Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 12, 2017 20:52

MisterDDDD
stone4ever
MisterDDDD
stoned4ever-

Give it a rest man, unless you can produce a quote backing up your claim that he outright called him what you claim, you are way out of bounds. I would go so far as to say your repeated accusations qualify as disrespectful harassment outlined by bv. Also- your dime-store psychology borders on the absurd. Best to stick with what you know- Mick and Ronnie bashing.

You have been trying to get me banned for ages, give it a break.
Lofl.
If calling you out on your bs qualifies as "trying to get you banned" then you may be on to something. I don't care enough about your posts to try to ban you from anything. You think much too highly of yourself.

You follow my posts very closely for someone who doesn't care.
Its almost like being stalked lol.
Have a nice day MisterDDDD

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 12, 2017 21:18

Looking at some of these threads the last couple of days, it's easy to see why Altamont happened the way it did -- that is to say, only in the Rolling Stones fandom could people be so violently antagonistic toward one another, when they're all supposed to be allied in the same culture.

It's almost like a ritual of contagious behavior here -- things are said by some that most others don't want to face let alone admit to, the sectarian violence of words rages to a fever pitch, someone gets banned, and then things settle down again... for a while.

This pattern seems to emerge whenever a tour starts, when the passions of Rolling Stones fandom seem to be at their fiercest and most storm-like.

Perhaps it's better to just stay away from here for a while, at least until the tour is over. All the hostility brewing here doesn't exactly bring out the best in one's online demeanor....

"Oh, a storm is threat'ning
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away

War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away"

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 12, 2017 22:17

stonehearted

This pattern seems to emerge whenever a tour starts, when the passions of Rolling Stones fandom seem to be at their fiercest and most storm-like.

Its because trolls who are not really Stones fans lose interest and go away...
but when they see a tour is on they come back to antagonize people, start trouble and try to get people banned.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 12, 2017 22:30

drbryant
LongBeachArena72

1) Today, a poster who hates what The Rolling Stones have become was called a child molester by another poster. Apparently, the Stones-hater is no longer part of our 'community' while the pedophile-label-flinger is tolerated ... perhaps since his primary impulse was to stand up for the reputation of the band this website purports to discuss.

Come on. We're educated adults here, and no one would have read my post as calling stones-relic a child molester. Stones-relic went nuts; he's been on here a while, and no one knows why. He started a couple of threads, and went on multiple unrelated threads on a Stones forum posting how the Stones suck. He said that he got enjoyment out of making fans feel upset or hurt. Classic trolling behavior.

I merely mentioned, in a clearly mock-serious tone, that internet trolling has been associated with the "dark tetrad" of human personality - narcissism, machiavellianism, psychopathy and sadism. These traits, particularly sadism, are often seen in people who engage in more extreme forms of anti-social behavior. I just cited the theories in general, and never said stones-relic was a child molester. That's ridiculous. Not every child that enjoys pulling the wings off flies, or bullying the smaller kids in grade school ends up being a serial killer. My post was tongue-in-cheek and just meant to give the troll a small dose of his own medicine.

I think everyone on the Forum got it.

Missed this earlier, and should clarify Dr.Bryant (because I never named any names) that nothing I previously posted on this particular soap opera referred to your original post - it was lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek, and funny imo. It was the follow up comment from someone saying "Just doing our part to help keep stone-relics from molesting more kids, torturing more small animals or doing more looting in the hurricane damaged areas" that seemed to take things way beyond any sense of humor, and was borderline insanity in it's own right. And this type of personal attack on someone is tolerated by bv simply because the targeted person hates the Stones? Nothing against the person who posted that attack (seems an OK guy), but seems someone needs to take a chill pill when it comes to defending the Rolling Stones with such savagery. Being a diehard fanatic is one thing, but to lash out in such a violent way isn't really the right answer imo.

Anyhow, how about them Stones...still surviving after all these years albeit hanging by a thread.
And since this is a ticket price and complaint thread, how can they get away with charging such ridiculous prices which get more expensive with each tour when their performances keep declining?
It's like a riddle that makes no sense!

Date: September 12, 2017 22:37

Hairball

juts keep stirring the pot slimeball

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 12, 2017 22:58

eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

Date: September 12, 2017 23:01

Doxa
eye rolling smiley

- Doxa
eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 12, 2017 23:12

HankM
Hairball

You are not banned but a critical albeit weak thread got one iorrian banned.

Re: Quit falling for their bullshit! The Stones NOW SUCK!
Date: September 12, 2017 23:15

HankM
I am out of patience with trolls, nit pickers, set list whiners and Stones haters who feel obligated to show up and talk shit on the greatest band ever as they are back rolling again.

