Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 21:20

Surely someone from the Stones camp reads this board and hears the feedback. We aren't asking for much, you would think they would want to deliver one last time.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 20, 2015 21:55

taz22
Surely someone from the Stones camp reads this board and hears the feedback. We aren't asking for much, you would think they would want to deliver one last time.

If the stadiums are full of people happy to hear the hits one last time, that seems to be all they care about. BV says the Stones camp does read the board, but not the complaints. I am sure they are aware of the complaints. No Taylor, weak setlists, no adventure, weak weak weak stage design, etc... They don't care as long as the sales are strong.

Date: June 20, 2015 22:14

flacnvinyl
taz22

If the stadiums are full of people happy to hear the hits one last time, that seems to be all they care about. BV says the Stones camp does read the board, but not the complaints. I am sure they are aware of the complaints. No Taylor, weak setlists, no adventure, weak weak weak stage design, etc... They don't care as long as the sales are strong.

Nothing like going through life with the blinders and the cruise control on!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 20, 2015 22:17

mickschix
There's no denying how much I love the Stones BUT I have decided not to go to any of these stadium shows for reasons that I've stated before ( chance of nasty weather, too many friggin people, too far away from the stage potentially etc) AND the main reason is the BORING set list for this tour. I can't help saying it! They stopped playing the songs I WOULD have made the effort to hear....and reduced the selections from Sticky Fingers to maybe 3 songs...and most nights, they DON'T play MOONLIGHT MILE! Why have they returned to the very OVER-PLAYED songs! I sure can skip HTW...I'll wait it out to see if by chance they add a few arena shows in the fall. Too bad really! I DID want a reason to go.

Debra has come over to the dark side. We have her now:

The Bounty Hunter has brought over Drake:

Date: June 20, 2015 22:29

The Sicilian
mickschix
There's no denying how much I love the Stones BUT I have decided not to go to any of these stadium shows for reasons that I've stated before ( chance of nasty weather, too many friggin people, too far away from the stage potentially etc) AND the main reason is the BORING set list for this tour. I can't help saying it! They stopped playing the songs I WOULD have made the effort to hear....and reduced the selections from Sticky Fingers to maybe 3 songs...and most nights, they DON'T play MOONLIGHT MILE! Why have they returned to the very OVER-PLAYED songs! I sure can skip HTW...I'll wait it out to see if by chance they add a few arena shows in the fall. Too bad really! I DID want a reason to go.

Debra has come over to the dark side. We have her now:

The Bounty Hunter has brought over Drake:

Am I banned yet?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 20, 2015 22:34

flacnvinyl

Am I banned yet?

Which one is Lukester?

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 20, 2015 22:52

The Sicilian
mickschix

Debra has come over to the dark side.

Myself a discrete campaigner sometimes against the former Las Vegas tag, and through the many years almost always with a fanboy attitude, even if the band at the moment apparently is performing very well, now at last it most sadly seems that this has become my main thread:

Why did not the Stones continue with the glorious concept setlist from Fonda Theatre, doing STICKY FINGERS live, that Mick Jagger himself announced as ambition for the tour?

Let's Cool It On the Complaints
Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: June 20, 2015 22:13

IORRians...It's 2015. The Rolling Stones are not the same band they were in 1968. There is nothing wrong with that. They gave us a rich legacy of music that will live forever and they owe us, their fans, nothing. Fortunately, we have pristine studio versions of their timeless compositions (the warhorses) on multiple types of media so we may enjoy them at our leisure from now until the cows some home. And thanks to the fact that in spite of their numerous behavioral detours along the way, they recorded and preserved their live shows back in the day so may enjoy them now as well. Brussels, LA 1975, Leeds, Hampton Roads, etc. I'm sure there are more to come.

Bottom line is that the Rolling Stones are not as hungry as they were in 1968, 69, 70, 71, and 72. They persevered and they achieved success. Enormous, world wide success. They should not be punished for this. We should be thankful they are still putting on great shows for enthusiastic audiences. Shows they take seriously and that they stage so the greatest numbers of fans may experience and enjoy them to the highest degree. The Stones have nothing to gain and everything to lose if they tried to write songs like they did 45 - 50 years ago. That simply ain't gonn'a happen.

Beatles fans can't buy tickets to see them perform live. Stones fans can. We should stop all this bitching and moaning about set lists and warhorses and enjoy them while we can. It ain't going to last forever. Wake up!

Re: Let's Cool It On the Complaints
Date: June 20, 2015 22:18

1969Fan

Shows they take seriously and that they stage so the greatest numbers of fans may experience and enjoy them to the highest degree.

Almost spit my coffee on the computer screen when I read this.If the 1965 version of Mick Jagger saw himself today, he'd kick his butt for mailing it in!

