Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 77
Re: Way too Much Negativity
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:45

Better than ever? Some people´s intelligence is up there...dancing with Keith´s SFTD-solos...like a five year old...who doesn´t know what reality is...how to tell good from bad...Sad, really...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 14, 2017 13:20

Rocky Dijon
It's everywhere and it brings me down at times, but basically everyone needs to just acknowledge they "Gotta Get a Grip."

Rocky, that song brings me down!

Date: September 14, 2017 13:21

Bjorn
Better than ever? Some people´s intelligence is up there...dancing with Keith´s SFTD-solos...like a five year old...who doesn´t know what reality is...how to tell good from bad...Sad, really...

Please point me to the «better than ever»-comments.

And please explain what makes you more competent than me, or anyone else on this board, when it comes to guitar playing.

And do not hesitate explaining to me what was wrong with Play With Fire in Hamburg.

Am I a 5 year old for enjoying my favourite band in concert?

Looks like you've been here too long, Bjørn. Time to find something else to do, if you don't like the Stones anymore? What's the point?

It's your tenth post or so the last few days, where you do nothing but bashing the Stones - without any explanation.

No one have replied you, so I felt I had to. It's not cool being neglected.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 13:59

Some people tell us that in 72/73 they are only beginners but now they really professional!

Date: September 14, 2017 14:01

ouroux58
Some people tell us that in 72/73 they are only beginners but now they really professional!

The accuracy of that statement is on par with Donald Trump's communication on a bad day.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:08

SomeTorontoGirl
Ten years ago, I thought I had been to their last gig. They're still doing their thing and I still want to be there. Much gratitude. Let it rock!

Couldn't have put it better, thank you!!!

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:13

DandelionPowderman
ouroux58

The accuracy of that statement is on par with Donald Trump's communication on a bad day.

I'm sorry to hear you're unrecoverable!

Date: September 14, 2017 14:18

ouroux58
DandelionPowderman
ouroux58

I'm sorry to hear you're unrecoverable!

Don't know why you confuse enjoying a 2017-show with a comparison to a 72/73-show, as no one did that..

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:43

I feel many of us are less negative and more forgiving as we get older. Young people can be very critical.
So maybe the negative comments just bother us more.
I agree with the original poster. Also think it's OK to make observations about their playing, etc., but the angry tone of some is a bit much. They are putting on a good show in spite of their age limitations and all of that, so why get mad at them.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 14, 2017 14:49

DandelionPowderman

Don't know why you confuse enjoying a 2017-show with a comparison to a 72/73-show, as no one did that..

Hey, Dandee, mate. A personal note, from an online friend.
Don't respond to everything. All that counts to many of us, is that you and your friends
had a great time at the show. That is encouraging for us who are still looking forward
to having that experience.
Having a great time, that's what these shows are given for.
Not for recording videos on cellphones. Not for uploading poorly recorded songs on the internet.
Not for writing acid reviews of these videos on the internet. But only for the fun
of those who came looking for a night without any worries.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: September 14, 2017 15:00

marcovandereijk
DandelionPowderman

Don't respond to everything. All that counts to many of us, is that you and your friends
had a great time at the show. That is encouraging for us who are still looking forward
Not for recording videos on cellphones. Not for uploading poorly recorded songs on the internet.
Not for writing acid reviews of these videos on the internet. But only for the fun

I could use some of your patience and understanding, mate smileys with beer

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: September 14, 2017 15:10

Bjorn

If you think Hamburg was a bad show I don't know what to tell you.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 14, 2017 15:18

DandelionPowderman
marcovandereijk
DandelionPowderman

Don't let them drag you down to their level. Its jealousy at the end of the day.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:03

thecitadel
if you want perfection every time go and see a classical orchestra. No slips, no excitement, no tension - it ain't the Stones.

Alwyn

Well, ahem, if THIS doesn't raise the hairs on the back of your neck, I'm not sure what will ...

