Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Announcement Coming Today About PPV (GAGA, Bruce & Black Keys)
Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:26

WHO IN THE FUK ARE THE BLACK KEY'S? I am guessing they are not a group of white folks.

I guess the intent is to seem avant-garde and socially advanced to drag these malcontents and washed up coal minners in to ruin the show.

Great $1K to see Springsteen\Old version of Weinhouse and a bunch of Colored people.

Might stay home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 23:20 by GADAWG.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:12

There is no guarantee that she will be doing Gimme Shelter; but, after Brooklyn's show, I'd MUCH rather have Lady Gaga on Gimme Shelter than Mary J. Mary can hit the notes, Mary fits the part, but Mary didn't know when to shut up. She sang over Keith and Ronnie's guitar parts -- that ruined the song for me. Florence was very good, but I'd prefer GS to be done by a soulful R&B singer. Florence did very well, but she didn't fit the part, so the song sounded different. Gaga could do the same thing because Gaga doesn't fit the part, but she could certainly give an excellent show/ rendition for GS. Jagger is not an idiot, and he wouldn't pick Gaga if she couldn't handle it. Plus, he obviously wants to give it a shot, and it could energize him and the band if it works well. I think it's going to fun and an excellent on stage performance, and i'm looking forward to it. I really don't want to hear Mary J. butcher GS again, that was awful in Brooklyn.

But, none of this matters (to me) as long as Mick Taylor is there. If MT is not there, then this is no where near the same level as the O2 shows and fans who paid the same prices for US should be let down. Like I've said before, the concert ILL BE GREAT (I HAVE NO DOUBT), but as fans, we want to see MT or Wyman.
Gaga will (hopefully) only be doing one song, and she is crazy, so is Mick Jagger. This could be a epic performance.
If MT is there, I do not care about any of this... b/c I'll be there to see him.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:16

I'd still like to see it but I don't think virgin media are showing it.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:21

THISIS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:28

BustedButton
There is no guarantee that she will be doing Gimme Shelter; but, after Brooklyn's show, I'd MUCH rather have Lady Gaga on Gimme Shelter than Mary J. Mary can hit the notes, Mary fits the part, but Mary didn't know when to shut up. She sang over Keith and Ronnie's guitar parts -- that ruined the song for me. Florence was very good, but I'd prefer GS to be done by a soulful R&B singer. Florence did very well, but she didn't fit the part, so the song sounded different. Gaga could do the same thing because Gaga doesn't fit the part, but she could certainly give an excellent show/ rendition for GS. Jagger is not an idiot, and he wouldn't pick Gaga if she couldn't handle it. Plus, he obviously wants to give it a shot, and it could energize him and the band if it works well. I think it's going to fun and an excellent on stage performance, and i'm looking forward to it. I really don't want to hear Mary J. butcher GS again, that was awful in Brooklyn.

But, none of this matters (to me) as long as Mick Taylor is there. If MT is not there, then this is no where near the same level as the O2 shows and fans who paid the same prices for US should be let down. Like I've said before, the concert ILL BE GREAT (I HAVE NO DOUBT), but as fans, we want to see MT or Wyman.
Gaga will (hopefully) only be doing one song, and she is crazy, so is Mick Jagger. This could be a epic performance.
If MT is there, I do not care about any of this... b/c I'll be there to see him.

I totally agree with you. Lady Gaga can only be better than Mary J. B. I think it will be interesting to see her with Mick. It will be for sure very sexual. And I hope it will be on Gimme Shelter.

And YES, we paid a lot of money, all real fans WANT at least Mick Taylor on CYHMK or MR. I'm checking the official website every hour... To be a perfect show, we want Mick Taylor!

Benjamin.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:30

Love Love Love it!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce playing here in Jersey with the Stones....... Brilliant

Lady Gaga will bring great theater.

Its going to be an amazing night

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:36

Black Keys? That makes The Powergoats only one step away from The Stones - WOO HOOOO!!!!