Of all the crap going on in this world, all the bad things that happen, bad people.. .and you a-holes chose to spend you time talking crap about this band? And then you whine when someone calls you out for it?

If you wanna talk crap there are a lot of legit things to talk it about, The Stones are not one of them.

You've made that clear.

Date: September 12, 2017 23:20

Redhotcarpet
HankM
I am out of patience with trolls, nit pickers, set list whiners and Stones haters who feel obligated to show up and talk shit on the greatest band ever as they are back rolling again.

Of all the crap going on in this world, all the bad things that happen, bad people.. .and you a-holes chose to spend you time talking crap about this band? And then you whine when someone calls you out for it?

If you wanna talk crap there are a lot of legit things to talk it about, The Stones are not one of them.

You've made that clear.
Why are you chiming in? what is you objective? This was all over and you had nothing to do with it. Do you have a point or just wanting to cause more problems? Get a thrill? What are you doing?

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 12, 2017 23:21

HankM
Hairball

LOL. You are acting like you think you are the Stones' enforcer.

Date: September 12, 2017 23:28

Everybody happy with the show tonight?

Date: September 12, 2017 23:30

Seems par for the course, but I think Hamburg had a better setlist! thumbs up

Date: September 12, 2017 23:32

DandelionPowderman
Everybody happy with the show tonight?
I am DANDELIGHTED!!! Thanks for asking DPM smiling smiley

If you didn't see it there is a live feed right now [www.facebook.com]
and if anyone misses it (or was at that show and wants to hear it again) it can be replayed later.

Date: September 12, 2017 23:36

HankM
Redhotcarpet
HankM

You've made that clear.
Why are you chiming in? what is you objective? This was all over and you had nothing to do with it. Do you have a point or just wanting to cause more problems? Get a thrill? What are you doing?

I never report posts and I dont understand why anybody would be offended by criticism of the Rolling Stones, it's really beyond me, but just because stonesrelic got banned I reported you to see if you get a free pass. The reason is not your poor attempts at bullying but the fact that you get a free pass and so many iorrians seem to agree with you.

Date: September 12, 2017 23:36

thumbs up

Date: September 12, 2017 23:37

DandelionPowderman
thumbs up

Thanks Dandy. grinning smiley

Date: September 12, 2017 23:37

Redhotcarpet
HankM
Redhotcarpet
HankM

You've made that clear.

I never report posts and I dont understand why anybody would be offended by criticism of the Rolling Stones, it's really beyond me, but just because stonesrelic got banned I reported you to see if you get a free pass. The reason is not your poor attempts at bullying but the fact that you get a free pass and so many iorrians seem to agree with you.

Ah, I see. You are playing the old game "Lets get people banned"... okey doeky...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 23:37 by HankM.

Date: September 12, 2017 23:40

HankM
Redhotcarpet
HankM
Redhotcarpet
HankM

You've made that clear.

Ah, I see. You are playing the old game "Lets get people banned"... okey doeky...

No not at all. Actually I dont want to see you banned. I dont think anybody has to get banned.

Date: September 12, 2017 23:41

Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
thumbs up

Thanks Dandy. grinning smiley

Well, this time the thumb was for the link I got to the Stones-show in Munich smiling smiley

Date: September 12, 2017 23:46

DandelionPowderman

Well, this time the thumb was for the link I got to the Stones-show in Munich smiling smiley

My pleasure DPM, I knew that smiling smiley

I didn't think you were in league these ban happy types

Date: September 12, 2017 23:47

HankM
DandelionPowderman

My pleasure DPM, I knew that smiling smiley

I didn't think you were in league these ban happy types

I also knew that!

Date: September 13, 2017 00:15

When was the last time the Stones did a pay-per-view? Seems they could rake in a lot of extra cash.
Or maybe a live event to movie theaters around the world...seeing them on the big screens live would be quite the event, and I might be be willing to pay $10.00 to experience it.

Date: September 13, 2017 00:27

sdstonesguy
The fact HankM has not been banned and even defended by BV makes me wonder if Hank is just an alias of BV. Nobody else on this board would still be here saying these things.

Remember, BV said on another thread that rehearsals are the Stones private business and songs rehearsed should not be shared...despite having links like this: [iorr.org]

& this:
[iorr.org]

When called on it, the thread was closed for comments (to his credit, he left the posts up).

