Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:25

Max'sKansasCity
The only hope for lower prices, ever again, is if people refused to buy at these prices and the arenas were only 1/4-1/2 full... but that is not happening. Enough people are willing to pay $600-$1000 ticket that they are now announcing 2nd shows.

I am not going to travel to see them and pay $600 ticket... but if they can sell out arenas at those prices, why shouldnt they sell tickets at those prices?

Honestly, why shouldnt they charge what people are willing to spend?
Who wouldnt charge as much as people are willing to spend?

Of course the long term results will be that everybody better get ready to pay this kind of BIGmoney for every arena act in the future, there is no looking back, as history has shown us. Blame the people who are willing to pay for this coming result.

i can't tell if you are happy or sad. please use an appropriate emoticon henceforth so we don't have to wonder.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:34

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
The only hope for lower prices, ever again, is if people refused to buy at these prices and the arenas were only 1/4-1/2 full... but that is not happening. Enough people are willing to pay $600-$1000 ticket that they are now announcing 2nd shows.

I am not going to travel to see them and pay $600 ticket... but if they can sell out arenas at those prices, why shouldnt they sell tickets at those prices?

Honestly, why shouldnt they charge what people are willing to spend?
Who wouldnt charge as much as people are willing to spend?

Of course the long term results will be that everybody better get ready to pay this kind of BIGmoney for every arena act in the future, there is no looking back, as history has shown us. Blame the people who are willing to pay for this coming result.

i can't tell if you are happy or sad. please use an appropriate emoticon henceforth so we don't have to wonder.

There is a price for that, and as you might imagine in these times, it is not cheap.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:37

Max'sKansasCity
The only hope for lower prices, ever again, is if......

Is if Cohl managed the tour. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Prices were lower when he ran the show.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:39

@souldoggie - The libertarian/capitalist in me agrees with you. I just hate the greed. I am still hoping to get a few $250 tickets

Date: April 5, 2013 19:46

I dont think one can be a capitalist and call charging what the people are willing to pay "greedy". Charging as much as people are willing to pay is called capitalism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 19:48 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:46

souldoggie I agree. People under estimate that there is a lot of money out there. I am a real fan as well and sold my business and retired at 42. I won't pay 1500 for the tongue pit when I got the side of the stage for both Toronto and Chicago for 468.00 each. All four nights are row 8 or lower. To me, these are the best seats in the arena. I am only going because I am a Mick Taylor fan. He makes the band a little dangerous and on the edge, that's what I like when I see live music. It's the unexpected. They clearly started to gel together by the 4th show. Can't wait!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 19:53 by Blackdog.

Date: April 5, 2013 19:49

souldoggie
flacnvinyl
.....Our favorite band tosses aside real fans in favor of playing to disinterested wealthy onlookers.

I have a great job and a lot of money and I'm a real fan.
I'm thinking the Stones are now in favor of just playing to interested real fans who have money.....as opposed to interested real fans who don't have any money.
The good news is that's their choice.....and they've earned it as far as I'm concerned.
It's easy, pretty simple really...make your money, save your money, see the Stones....or don't....no one gives a crap.
I can't wait to see these guys live again....New Jersey shows were a blast.
Ooops, I'm supposed to be complaining on this thread.
Ok then.....life sucks, it's so unfair. Go Stones!

See above to my first post sorry!

Date: April 5, 2013 19:50

uhbuhgullayew
Max'sKansasCity
The only hope for lower prices, ever again, is if......

Is if Cohl managed the tour. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Prices were lower when he ran the show.

Maybe that is why he was not rehired.

Date: April 5, 2013 19:56

People under estimate that there is a lot of money out there held by fewer and fewer people.

or

or look up your own info.

If you are in that lucky/fortunate group holding most of the wealth, good luck holding on to it and passing it along to someone worthy of it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 20:05 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 5, 2013 20:06

Max'sKansasCity
People under estimate that there is a lot of money out there held by fewer and fewer people.

There are almost ten million millionaires out there! There are plenty of people who can afford a Stones show. You are talking about approx. 325,000- 350,000 tickets for 18 shows in the USA and Toronto to see the Stones. The tickets will sell. It's been 7 years outside the NYC area the last time the Stones played. This is the end as Jim Morrison would say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 20:08 by Blackdog.

Date: April 5, 2013 20:10

I always wondered how a guy like Stanley Kirk Burrel could go from being a multi-millionaire to declaring bankruptcy.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:11

Blackdog
Max'sKansasCity

There are almost ten million millionaires out there! There are plenty of people who can afford a Stones show. You are talking about approx. 325,000- 350,000 tickets for 18 shows in the USA and Toronto to see the Stones. The tickets will sell. It's been 7 years outside the NYC area the last time the Stones played. This is the end as Jim Morrison would say.

10 million millionaires in the USA? No way this is an accurate statement. The population of the nation in 2012 was just under 314 million.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:13

uhbuhgullayew
lem motlow
i know more than a little about finance and the big problem with the stones is that their business model sucks.

