Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 77
The Worst...
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 11, 2017 20:38

That show lives up to its name...give it up...THE STONES NOW OFFICIALLY SUCK!~

Re: The Worst...
Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: September 11, 2017 20:48

So how good is your band? Could I hear what you have produced over the last 55 years...How have you dented society...What have you brought to the musical landscape...

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: September 11, 2017 20:52

BV please shut this @#$%& down.

Date: September 11, 2017 20:57

I have every right to say what I want to say...you feckless fans don't ever realize that the Stones are gone..they aren't anything they used be...and they cant even play in tune...so @#$%& OFF!

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: September 11, 2017 20:59

Why don't you go play somewhere else, stone-relics! Your comments are not useful. If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it.

Date: September 11, 2017 21:01

I am saying something...The STONES NOW SUCK! They used to MY FAVORITE BAND...but they are done, and they know it...you are just too stupid to get it...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 11, 2017 21:23

BamaStone
So how good is your band? Could I hear what you have produced over the last 55 years...How have you dented society...What have you brought to the musical landscape...

I like that!

Date: September 11, 2017 21:26

It don't matter what you bought to the table a hundred years ago..its what you got in yer HAND RIGHT NOW! Some times its better to fold.

JR

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: September 11, 2017 21:32

Hey, JR. I remember you as a serious poster, so I believe you're giving us your opinion and not just trolling.

Still, as disappointed as you may be, and as confused as you may be that people still like what the Stones are delivering, it is what it is. Maybe people are giving them bit of a break because of how important they've been in our lives, or maybe they can still find a lot of good in the music, even with the odd flub here and there. I don't think that makes them either deaf or idiots.

Just my two cents.

Date: September 11, 2017 21:37

Its not the odd flub...its a band of SHIT...Mick didn't even care...Watched the whole show...Anyway...I am outta here. We need a new band..not these guys.

Date: September 11, 2017 21:42

stone-relics
I have every right to say what I want to say...you feckless fans don't ever realize that the Stones are gone..they aren't anything they used be...and they cant even play in tune...so @#$%& OFF!

Why are you trolling this site?

What do you expect, praisal? Adoration?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 22:00

stone-relics
Its not the odd flub...its a band of SHIT...Mick didn't even care...Watched the whole show...Anyway...I am outta here. We need a new band..not these guys.

Define "We"

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: September 11, 2017 23:56

The worst- brilliant song.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 12, 2017 00:09

You have No Filter!

Re: Quit falling for their bullshit! The Stones NOW SUCK!
Date: September 12, 2017 00:35

24FPS
stone4ever
Stone-releics has been here 13 years, he can't be a troll
He has made over 3000 posts, why can't he have his say, why can't he have a chance to explain why he is upset by the band.
Surely there is room for everyone here.
Why gang up on him and try to humiliate him, calling him a sex pervert etc.
I don't understand. Does everyone have to agree with everyone else to post on here ??

smileys with beer

It may not be constructive, but the man does have the right to be heard.

Surely, no one has the right to start multiple threads here, saying the Stones suck on a Stones forum?

No reasoning, no explanation. Just a kindergarten rant.

I would have banned myself with behaviour like that.

You are a good poster, 24FPS. Can't believe that you'll okay this kind of trolling..

Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 12, 2017 00:40

I believe stone-relics has gone completely and irrationally out of control, but at the same time I think it would probably be best for everyone just to ignore it all.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 12, 2017 00:46

Hairball
I believe stone-relics has gone completely and irrationally out of control, but at the same time I think it would probably be best for everyone just to ignore it all.

Ok so the guys obviously lost the plot, but did he really need to be called a pedophile.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 12, 2017 00:50

stone4ever
Hairball

Ok so the guys obviously lost the plot, but did he really need to be called a pedophile.

No, that was tasteless. But there's really no need to repeatedly bash the band without explaining anything. If you're going to put the band down, do it the classy way like Monsieur LongBeachArena! >grinning smiley<

Date: September 12, 2017 00:50

stone4ever
Hairball

Absolutely not, that's why I said best if everyone ignores it all.
There's some cheerleaders here who become vicious when they (or their band) feel threatened, and it's not a pretty sight to see.
Not sure whats worse...a troll whose doing his best to irritate people, or some of the irrational reactions directed at the troll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 00:51 by Hairball.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 12, 2017 00:55

Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball

Absolutely not, that's why I said best if everyone ignores it all.
There's some cheerleaders here who become vicious when they (or their band) feel threatened, and it's not a pretty sight to see.
Not sure whats worse...a troll whose doing his best to irritate people, or some of the irrational reactions directed at the troll.

Yeah fair enough Hairball, there is a way to deal with people like that and calling them child molesters is not the way to do it.
I understand its frustrating that Stones-relic will not say why he is saying the things he is. Its all a bit weird today. It was fun on the other thread and then i just see all this, its like WTF is going on.