Date: June 20, 2015 22:20

taz22
1969Fan

Shows they take seriously and that they stage so the greatest numbers of fans may experience and enjoy them to the highest degree.

Almost spit my coffee on the computer screen when I read this.If the 1965 version of Mick Jagger saw himself today, he'd kick his butt for mailing it in!

Well, that's what makes a horse race. Enjoy your coffee!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 20, 2015 22:21

I think there's been a lot of positive reactions and comments to this tour along with legitimate complaints from some. Pretty well balanced from what I've seen, although I don't read every single thread.

Date: June 20, 2015 22:31

ryanpow
I think there's been a lot of positive reactions and comments to this tour along with legitimate complaints from some. Pretty well balanced from what I've seen, although I don't read every single thread.

Exactly. Many of us who voice complaints also voice strong positives of what we enjoy. Being a passionate fan is one of the many reasons I enjoy coming to this forum. And as someone who paid $740 for two tickets to a show this tour, I think I am entitled to gripe about the setlist a bit!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 20, 2015 22:32

Hmm, there's a fine line in all this. Personally I believe constructive criticism is good and blind faith is bad. Of course this can go both ways on both topics. However, I do agree with the notion it's great to have them on tour in 2015. And maybe we'll be lucky enough to hear some new studio music. I keep my fingers crossed.

Date: June 20, 2015 23:19

frankotero
Hmm, there's a fine line in all this. Personally I believe constructive criticism is good and blind faith is bad. Of course this can go both ways on both topics. However, I do agree with the notion it's great to have them on tour in 2015. And maybe we'll be lucky enough to hear some new studio music. I keep my fingers crossed.

I respect other's responses and opinions and I enjoy reading them. Each is equally valid. My point is that there aren't many rock bands, or other entertainment institutions for that matter, that have endured as long as the Rolling Stones. Expecting them to remain at the same level for as long as the Stones have is asking a bit much. I read IORR every day because I want to hear what you have to say. I listen to the Stones, and I read books about the Stones. And I treasure the short period of time I spent with them in Montauk and LA in 1975. Those are days and nights I'll never forget.

I preferred them live 1969 - 1972. I went in 69, 72, 73 (a one-nighter in LA), 75, 78, 81, 89, 94, 97, 99 and 06, But none since then. My choice. If they're not going to play the way I want to hear them, I don't go. But I don't see any value in complaining about what and how they perform now. They are entertaining a huge number of people, and I'd venture to guess that many of the Zip Code attendees are hearing the warhorses live for the first time.

That's all. I'll keep my mouth shut.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 23:31 by 1969Fan.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 23:39

1969Fan

The Stones have nothing to gain and everything to lose if they tried to write songs like they did 45 - 50 years ago.

I'm not sure who wants that.

I for one would like to hear what songs they might write today would sound like.

Date: June 20, 2015 23:50

It is just frustrating knowing they have a huge catalog of well-known songs that they rarely play and continue to play ones that could be easily subbed in and out of the lineup i.e. IORR, YGMR, TD, Doom and bloody Gloom (axe this song now please) - subbing in Under My Thumb, Ruby Tuesday, Let It Bleed etc.

It's like watching that 85 year old guy buy himself a Ferrari and he wants it to have automatic transmission and only intends to drive it at 50mph on the Interstate! You know the car can go much faster and has great handling and can turn on a dime, but it gets stuck in the slow lane on cruise control.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 00:01 by taz22.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 20, 2015 23:58

So...1969Fan...YOU get to complain about everything, and then tell us not to. It's all silly to me. If you want to go see them, go. They jumped the shark for me a couple tours ago. As long as they keep releasing archive material that goes back to when they were indeed a powerhouse, this old fart will be happy. At this point I can't think of anything much more boring than Mick shaking it around during Sympathy, but if that's your thing, pay for it. The last moment that stands out for me was when they did 'She Was Hot' at Dodger Stadium in 2006. It was a true rarity. Now they're calling Paint It Black a rarity.

They've stopped growing, evolving, changing setlists, personnel. It's static. And it probably won't change until they finally pack it in. As for me I'm going to go see Brian Wilson tonight at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles. 'Sugar Man' Rodriguez is going to open. Sure, there'll be some 'warhorses', but it will be mixed in with rare and new material. Like it should be with the Stones. But it isn't because that's what brings in the dough.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2015 00:00

the only thing I like less than people complaining, is people telling other people what to do.

Date: June 21, 2015 00:08

Well said, 24PS and treaclefingers. It's cool we have this forum to share and discuss opinions.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 21, 2015 00:18

"Brothers... sisters... cool it on the complaints. We're only performing what the masses want to hear. We don't give #$@! about what you "IORRians" want us to play. What are there, like 200 of you on this website? #@*& you all, we're a business. So just cool it, accept it, brothers & sisters." - Mick Jagger

Getting back on topic...