[www.youtube.com]

There are NUMEROUS mistakes on that record ... and many people think it is the most exciting performance ever of a piece that has been beloved for nearly 200 years now.

Will "Jumping Jack Flash" still speak to people in a similar way in 2150? As Mr Marley once said "time alone, time will tell" ...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:35

DandelionPowderman
marcovandereijk
DandelionPowderman

It's not easy, but if you try some time ... you would feel much better. Really, believe me smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:39

geordiestone
claremont29
Having the read the reviews and the threads concerning the Stones tour, I am at a loss for words to explain all the negative comments from the Stones look old, keith playing is off, Mick is confused, Charlie is tired on the end, etc. etc. etc..

Well the reality is the Stones members are old. They are all in their 70's. Since they don't play together most of the year, it should be expected that are "rusty" and out of sync just starting a tour. I saw them back in 2012 in their first appearance in Brooklyn NY to kick off that tour and they were not that good. But they improved as the tour went forward and I am expecting that will happen as this tour matures.

I am 66 and still a runner since high school. However, it takes me a little bit longer to warm up and get into a 3 mile run. The Stones need more time to play together to improve their synergy. They changed their order of and added new songs to the play list which they have not preformed in many many years.
I would be thrilled to see the Stones again. What a rock n roll musical journey from the greatest rock band of all time. Enjoy ever moment while we can.
Totally agree and it's pretty much what I said on a previous thread that was ignored as per usual. The Stones are on the road, be happy!

+1

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:51

For some reason I was already expecting to read some negative comments, so that's why I posted this absolutely lovely pic of some IORRians that were in Munich on the live concert thread (with many thanks to our own zgubi for allowing me to do so). Go and enjoy this band while you can, folks!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:53

Whoa Long Beach brings out the Big Guns. Am I impressed? Yes. Will I got back to that link? Yes. Am I looking for Electric Light Orchestra for Roll Over Beethoven? Yes.

Posted by: cool43 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 17:45

As a new member, this is my second post here this week and i must say it's realy not easy to take part of the discussion.

I think negative or positive reviews are normal when you go to a live concert.

I understand that some pay half of my salary to see and hear the Stones and in a way maybe that's normal they expect the best at the first opening show.

I don't want to make any lesson but let just have in mind that on each tour, the opening act has always been not so good or not so bad but never at the top.
We all know that and that's why i don't understand the negative comments.

An let have in mind that the next shows are still with errors or mistakes since the first time the Stones put their feet on stage.
I'm sorry but that's the true.

AND THAT'S WHY I LOVE THE STONES SO MUCH.

But as i wrote to my first post in the "Munich thread" i regret the slower tempo on some songs.
Dusseldorf 2014 was only 3 years ago and i can hear the difference. If you can't admit it, that's your choice.
I make it listen both version of JJF to a 26 years old boy who is my husband and not professional into music but he could hear the difference and he said oh why the tempo is slow, it seems the the singer wait for the next note.

It does not come from a Stones fan who was in the audience in 2014.

So maybe we must think of it...

For my concern and as i wrote already, i don't care, i just regret it!

Finaly, i have always enjoyed a Stones concert and i'm hurry to be in Barcelona. i'm sure there will be some emotions that will make my eyes cry again as usual.

If theere are negative feedback about the band, my major negative comment goes to the audience.
Wherever you are in the stadium, if you sing, clap your hands, dance and move, you don't have time to hear the mistakes that one or another can do.
The audience is very different than in 1990. Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, Wembley, there were all excited and not even at the front stage.
So 50% of a concert is THE BAND and the other 50% is THE AUDIENCE.

That's why i choosed to be in Barcelona in "lucky dip mode" in the hope that the latino will be hoter than the north and for me, if i'm not boring because the people around me are not like statues and busy with smartphones and so on, so my joy is complete, the concert is a success and it will be recorded in my mind until i die.

The band need a moving audience, once it's recorded with their camera's for future bly ray's and so on that will be view by the entire planet, i think they would be happy and maybe that's why we have a Cuba concert on bluray dvd and not European or american concert with seats in front stage. That's not so rock'n'roll.