Re: Quit falling for their bullshit! The Stones NOW SUCK!
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 12, 2017 01:00

24FPS
stone4ever
Stone-releics has been here 13 years, he can't be a troll
He has made over 3000 posts, why can't he have his say, why can't he have a chance to explain why he is upset by the band.
Surely there is room for everyone here.
Why gang up on him and try to humiliate him, calling him a sex pervert etc.
I don't understand. Does everyone have to agree with everyone else to post on here ??

smileys with beer

It may not be constructive, but the man does have the right to be heard.

NOT REALLY!

It is NOT a human right to piss on other fans here on IORR. If you for some reason fall out from loving the band, may be you regret buying a zillion T-shirts or records, or you are drunk, or you was hit by a car and your brain changed, or you simply found out you don't like the band anymore... This does NOT give you the right to use bad language and tell other fans they are morons and looser.

Rule number one, two and three on IORR is respect. When I do not see the respect then you are not welcome to post on IORR.

Bjornulf

Date: September 12, 2017 01:04

"Cheerleaders", "telling it like it is", LOL.

What are you, Hairball, just a provocateur?

At least let a couple of days pass before you label people who barely have gotten home from a great Stones show as cheerleaders, please...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 12, 2017 01:06

"...or you was hit by a car and your brain changed,"
smiling smiley

Date: September 12, 2017 01:11

DandelionPowderman
"Cheerleaders", "telling it like it is", LOL.

What are you, Hairball, just a provocateur?

At least let a couple of days pass before you label people who barely have gotten home from a great Stones show as cheerleaders, please...

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you or anyone who was at the show as cheerleaders, I was referring specifically to the person who was calling someone a child molester simply because they disagreed with them.

As for "telling it like it is", I was simply agreeing with a great review I read that wasn't glowing with unrealistic praise.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 12, 2017 01:47

Yea the Stones are so far from their best that's it's hard to grasp. But they're still one of the best bands in the world.

Keith is fragile and has a hard time playing a solo in key, but that's alright with me. I don't want a perfect session player to ''nail'' the Sympathy solo with perfect technique and intention, I want the raw emotion from one of the the best songwriters in history and that's what Keith gives me.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 12, 2017 03:14

Hairball

Looks like he has gone completely.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 12, 2017 04:58

All I know is that one poster called another a child rapist...and BV said the victim should not have bashed the current Stones performance on this board and been more respectful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 05:03 by sdstonesguy.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 12, 2017 05:08

sdstonesguy
All I know is that one poster called another a child rapist...and BV said the victim should not have bashed the current Stones performance on this board and been more respectful.

Give it a rest Stones hater, you are the last person who should be talking about respect, you have no respect for anybody, and go look at the posts, I replied to another post, it was not something I started...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 05:08 by HankM.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 12, 2017 08:13

Now THIS is some entertaining bullshit right here--bravo to all concerned!

One thing I realized about iorr a long time ago ... and having realized it, I found some peace and now cruise in and out every few months as time permits:

This is not really a Stones community. It's a heavily moderated message board which mostly discusses The Rolling Stones, but which mainly reflects the sense of decorum of its proprietor. The electronic denizens herein (myself included, when I participate) accede to this condition and when we partake of iorr's fruits we know we are doing so under a watchful eye whose predilections are sometimes odd but whose interventions we suffer for the greater good of chatting about The Rolling Stones with somewhat like-minded souls.

Two recent events illustrate the factors in play here:

1) Today, a poster who hates what The Rolling Stones have become was called a child molester by another poster. Apparently, the Stones-hater is no longer part of our 'community' while the pedophile-label-flinger is tolerated ... perhaps since his primary impulse was to stand up for the reputation of the band this website purports to discuss.

2) Even the most fervent of the band's admirers must admit that by and large the Stones no longer really matter in today's world. (This is no particular knock on the band; very few musicians actually do matter anymore.) But there was one occasion a few weeks back when the band was very much a topic of conversation out in the wider world: the use of Rolling Stones songs at campaign rallies by Donald Trump. Now Trump is a lot of things to a lot of people; one thing many people do agree on is that he is the most polarizing figure in American politics since George Wallace. In other words, like him or not, he is of historical importance. And he plays TONS OF STONES SONGS at his rallies ... why? What does this mean? People outside of fandom actually discussed this. It was an example of an issue in which The Stones had some level of notoriety/publicity outside their bubble of fandom. This was huge news. The Stones were at the center of yet another controversy ... after decades of (relative) irrelevance. Surely there would be a wide-ranging discussion on the most important (?) Stones board on the planet about what this all meant ... and yet there of course wasn't, since the topic was deemed too 'political' for users here to be able to discuss as adults.

iorr is what it is. Once you understand the rules you can usually manage to go along to get along. And if anything upsets you, you can always use the 'Report This Message' feature to bring to our moderator's attention anything which offends your sensibility or which threatens your perception of and enjoyment of your favorite band. And if our proprietor agrees with you, well, then, bingo-bango-bongo, problem-solved, content deleted!

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 12, 2017 09:12

See the troll ^^^ exerting so much energy trying to start trouble and get people banned... yawn

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home