catchy." Maybe I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time with her...but Gaga is, well, kind of fun. And she really does have some grit.
OK. Still friends??? smileys with beer

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 11, 2012 06:31

71Tele
memphiscats
I like Lady Gaga. While I don't own her records, I like some of her songs and I think she's talented.
This is a brilliant marketing ploy since now all of the teeny-boppers (aka Little Monsters) will get turned on to the Stones...and that's not a bad thing!
In the words of my 14 year-old daughter, Chillax people. smoking smiley

I like her too. I also like many other artists that have absolutely nothing to do with anything the Rolling Stones have done in 50 years, and no relationship with them except for their use in a cynical bid to sell more PPV broadcasts to people who know or care nothing about the Rolling Stones.

precisely...

Another money grab for PPV.

Date: December 11, 2012 06:33

memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
treaclefingers

Note that I did not say much about Mary J Blige or Florence befroe hand, they seem more reall (though I could be worng)... I waited to see.. but this thing that is eggegg is not real... her whole schtick from the start ... her KISSl ike BS.... it is a creation not antural.... and The Stones giving it credence to sell some PPV tickets and crossmarket to the hordes of her fans.... just doenst sit well with me.

OKEY DOKEY...OH Lord - our first fight - Let's just "agree to disagree." But promise if she's really good on Saturday that you'll at least eat three of your words (and I get to decide which ones). winking smiley
p.s. I personally loathe Madonna. However, I agree that some of her songs are also "catchy." Maybe I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time with her...but Gaga is, well, kind of fun. And she really does have some grit.

I might agree to that.. but they have banned talking about eating around here... and the dude abides... as long it fits winking smiley

OF COURSE! MEW! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 06:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 11, 2012 06:40

Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
treaclefingers

I might agree to that.. but they have banned talking about eating around here... and the dude abides... as long it fits winking smiley

OF COURSE! MEW! smileys with beer
But man that cat can roll...yum, yum, yum...mew, mew, mew!smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 06:43 by memphiscats.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 11, 2012 07:10

Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
treaclefingers

the stones are a creation, are they not? from the mold of the Oldham machine.... in the form of the bad boy anti-beatles.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 11, 2012 07:16

GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
treaclefingers

the stones are a creation, are they not? from the mold of the Oldham machine.... in the form of the bad boy anti-beatles.

So now ALO formed the Stones, did he? How else can we rewrite history? Taught them to play their instruments as well, I suppose. And he was there at Dartford Train Station when Mick and Keith met up--he loaned them the blues records he was carrying and inspired them on their musical path....

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 11, 2012 07:22

dcba
Chris Fountain
I don't think the Stones need any guest musicians at their concert other than Mick Taylor & Bill Wyman. I think the Stones concert should be in its purest form. I'm not against different musicians playing together but only at award shows or benefit concerts such as Hurrricane Sandy this Wednesday night.

Well said! Everyone hailed the band for stripping down for the London show and now they bring the already has-been Gaga girl to the PPV...?

Methinks it irrates the Stones fandom and it will irk the Gaga fandom ("these old farts with our goddess???")

It's a lose-lose deal.
With respect imagine the 40+ Dads with their 9-12 yr old daughters, sitting down saying "My Daughter come here and watch your favourite artist with your Dad and Mum/New Wife/Girlfriend's Favourite band. Gaga & The Stones, they just embraced the Teen + market long lost to them, unless your Dad/Ma was a fan

Perfect timing in my opinion, plus Gaga has worked with E Street royalty in Clarence, she's schooled in this shit people

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 07:27 by SKILLS.

Date: December 11, 2012 07:23

GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
treaclefingers

Absolutely.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 11, 2012 07:28

JumpinJackOLantern
GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
Max'sKansasCity
memphiscats
treaclefingers

Absolutely.

Even if I hated her, which I don't I would still look forward to what is going to happen. The element of surprise, it will be very interesting. For instance Florence a week or so ago was a revelation...just great. Maybe Gaga will surprise like that. If it fails and I hope it doesn't, it will still be entertaining.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 11, 2012 09:27

Egg Egg. Oh, I get it. Hi-La-Ri-Ous.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 11, 2012 11:21

Justin
GumbootCloggeroo
But they didn't strip down all that much. They had everyone they usually have on stage, except Blondie and a horn or two. Big deal.

Perhaps so but it effected the Stones' playing and has tightened Keith especially...finally bringing back his attention to the guitar. No denying that.

Yeah, it's absolutely a guitar based show now which it wasn't in 2007.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 11, 2012 11:37

.....maybe she should do Jump on Top Of Me with Micko...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 11, 2012 12:09

Lady Gaga serenades newlyweds with Stones ‘Gimme Shelter’ in London pub

[www.examiner.com]

i think there was a thread about this a couple years ago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 12:10 by superrevvy.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: December 11, 2012 14:16

I have an idea. Lady EGGNOG should play lead on CYHMK. Bring on Nikki Minaj for Sway. For the Grand Finale...how about PSY!

Who is that guy, Mick Taylor???? Bill who?

Where's my Maalox..............

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 14:19 by bigfrankie.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: December 11, 2012 14:30

What Lady G is saying:-

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: December 11, 2012 18:06

Lady EGGNOG. Oh my god. It just gets funnier.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 11, 2012 18:06

24FPS

Definitely seasonal hazing going on around here.

Date: December 11, 2012 19:00

24FPS
The official pronunciation is Leg Nog. smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 11, 2012 19:30

Lady gaga will sing @#$%& Blues !!!! and ofcourse @#$%& !!
jeroen

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 11, 2012 19:42

She is Italian, that is positive in my book cool smiley

I need a cannoli now.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 11, 2012 19:54

or she will sing
Going down slow.............also nice for Mick
jeroen

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 11, 2012 19:57

What if she shares the microphone with Jagger on 'Star Star' ??
Huh, what if ??

That's the only viable option here, in my humble opinion, and it would be @#$%& great fun!

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:03

Lady Jayne
What Lady G is saying:-

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

"Gothic bride meets military", that's good. Bring on the PPV, this is gonna be something.

Date: December 11, 2012 20:26

Who knows? Christina Aguilera far outshone Jack White on Shine A Light, and who could have predicted that? Lady Gaga might be interesting. God knows the Stones could use something new. And I would expect Bruce to be on his game, being on stage with maybe the only band on earth that could intimidate him. I'm not expecting much from the Black Keys, so I can only be pleasantly surprised. I know there's only two of them, but someone else did bring up the interesting point that another drummer will be on stage with Charlie, possibly. I don't see how that would work, but once again, who the f knows?

I hate the close minded title of this thread. No one is even looking at the positive side; the Stones are so big, and so respected, that Lady Gaga and Bruce Springsteen are willing to be guests on their Pay Per View, let alone the Black Keys, who are popular in their own right.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 11, 2012 20:40

24FPS
No one is even looking at the positive side; the Stones are so big, and so respected, that Lady Gaga and Bruce Springsteen are willing to be guests on their Pay Per View, let alone the Black Keys, who are popular in their own right.
Or, to take a gander at the negative side (and perhaps the practical side): The Stones are not as popular as they once were and them alone would not be enough to warrant a PPV special this day and age and therefore two modern acts (and an older one to satisfy the older generation) were needed to put this thing together.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home