>grinning smiley<
hot smiley

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:37

This was clearly done to boost the PPV crowd, and Gaga, Bruce and even the Black Keys (at least in US) are definitely bigger draws than previous guests Bilge, Clark, Flo from Machine and Jeff Beck for the average run-of-the mill music fan who might be considering paying $50 or whatever... fans of Wyman and Taylor will be tuning in regardless - and REALLY hoping that they are there as in London.

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:56

GADAWG
WHO IN THE FUK ARE THE BLACK KEY'S? I am guessing they are not a group of white folks.

I'm shocked at how many people don't know this group. They are white guys who play garage-rock and swampy blues. If Jack freakin' White shared the stage for "Shine A Light", then The Key's Dan Auerbach can definitely pull it off. Unlike Jack White, Auerbach can actually sing. The guy's got some lungs on him and I haven't the slightest doubt he can belt out any number of The Stone's more sleazy numbers with as much force as Jagger. He can't dance, but he definitely can sing.

And The Black Keys aren't a new band. They've been around since 2001. You should check out their earlier albums "The Big Come Up" (2001), Thickfreakness (2002), or "Rubber Factory" (2004). These guys sound like they ate The White Stripes for breakfast and shat 'em out by noon. Their newer LPs are a little more mainstream sounding, but they still rock live.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 11, 2012 01:02

Laughingsam
GADAWG

I'm shocked at how many people don't know this group. They are white guys who play garage-rock and swampy blues. If Jack freakin' White shared the stage for "Shine A Light", then The Key's Dan Auerbach can definitely pull it off. Unlike Jack White, Auerbach can actually sing. The guy's got some lungs on him and I haven't the slightest doubt he can belt out any number of The Stone's more sleazy numbers with as much force as Jagger. He can't dance, but he definitely can sing.

And The Black Keys aren't a new band. They've been around since 2001. You should check out their earlier albums "The Big Come Up" (2001), Thickfreakness (2002), or "Rubber Factory" (2004). These guys sound like they ate The White Stripes for breakfast and shat 'em out by noon. Their newer LPs are a little more mainstream sounding, but they still rock live.

Excellent write up Sam but I think you're barking at flying birds...

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 11, 2012 01:17

Laughingsam
GADAWG

Right, I am paying $1,000 to see the only semblance of music that I hold dear to my memory. Dying to see a 50 year old Rock and Roll band one more time and a neophyte from 2001 is robing me of their time.

Send them to the benefit thing, but please not the Stones stage!!!!

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 11, 2012 01:29

Bruce on Loving Cup if they can pull that one together quickly.

Gaga on Tumbling Dice. (Linda Rondstadt did it in the past.)

Lisa on Gimme Shelter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 01:30 by riverrat.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 11, 2012 01:30

If Bruce is playing with the E street band,he will blow The Stones off the stage,if he is just a guest on a couple of numbers,then it will be okay,and The Black Keys, great band also,still l will wait till a few hours after the show and get it free on line,those that are paying enjoy it...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 11, 2012 01:33

Braincapers
I'd still like to see it but I don't think virgin media are showing it.

I thought they were? Anyway, I'm watching via Yahoo on my PC, it's cheaper than the TV. Don't care about possible live streaming problems cos I'm not sitting up in the middle of the night for it. You can watch it an unlimited number of times for 30 days so that's what I'll do.

Date: December 11, 2012 01:56

Gaga reference to Mick in 2010
[www.gigwise.com];

Date: December 11, 2012 02:00

GADAWG
Right, I am paying $1,000 to see the only semblance of music that I hold dear to my memory. Dying to see a 50 year old Rock and Roll band one more time and a neophyte from 2001 is robing me of their time.

Send them to the benefit thing, but please not the Stones stage!!!!

The Stones are going to have guests no matter what. Would you rather Sheryl Crowe or someone like that "rob you of your time"? I'd personally rather no guests at all, besides Wyman and Taylor. But if you have to have guests, you can do a lot worse than The Black Keys.

I hope you enjoy the show for $1,000. Afterwards, honestly ask yourself if Dan Auerbach's duet with Jagger --whatever they decide to sing -- is a waste of your time. I guarantee it's better than whatever Mary J. Blige or Lady Ga Ga or even Springsteen sing.