They seem to be doing pretty well.

well yes,but let me try to teach you something.

think of the stones like coca-cola.instead of the iconic red can with the white ribbon we have the big tongue design.
you have a tried and true product at the top of its field,everyone knows it. not everyone likes it but enough people that it makes huge money.

now if you were the person running coca-cola and you went to a board meeting and you were giving a status report on the health of the company you would be asked questions

one of them would be- why was our once top selling product destroyed in the market by its nearest competitor?

now if you said "well,we seem to be doing pretty well" the next thing you heard would be"gather your things"

now lets use the actual rolling stones inc as our coca cola and the nearest competitor U2 inc as examples.

what you need to explain to me is how you undervalued our company which was for years the gold standard in live music to the point where we were blown out of the water by a company nobody heard of before 1980?

heres are the figures-
the rolling stones corporation: last live outing-$558 million and an attendance of 4.6 million customers
U2 inc: $738 million and 7.2 million customers

we have a differential $180 million dollars and 2.6 million more people bought their product.

the truth is mick jagger is A HORRIBLE businessman.you can tell he didnt graduate from the LSE i'll tell you that.

for all the money this band has made it should have made four times as much.

he does everything wrong,he looks micro when he should be going macro.they devalue the company at every turn by angering the public,putting their logo on garbage...i swear this guy would put the rolls royce symbol on a line of urinals and brag about how much money it made.

they have no modern day public relations skills-they rely on an outdated version of getting attention at all cost-its just a trainwreck

so yeah,the stones are "doing pretty well" but a kid in college taking a few basic economics courses,when given the data could see they're making about a quarter of what they should.

think of this-everyone of these people complaining on this thread and all the others sitting home because of the price,they are keeping the money they wouldve spent-its staying in their pockets...

Date: April 5, 2013 20:30

uhbuhgullayew
Blackdog
Max'sKansasCity

My mistake, I mean in the world. Around 5 million in the USA.

10 million millionaires in the USA? No way this is an accurate statement. The population of the nation in 2012 was just under 314 million.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:31

There is a sucker born every minute and they are buying 'Hospitality Packages.'

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:31

Max'sKansasCity

This is especially a kind of conclusion I have made. I blame myself for taking part with my little contribution in feeding up the monster we are now wittnessing, and I can no see - even I do hope - no end but it's getting just worse and worse. And the Stones are leading the game, and the lesser acts following their steps.

So, my, little man's big decision, was that count me out. No any cents to this monster any longer, be they as good or bad they are. It is just a rock and roll band (just damn old). There is other good music out there without this mammouth disease.

- Doxa

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:36

Max'sKansasCity

Indeed.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:41

Can we explain this thread to just be able to complain about anything?

I don't like the weather in Seattle today.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:42

71Tele

I'm tired and stressed and need a beer. (in the middle of a multi-cam shoot + live broadcast)

Date: April 5, 2013 20:45

flacnvinyl
71Tele

I'm tired and stressed and need a beer. (in the middle of a multi-cam shoot + live broadcast)

I've been tired and stressed out for 25 years. The beer doesn't help anymore either.

Date: April 5, 2013 20:48

Why the hell are these pretzels making me so thirsty?!

Date: April 5, 2013 20:50

Max'sKansasCity

Is that a complaint or just a question?

Date: April 5, 2013 20:52

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Its a complestion

Date: April 5, 2013 20:53

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Its a complestion

OK, the thread judges have ruled this acceptable.

Excited about "Mad Men", Max?

Date: April 5, 2013 20:56

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Its a complestion

OK, the thread judges have ruled this acceptable.

Excited about "Mad Men", Max?

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:03

looked at some of the tickets for san jose -there is now another question besides "can you afford it? -can you afford the embarrassment?

$1500 for a pair at the back of the first balcony.people may ask how much you paid,then you can either lie or look like a fool.

mc hammer could afford the gold plated toilet seat too,but that didnt stop people from laughing at him.

again, the business model=trainwreck

Posted by: pablorkcz ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:13

lem motlow
looked at some of the tickets for san jose -there is now another question besides "can you afford it? -can you afford the embarrassment?

$1500 for a pair at the back of the first balcony.people may ask how much you paid,then you can either lie or look like a fool.

mc hammer could afford the gold plated toilet seat too,but that didnt stop people from laughing at him.

again, the business model=trainwreck

My thoughts exactly. I'm thinking about buying a pair of Oakland tix on Monday but I'm feeling like I won't want to tell anybody "hey, guess what, I bought some tickets to see the Stones." I may consider "hey, I won some Stones tix in a contest!" instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 21:15 by pablorkcz.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:14

Why do the Stones need the money? Aren't they already filthy stinking rich? Why are they unwilling to give their fans a break? The ticket prices are absolutely ridiculous and we are sheep and we just take it up the ass like it's nothing. Boycott these concerts, I say. Send them a message.

Date: April 5, 2013 21:17

GumbootCloggeroo
Why do the Stones need the money? Aren't they already filthy stinking rich? Why are they unwilling to give their fans a break? The ticket prices are absolutely ridiculous and we are sheep and we just take it up the ass like it's nothing. Boycott these concerts, I say. Send them a message.

Someone who was very wise here suggested they allow us to pay by the song. That would mean I could pay to hear the Mick Taylor slot but avoid rot like "Rock And A Hard Place". This is the next wave of concert ticket pricing.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:25

Well, my comment on the ticket prices. I have never complained about them and will never do so either. I can only speculate in the reason for why they are on a this level today.

It is not The Stones who set the ticket price. So I can never blame them for what I pay for my ticket. They have sold their services as a band to a promotor for 80 plus million USD for 2013. I think that there has been talks about 18 gigs or something. So the promotor has a cost of 80 millions. Now he has to recover his costs and how to do that? Well, simple mathematics, mmmbl... I have 80 million in cost....mmbl... and 18 gigs.....mmmbl...and i will get x amount of people into my venues....aah... that will make 200 usd a head I guess. Then I have some additional cost and then I need to do a profit I gues.....mmmmbl......mbl... OK I need to get an average of 400 usd for every sold ticket. Ok, fine, done deal!

Then you may have some thoughts about why Jagger asks for 80 million USD for 18 gigs and why a promotor is ready to pay Jagger 80 million USD for the tour.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1449
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home