Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 13, 2017 21:01

Ok about the sound, Keiths and Ronnies guitars, what do you think? I dont care for Keiths too clean E335 but Ronnie sounds more raunchy right?

Date: September 13, 2017 21:36

Keith's 6 string Tele sounded fantastic during Mr D in Hamburg.

The juniors are a bit too trebly.

Apparently, Ronnie had cleaner sound in Hamburg. His Les Paul-sound is awesome.

Date: September 13, 2017 21:39

DandelionPowderman
Keith's 6 string Tele sounded fantastic during Mr D in Hamburg.

The juniors are a bit too trebly.

Apparently, Ronnie had cleaner sound in Hamburg. His Les Paul-sound is awesome.

Agree, will check out Mr D (very cool choice btw)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 12:26 by Redhotcarpet.

Way too Much Negativity
Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 04:42

Having the read the reviews and the threads concerning the Stones tour, I am at a loss for words to explain all the negative comments from the Stones look old, keith playing is off, Mick is confused, Charlie is tired on the end, etc. etc. etc..

Well the reality is the Stones members are old. They are all in their 70's. Since they don't play together most of the year, it should be expected that are "rusty" and out of sync just starting a tour. I saw them back in 2012 in their first appearance in Brooklyn NY to kick off that tour and they were not that good. But they improved as the tour went forward and I am expecting that will happen as this tour matures.

I am 66 and still a runner since high school. However, it takes me a little bit longer to warm up and get into a 3 mile run. The Stones need more time to play together to improve their synergy. They changed their order of and added new songs to the play list which they have not preformed in many many years.
I would be thrilled to see the Stones again. What a rock n roll musical journey from the greatest rock band of all time. Enjoy ever moment while we can.

Re: Way too Much Negativity
Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: September 14, 2017 04:46

claremont29
Having the read the reviews and the threads concerning the Stones tour, I am at a loss for words to explain all the negative comments from the Stones look old, keith playing is off, Mick is confused, Charlie is tired on the end, etc. etc. etc..

Well the reality is the Stones members are old. They are all in their 70's. Since they don't play together most of the year, it should be expected that are "rusty" and out of sync just starting a tour. I saw them back in 2012 in their first appearance in Brooklyn NY to kick off that tour and they were not that good. But they improved as the tour went forward and I am expecting that will happen as this tour matures.

I am 66 and still a runner since high school. However, it takes me a little bit longer to warm up and get into a 3 mile run. The Stones need more time to play together to improve their synergy. They changed their order of and added new songs to the play list which they have not preformed in many many years.
I would be thrilled to see the Stones again. What a rock n roll musical journey from the greatest rock band of all time. Enjoy ever moment while we can.
Totally agree and it's pretty much what I said on a previous thread that was ignored as per usual. The Stones are on the road, be happy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 04:50 by geordiestone.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 14, 2017 05:19

It's everywhere and it brings me down at times, but basically everyone needs to just acknowledge they "Gotta Get a Grip."

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 14, 2017 06:12

claremont29
"I am 66 and still a runner since high school. However, it takes me a little bit longer to warm up and get into a 3 mile run. The Stones need more time to play together to improve their synergy."

I am a long time Stones fan who like many others on this site has invested a lot of time in the Stones (and contributing to their huge bank accounts LOL!) whether it be spending lots of many on tickets, travel, records, books, bootleg recordings, etc. Yes, the Stones do need more time to play together to improve their synergy, given their lay-offs in between touring. Given the shorter time spans of tours (14 dates on this one), I would expect that fans get their moneys worth for what they are paying for these days. If it is indeed true per reports of what I read on this site that the Stones put in a couple weeks of rehearsal, that is disappointing to me. Since some fans on this site are insinuating that the Stones look and play like old men, then it stands to reason that they should be spending even more time pre (and during) tour to tighten things up in order to put in a good show rather than phoning it in and playing it safe. By the time they reach their stride and "improve their synergy" this tour will be over....

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 14, 2017 06:15

Ten years ago, I thought I had been to their last gig. They're still doing their thing and I still want to be there. Much gratitude. Let it rock!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 14, 2017 06:20

I'm 66 and hard as a rock. Just sayin'

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 14, 2017 06:21

well the callous on my big toe is. goddam hurts to walk.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 07:08

hopkins

Your wife must be so happy.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 14, 2017 07:26

SomeTorontoGirl
Ten years ago, I thought I had been to their last gig. They're still doing their thing and I still want to be there. Much gratitude. Let it rock!

This sums it up for me to - nicely put!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 14, 2017 09:05

Saves buying a perch for your parrot I guess .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 14, 2017 09:26

SomeTorontoGirl

There you go. All that needs to be said.

Date: September 14, 2017 09:27

Several negative comments are made by people who haven't attended either of the No Filter shows and are judging from dodgy mobile phone footage. All I would say is do what you can to get to a gig on this tour, hear the music, see the energy and feel the excitement. The Stones are rocking Europe!

Date: September 14, 2017 09:58

Manofwealthandtaste
Several negative comments are made by people who haven't attended either of the No Filter shows and are judging from dodgy mobile phone footage. All I would say is do what you can to get to a gig on this tour, hear the music, see the energy and feel the excitement. The Stones are rocking Europe!