Also, I disagree that BV should be able to regulate the speech here anyway he wants. This is a forum with many people. Should Zuckerberg be able to determine what is "free speech" on Facebook? Since the internet & message boards/twitter/Facebook/etc. are how people communicate now, should a small handful of people simply make the rules to their own individual tastes? I get BV does not want anyone to say a bad word about Trump, but does this being "his" site really make it ok to determine it may not be discussed? This is the most popular Stones message board in the world, not some offbeat small nothing site. This is a defacto Stones board, not a BV board. If the Stones are not putting up some cash to support this site, shame on them...they certainly profit from this site. Then again, I believe that they do. How else does BV get into the Belly-Up gig? The Jagger El-Rey gig? It is not just luck & hard work...those work for things like Shepherds Bush, Double Door, etc.

Zuckerberg does determine what is allowed to say on FB or not, hence all the incidents in recent years with banned pictures and campaigning etc.

You have every right to have strong opinions about what should be discussed on this site, but that doesn't change the fact that it is Bjørnulf's site.

It's not my or your business if he gets paid or not for running this site, though. He says he's not paid. That is reason enough to refrain from such insinuations, imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 08:38 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 13, 2017 01:24

I have b een busy with a Stones show, while others have been busy with envy and hate as it seems. Sitting on the U3 back from the Olympiastadion reading some posts here I came to think of the "The ten commandments". I am not a very religious person, but I understand why they had to make such rules long time ago. I think someone here just brke at least three of the ten last commandments. What separates us from the anim als is the fact that we have a brain with a few cells more, and also that we are supposed to take care of each other.

As for FB, sure I hope people see the difference in a highly commercial site which is funded by advertisements, where you, the visitor is the product, and the Facebook owners make money on you, while IORR is a non-commercial site where I personally pay for server time and work needed to keep it running. If you don't see the difference then soory, I can't help you.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 13, 2017 13:00

DandelionPowderman
Eleanor Rigby
Yes...
But i would argue being called a paedophile is a bit worse that a person making critical comments about The Stones.
Sure, he went a bit far but i find it strange that the poster who called him a paedophile is still allowed to post on this board. I find the term he used repulsive in every way.

Ok..back to complaints thread. Having listened to the entire Hamburg show i can safely say Keith, in particular, was virtually incapable of stringing 2 decent notes together. Its actually sad to listen to.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as it is the first show, but he would need to improve a bit to make these shows a pleasant listening experience.

What did you think of his UMT-solo?

I didnt think much of it to be honest.
His playing throughout the song was safe (and nice) and his solo consisted of about 4 notes...which admittedly did not sound "wrong", but it also didnt reach any great heights.
By all reports KR seems to have picked up a bit since Hamburg.
More later !

Date: September 13, 2017 13:43

Eleanor Rigby
DandelionPowderman
Eleanor Rigby
Yes...
But i would argue being called a paedophile is a bit worse that a person making critical comments about The Stones.
Sure, he went a bit far but i find it strange that the poster who called him a paedophile is still allowed to post on this board. I find the term he used repulsive in every way.

Ok..back to complaints thread. Having listened to the entire Hamburg show i can safely say Keith, in particular, was virtually incapable of stringing 2 decent notes together. Its actually sad to listen to.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as it is the first show, but he would need to improve a bit to make these shows a pleasant listening experience.

What did you think of his UMT-solo?

I didnt think much of it to be honest.
His playing throughout the song was safe (and nice) and his solo consisted of about 4 notes...which admittedly did not sound "wrong", but it also didnt reach any great heights.
By all reports KR seems to have picked up a bit since Hamburg.
More later !

Just like it did in 1969, when you liked his playing smoking smiley

I know what you mean, of course, but I thought his UMT-solo was more clever and more of a good standard-solo than that of SFTD.

Date: September 13, 2017 14:23

Without a doubt!
Perhaps he was "warmed up" by UMT and could actually play some nice sounding chords and hold a solo.
But he is battling like most over-70 people do.

Date: September 13, 2017 14:35

Eleanor Rigby
Without a doubt!
Perhaps he was "warmed up" by UMT and could actually play some nice sounding chords and hold a solo.

Looks like his energy and/or imagination comes in waves. Because all of a sudden he plays fast runst (yes, even in the right key winking smiley ), and other times he struggles with much simpler stuff.

Date: September 13, 2017 14:59

DandelionPowderman
Eleanor Rigby
Without a doubt!

Looks like his energy and/or imagination comes in waves. Because all of a sudden he plays fast runst (yes, even in the right key winking smiley ), and other times he struggles with much simpler stuff.

Yep agree with this.
My only gripe are the people who say he is on fire!
Haha...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home