Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677Next
Current Page: 76 of 77
Re: Seriously???????
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 28, 2018 18:54

FYI, use multiple browsers and first one to go through waiting room is one to use

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 28, 2018 18:55

almost an hour of waiting and it looks like i'm just 3/4 through....

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 19:03

You'll notice how few sections there are to buy from, that's why it's not a good idea to buy tickets in a presale.

Wait until they release the entire venue. Right now they're trying to move VIP tickets and medium-tier seats.

No satisfaction
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 28, 2018 18:31

What an aggravating process to get tickets!

Makes one long for the good/bad old days of mailing in your order or standing in line all night (with a bottle of wine).

Hope to see ya at the show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 18:33 by Elmo Lewis.

Old and in the way
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 2, 2019 04:13

Are you guys still.going to see them? Amazing..I had pit tix fo DC, but couldn't force myself to go. After seeing the vids from Chicago, pretty obvious I made the right decision. I'll just stay home and watch "Gimme Shelter"..that's the band I want to remember..but, have fun!

Re: Old and in the way
Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: July 2, 2019 04:17

Enjoy the movie.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: rara ()
Date: July 2, 2019 04:17

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 11:07 by rara.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: July 2, 2019 04:55

enjoy your loneliness. Have your mommy make some mac and cheese for ya

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 2, 2019 05:12

My mom is dead..so no mac and cheese here @#$%&.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 2, 2019 05:18

Yep.

Fortunately for me you not buying a ticket has no outcome on me getting a ticket or enjoying the show.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 2, 2019 05:55

stone-relics
Are you guys still.going to see them? Amazing..I had pit tix fo DC, but couldn't force myself to go. After seeing the vids from Chicago, pretty obvious I made the right decision. I'll just stay home and watch "Gimme Shelter"..that's the band I want to remember..but, have fun!

You should ALWAYS make a decision about seeing a live band based off some shitty YouTube vids. grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 2, 2019 07:54

stone-relics

I just do not get it. One and a half year ago you stated the very same, see below. Yet as they enter Washington D.C. with a show some say is the best in many years, you have lucky dip in your hands, and you don't want to go. Fair enough, but to be honest, does it make sense to broadcast again and again that you no longer do NOT want to see this band live? I assume you miss the old days, but they are not coming back. Bread and butter and gaz and everything is more expensive, we are older, the band is older, but complaining doesn't make life better really.

-----

Quit falling for their bullshit! The Stones NOW SUCK!
Posted by: stone-relics
Date: September 11, 2017 19:49

If anyone hasn't noticed...the stones suck...quit telling LIES!

JR

-----

Bjornulf

Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 2, 2019 13:42

IMHO The Stones are better in 2019 than in 2015 US Tour . I base that on Keith's hands and fingers as I hear his playing on the fretboard as he is leading the Stones on stage and it is so righteous !

Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 2, 2019 14:14

virgil
Here's a little perspective on the horrendous ticket scam Ticketmaster and the Rolling Stones collectively have played on the adoring public.

If you pull up TM right now for the Foxboro show there are plenty of tickets available both face value and verified resale ( which is legalized scalping)
Anyway:face value section 105 row 7 seats 1&2 $319.00 plus fees.
Face Value also section 105 row 9 seats 9&10 $525.00 plus fees.

How is this possible? A ticket 2 rows higher cost $200.00 more. If you just scroll around you will see all these inconsistencies. One section further from the stage you can pay $650.00 for certain seats because they call it a Gimme Shelter package I call it gimme all kinds of shit then shove a hot poker in my ass.
Three sections closer to the stage lower level most of the face Value seats are $394.00 with some of the 10 different FU packages sprinkled in for 2 too 3 hundred more. I'm still going because I love the music but I will get in a lot cheaper than these super greedy prices for a f***ing stadium no less,I always do.

Update on the scam tickets: Foxboro 8:30 am EST Ticketmaster face value price section 129 row 29 seat 4 $244.50 plus fees . Face value Section 129 row 28 seat 4 $394.50 plus fees. So the person directly in front of you pays $150 bucks more or vice verser.
Disgusting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-02 14:17 by virgil.