Neophyte is the wrong word to use when referring to a group who 10 years ago was the first white band to sign to the strictly blues Fat Possum Records, then went on to sell nearly 3 million records, relased 7 total Lps and collected 3 Grammy Awards in 2011.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 02:12 by Laughingsam.

Date: December 11, 2012 02:07

Bruce The Last Time
sounds good

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 11, 2012 02:19

The setlist for the PPV has leaked! And its full of surprises and wonderful things!

Get Off Of My Cloud

I Wanna Be Your Man

The Last Time (with Bruce Springsteen)

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga)

Wild Horses

Going Down (with the Black Keys)

All Down The Line

Miss You

One More Shot

Doom And Gloom

It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (But I Like It)

Honky Tonk Women

Before They Make Me Run

Happy

Midnight Rambler

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Sympathy For The Devil

Brown Sugar

ENCORE

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Jumpin' Jack Flash

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

( "Ever get the feeling you've been...?" )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 02:22 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 11, 2012 02:28

GADAWG

Right, I am paying $1,000 to see the only semblance of music that I hold dear to my memory.

But think of all the money you're saving by not having the BCS championship game to attend !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 02:31 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 11, 2012 02:41

I wonder what song Bruce will play on? He's not exactly a bluesman so I don't see it being the Blues number.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 02:54

Probably Satisfaction. He did that with Jagger at the R and R Hall of Fame.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:03

superrevvy
The setlist for the PPV has leaked! And its full of surprises and wonderful things!

Get Off Of My Cloud

I Wanna Be Your Man

The Last Time (with Bruce Springsteen)

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter (with Lisa)

Wild Horses (with Lady Gaga)

Going Down (with the Black Keys)

All Down The Line

Miss You

One More Shot

Doom And Gloom

It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (But I Like It)

Honky Tonk Women

Before They Make Me Run

Happy

Midnight Rambler

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Sympathy For The Devil

Brown Sugar

ENCORE

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Jumpin' Jack Flash

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

( "Ever get the feeling you've been...?" )

Made some adjustments................

Posted by: MainStreetExile ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:07

All I know about Ga Ga is that she does good things and likes to wear meat (and Elton loves her and hates Madonna, go Reg), what she could do with the Stones, and this goes for Bruce and the Black Keys and whoever the guys invite to join in, is something I'd like to see and hear. They may hit, they may miss, but it's interesting, and I like to see people collaborate, especially when it challenges what people seem to think is the natural order of things -- never seen so many closed minds and ears. What a drag it is getting old.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:15

Black Keys...epic...the best band out there today...infectious garage rock...outstanding choice...Bruce...I dunno...whatever...GaGa...could be great or a huge flop...but it's going to sell PPV tickets...good for them....thinking a little out of the box...

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:18

I though Dan Auerbach used to coah the Boston Celtics.......?

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:18

GumbootCloggeroo
Do you guys not have an open mind? Geez. When they announced that Florence Welch was going to sing with the Stones, I'm sure a lot of you reacted with "Who? I don't know who that is. It's going to suck!". At least wait until AFTER the performance before you shit all over it. Who knows, you may actually enjoy it. I know I will. I'd rather them do interesting collaborations than seeing them perform Brown Sugar for the billionth time. Also, some of these songs they have been performing for decades. When it's been that long, as a performer, they tend to get stale and they just phone it in. But when there's a guest along for the ride, it's something totally new and exciting for THEM and therefore for us, too. Hopefully. If you have an open mind, that is.

Lol, I hear ya GC. You should know by now that some people on here will complain about anything. Now, with that in mind, I don't believe that all of these so called complainers truly mean what they say, they just want to stir the pot in some way or they perhaps hope their post will stand out more importanly then others. Once you weed thru the nonsense, most all of us here are still huge Rolling Stones fans.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:31

I am considering not ordering it now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 03:32 by melillo.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:39

welll bruce will be there so its a must oreder, i will just mute the tv when lady good for nothing comes on stage

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:58

eggegg ACK ACK... ACK ACK!!

Date: December 11, 2012 04:03

bigfrankie
I though Dan Auerbach used to coah the Boston Celtics.......?

That's Red Auerbach...best coach in NBA history

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home