Thank you all and enjoy the rest of the tour. Maybe see you too in Barcelona...

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 18:07

I for on have bad day's, do you?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 14, 2017 18:15

@cool43 The tempo is always slower when they play songs in the second half, just compare JJF from Vienna or Berlin 2014 with Dusseldorf 2014..

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 18:16

TRouble is too many people want the Stones to remain frozen in whatever era is someone's favorite...1969, 1972, 1978, 1981, 1989, etc. And from a distance the Stones sort of succeed at creating that illusion.But the Stones are old now. They were influenced by their blues heroes, many of whom did play till they dropped...and they didn't all look that great.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 14, 2017 18:23

It is not "negativity" if someone says that he is not impressed by a concertor a video he saw. It is an expression of an opinion.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 18:35

"The tempo is always slower when they play songs in the second half, just compare JJF from Vienna or Berlin 2014 with Dusseldorf 2014..."

Good observation, StonedRambler. Personally, I never thought, never felt that the speed of a song is the main factor which makes it more or less rocking. Especially JJF, that always moves me. One of my most favorite versions was the "R n R Circus" version. And it was slow...

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 14, 2017 18:55

what i heard a few days ago at the live stream was great smiling smiley
each show better as the one before btw tongue sticking out smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: September 14, 2017 19:26

We are so lucky having all these insightful people to offer critical analysis. The seem so much smarter and more musical than the rest of us....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 14, 2017 19:45

HonkeyTonkFlash
TRouble is too many people want the Stones to remain frozen in whatever era is someone's favorite...1969, 1972, 1978, 1981, 1989, etc. And from a distance the Stones sort of succeed at creating that illusion.But the Stones are old now. They were influenced by their blues heroes, many of whom did play till they dropped...and they didn't all look that great.

True enough, yet as far as I know none of those blues heroes charged the highest prices on the planet in order to see them in their waning years.
I saw Willie Dixon in a small club in west L.A. in the mid '80's...me and about 30 other people, and if memory serves it was a $5.00 cover charge to get in the club. On top of that, his backing band included Spencer Davis and members of Los Lobos. I also saw Chuck Berry around that time at the Santa Monica Civic, and the prices were probably average for that time...maybe $10 or $15.00. Not saying the Stones should charge less - well maybe I am... winking smiley ...but because of those outrageous prices it can leave a bitter feeling especially when they just aren't delivering a show that was at one time the highest standard on the planet. Those big screens and the crew must be expensive, but I'd rather pay $100 max without all of that and see them in a small theater or club.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 19:54

Hairball
HonkeyTonkFlash

True enough, yet as far as I know none of those blues heroes charged the highest prices on the planet in order to see them in their waning years.
I saw Willie Dixon in a small club in west L.A. in the mid '80's...me and about 30 other people, and if memory serves it was a $5.00 cover charge to get in the club. On top of that, his backing band included Spencer Davis and members of Los Lobos. I also saw Chuck Berry around that time at the Santa Monica Civic, and the prices were probably average for that time...maybe $10 or $15.00. Not saying the Stones should charge less - well maybe I am... winking smiley ...but because of those outrageous prices it can leave a bitter feeling especially when they just aren't delivering a show that was at one time the highest standard on the planet. Those big screens and the crew must be expensive, but I'd rather pay $100 max without all of that and see them in a small theater or club.

Agree that they charge way too much. I'm sure they're not hurting for money.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 14, 2017 23:18

Aquamarine
SomeTorontoGirl
Ten years ago, I thought I had been to their last gig. They're still doing their thing and I still want to be there. Much gratitude. Let it rock!

There you go. All that needs to be said.

Yeah...no. I think Rockeee gets the blue ribbon on this thread. Again. grinning smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 14, 2017 23:19

Rolling Hansie
SomeTorontoGirl

Love you

Back at ya sweetie! Hope I'll see you and your lovely bride in 'Dam.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home