As an 18-year-old who was inspired to pick up playing guitar BY the Stones, it frustrates me that, unlike myself, the Stones don't seem to care about music, just money. They've become just a band that keeps playing 3/4 the same songs every show and don't care about creativity or music or being artistic, just money and their legacy. So that's why I complain about the Stones. Well, that, and they lied about bringing MT on this tour.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 21, 2015 00:18

The title insinuates another complaining about the complainers sentiment probably best merged into the complaints thread, while 1969Fan's comments are mostly an expression of gratitude about all the Stones have given and continue to give us.

The thread would probably work better if titled "Gratitude for The Rolling Stones in 2015"...or something.

peace

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 21, 2015 00:33

my simple advice: GO TO A FRICKIN' SHOW! mick delivers. STFU.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 21, 2015 06:08

HearMeKnockin

"Brothers... sisters... cool it on the complaints. We're only performing what the masses want to hear. We don't give #$@! about what you "IORRians" want us to play. What are there, like 200 of you on this website? #@*& you all, we're a business. So just cool it, accept it, brothers & sisters." - Mick Jagger

Getting back on topic...

As an 18-year-old who was inspired to pick up playing guitar BY the Stones, it frustrates me that, unlike myself, the Stones don't seem to care about music, just money. They've become just a band that keeps playing 3/4 the same songs every show and don't care about creativity or music or being artistic, just money and their legacy. So that's why I complain about the Stones. Well, that, and they lied about bringing MT on this tour.

OK, well put from your perspective. In 55 years we'll ask you again on your opinion and see if it's changed or stayed the same.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 21, 2015 06:17

sundevil

A man of few words.

I pretty much agree, while allowing for some discussion and disagreements.
What can get tiresome, imo, is constantly asking for stuff that ain't going to happen,
over and over. Yes, it would be nice, but...hey, we got Mick Taylor last time out.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 21, 2015 06:24

angee
sundevil

A man of few words.

I pretty much agree, while allowing for some discussion and disagreements.
What can get tiresome, imo, is constantly asking for stuff that ain't going to happen,
over and over. Yes, it would be nice, but...hey, we got Mick Taylor last time out.

Excellent point angee. No doubt the Stones people monitor the site, bv has even said so. I have seen other examples of "suggestions" being seemingly adhered to by the band shortly after they have been aired here. We are the pulse of the hardcore fan base after all.

peace

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 21, 2015 06:36

ya know, I was happy as hell to hear all down the line in orlando, even more so afer not getting it or MM in columbus. As happy as the wife and I (an the 115 or so argentinians next to us dancing up a storm), the rest of the crowd around was like, meh, ok, sure, but... and then they go into tumblin dice and the whole arena's energy level goes up by about 50%. The 40,000 people of the 50 are there to hear the hits. As much as they may be a bummer for us mulit show goers, its what they do. In the end, I'm just happy to get the 3-4 rotates a night. Its also not like I'm going to be worse for wear hearing MR 50 times over the course of my life. Bring on Buffalo and QC

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 21, 2015 07:34

I guess the problem with online complaints is that they never stop, no matter what the subject matter is. I'm convinced it's just the nature of the internet at this point. It isn't the Stones. You've got people on the Bob Dylan board starting threads about Blonde On Blonde being "overrated," just like you've got people over here saying the same thing about Exile. It all gets very silly. I think Mick was right when he said the internet would ultimately prove to be good for 'selling more products,' whatever he said exactly.... Now I'd like to explain to '71Tele why I don't have a wife, since the other thread was closed... no, actually I wouldn't.... He really burned me, though. That was a stinging burn and I still feel it...

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 21, 2015 07:48

SackofBrokenEggs

You are a good person with a positive attitude and that is a good thing. Keep on rocking and having fun and doing it your way. Rock on.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 07:49

Many of the complaints come from trollers - people who log on just to start arguments.

I have been reading this site since 2005 or so. There is a small group of people who post and have valid information and opinions and also respect the wishes of BV, the moderator. There is an increasing number of posters whose IDs I do not recognize, and many of these posts I simply do not read because they provide nothing of value to the conversation.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 21, 2015 08:02

relms
SackofBrokenEggs

You are a good person with a positive attitude and that is a good thing. Keep on rocking and having fun and doing it your way. Rock on.

Thanks relms, that's very nice of you to say, and I feel the same way about you. If you're a single woman, maybe we should talk...

But anyway, this is an incredibly fun tour, with the periscoping, it's truly amazing to be watching and listening to these shows as they're going on. It tops a lot of the other geeky stuff us fans do on the internet.... And thanks to apple, too! I'm just happy and grateful to be watching and listening to these shows as they're going on. So, the internet is proving to be good for something other than selling products, actually... Long live the Stones! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 08:35 by SackofBrokenEggs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home