OT: About Stadiums...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 1, 2019 23:51

It's not much of an experience, is it? Standing (sitting) 200 yards away from the stage looking at the large video screens to catch a glimpse of what is happening on stage.
With the sound bouncing back and forth across the stadium. Makes you think of the $200 you just spent for being this far away from the center of attention, doesn't it?

Re: OT: About Stadiums...
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 1, 2019 23:56

I'd rather be in an arena, but they never listen to me.

Date: July 2, 2019 00:00

Me too, Bloomer. Or in one of those pits maybe...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 2, 2019 00:03

Agreed. Stadiums are probably the worst place to experience a concert.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 2, 2019 00:17

I'd rather be on the stage
but they say I sing a little too loud ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2019 00:20

The sound in a stadium is surprisingly good these days (at least it was at Chicago #2 from our seats), and with all the pyro, effects, and giant screens it becomes more than just a live musical experience.
That said, theaters and arenas are far superior in most cases musically speaking, and these days will only tolerate being in a stadium for the Stones - mainly because there's no other choice.
The last stadium show I saw was the Stones 2015 in San Diego, and prior to that McCartney at Dodger stadium back in 2014.
As for being in the Pit in a stadium, been there done that and prefer a nice seat in the lower sections about 1/3-1/2 back from the stage - you can see the band and/or the giant screens taking in the whole spectacle.
Looking forward to three more massive stadium extravaganzas w/the Stones, and probably won't be back in a stadium anytime soon after that....unless the Stones come back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-02 00:22 by Hairball.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 2, 2019 00:26

Rockman
I'd rather be on the stage
but they say I sing a little too loud ……

Will you be selling Drumcondra Posters at the concert (with Tongue in Bay) if they let you on stage? smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 2, 2019 00:27

There is nothing like a Rolling Stones' stadium show.
How can you deny 60,000+ people smiling and singing and dancing outdoors on a hot summer night?

Its magical.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 2, 2019 00:35

For this leg of the stadium tour, the most ideal place to be is the seats in front or directly to the side(s) of the "b-stage" imo.

Up close to the action several times, including their acoustic set.
Able to see everyone on stage and the sound there is optimum. If like me, you just gotta stand at a show, the back corner of the pit where it meets the catwalk is definitely the sweet spot. Able to see the b-stage, also the screens and everyone on stage, lower catwalk etc., all things you lose if you grab the front rail.

Date: July 2, 2019 00:36

Sure, Kurt. I don't mind that. People can dance and sing as much as they want. I was thinking more in line of consumer value or "bang for the buck"...

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 2, 2019 00:50

To me Stadiums are much better than "sheds". At least in Stadiums you get a seat, the sound is better, and their our more facilities, and beer options. Arena's are less of an experience to me. Smaller the venue the high the ticket prices and lesser chance of getting face value tickets.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 2, 2019 01:38

First time I saw the Stones was in a stadium (Rotterdam, 1982). I actually was all the way in the back and barely saw them, but what an experience for a 17 year old!

Vividly remember the guy sitting in front of us smoking joints saying “those are the @#$%& Rolling Stones!”

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 2, 2019 03:30

Stoneage
It's not much of an experience, is it? Standing (sitting) 200 yards away from the stage looking at the large video screens to catch a glimpse of what is happening on stage.
With the sound bouncing back and forth across the stadium. Makes you think of the $200 you just spent for being this far away from the center of attention, doesn't it?

Your assumption is random. Did you pay $15 for the album?

Go see the Stones...or especially U2... in a stadium.

It's AWESOME.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 2, 2019 05:12

The rush... the tunes... the travel... The Stones!

It really doesn't get bigger or better than The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 2, 2019 05:56

Once I can hear the band I’m happy. I don’t need to look up their boses.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: July 2, 2019 09:08

Open stadiums are the bomb - especially if there is good weather. Some of my favorite shows have been outdoors -- Philly, Foxboro, and recently Chicago #1. Saw them at Reliant in Houston, and the sound was atrocious, GA dome not much better.

Outdoors, the sound doesn't ping around the concrete and roof as much.

Never had the pleasure of a theatre, but No Security Tour DC #2 was best show ever.

T@3

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677Next
Current Page: 76 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2085
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home