That's right! And I think many forget the symbiosis between band and audience here. It's an experience – both musical and entertainment-wise – that can't be dismissed by a couple of sour notes.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 14, 2017 10:08

SomeTorontoGirl

Love you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 14, 2017 10:21

I've read both positive and negative reviews of both shows from those who were there. Some are glowing, some are mixed, and some have been pretty bad. The truth might lie somewhere in between all of those, but based on last years shows I experienced, I have an idea of how it might have been to be there. It's always exciting to be at a Stones show without a doubt, but that doesn't mean that everything is always spot on perfection, or that the overall vibe of the show is memorable. The last time I left a Stones show truly floating in the clouds without any criticism was when Mick Taylor graced the stage at the L.A. Forum on May 20th, 2013, and before that the Veredenburg show 2003. There have been a few since and before that were great, while some were mediocre at best (and some flat out sucked), but they're always fun to be at no matter what. If they ever come back to the US some day, I'd happily go see them once (or maybe twice), but I would never pay the ridiculous face value prices they're asking.

Date: September 14, 2017 10:28

There is no truth, only every concert-goer's individual experience. People are looking for (listening for) different things, obviously. People won't walk out the gate because of a few sour notes or some wrong lyrics.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 14, 2017 10:39

I was implying the truth for me as the rest of that sentence should have made clear.

And who mentioned people walking out of the gate due to a few wrong notes or lyrics?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 10:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 10:57

claremont29
"I am 66 and still a runner since high school. However, it takes me a little bit longer to warm up and get into a 3 mile run. The Stones need more time to play together to improve their synergy."

The problem is if Keith forgets his chords, you might have years of rehearsals, the result will be the same.
I think he has a serious illness, but no idea which one. As Keith likes to give concerts,in the name of their friendship and to please his friend, Jagger does as if Keith is fine to play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 11:42 by ouroux58.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 14, 2017 11:36

Wasn't it Mr Presley who sang ....... If Ya Looking for Negativity You've Come To The Right Place....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 14, 2017 11:45

Age brings negativity. Old people complain about the price of milk, birds singing in the morning, the neighbour washing his car on a Sunday, dinner being late, not being able to read the newspapers without glasses, the comlexity of Internet and mobile apps and so on.

Some complain about magazines and the world is so different, the weather was better before, and life was easier. Some remember their younger days when they were in love for the first time and they want this feeling back.

Sorry folks, we all get more and more grumpy as we get older. Nagging and complaining is what we are best at, when there is nothing else to do or to talk about.

A beer may be half empty or half full.

If you don't like the Stones anymore then why bother those who still enjoy them? It is like dumping yourv wife for a new one, and telling everyone how bad your ex was. It does not make any sense to me.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 14, 2017 11:53

bv
Age brings negativity. Old people complain about the price of milk, birds singing in the morning, the neighbour washing his car on a Sunday, dinner being late, not being able to read the newspapers without glasses, the comlexity of Internet and mobile apps and so on.

Some complain about magazines and the world is so different, the weather was better before, and life was easier. Some remember their younger days when they were in love for the first time and they want this feeling back.

Sorry folks, we all get more and more grumpy as we get older. Nagging and complaining is what we are best at, when there is nothing else to do or to talk about.

A beer may be half empty or half full.

If you don't like the Stones anymore then why bother those who still enjoy them? It is like dumping yourv wife for a new one, and telling everyone how bad your ex was. It does not make any sense to me.

Very true BV. We are becoming grumpy old men, nothing is ever good enough, we always want more and more. We should be happy for what we have.
Keith once said ''You got the Moon, you got the Sun, the air you breath, and you got your Rolling Stones''. We should be thankful that we still have all them things. smiling smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:07

I didn't think my Review of Munich was negative - they made a few slips. Anyone on this board who doesn't can also probably walk on water.

It was a great show in Munich, enjoyed by everyone. if you want perfection every time go and see a classical orchestra. No slips, no excitement, no tension - it ain't the Stones.

Alwyn

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:17

hopkins
[youtu.be]

Date: September 14, 2017 12:24

Yes they are better than ever, I'd pay a fortune to see them no matter what because the next tour will be the best. Criticism is just bitterness or envy and proof of antisymbiotic behaviour. cool smiley (sorry couldnt resist)grinning smiley

Date: September 14, 2017 12:28

Redhotcarpet
Yes they are better than ever, I'd pay a fortune to see them no matter what because the next tour will be the best. Criticism is just bitterness or envy and proof of antisymbiotic behaviour. cool smiley (sorry couldnt resist)grinning smiley

They are still great, well worth to listen to and if health permits they can deliver even next tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-14 12:28 by jumpingjackflash5.

Date: September 14, 2017 12:29

thumbs up
thecitadel
I didn't think my Review of Munich was negative - they made a few slips. Anyone on this board who doesn't can also probably walk on water.

It was a great show in Munich, enjoyed by everyone. if you want perfection every time go and see a classical orchestra. No slips, no excitement, no tension - it ain't the Stones.

Alwyn

Date: September 14, 2017 12:32

jumpingjackflash5
Redhotcarpet

They are still great, well worth to listen to and if health permits they can deliver even next tour.

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2102
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home