Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 77
Re: In response to BV's post on ticket prices...
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 1, 2013 10:54

Max'sKansasCity
EddieByword
Max'sKansasCity
Is this the correct place to talk about ticket prices?

Only if you've got a nice juicy complaint............smoking smiley

Oh, I don't have any complaints, I was just wondering if this was the correct place.

No, probably not, it seems that everything is justified here

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 1, 2013 11:22

Harm
Max'sKansasCity
EddieByword
Max'sKansasCity
Is this the correct place to talk about ticket prices?

Only if you've got a nice juicy complaint............smoking smiley

Oh, I don't have any complaints, I was just wondering if this was the correct place.

No, probably not, it seems that everything is justified here

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 1, 2013 15:54

bv
tatters

No, he asked that all complaints, about ticket prices or anything else, be in this thread.

If you are invited to a wedding, and spend most of the wedding day talking to everyone how expensive wedding presents are, you are messing up the wedding day, not only for the two who are wedding, but also for other guests.

Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 1, 2013 16:55

everyone needs to remember that BV is the owner of this site, and as such his opinion and perspective count....well, no more than anyone else's...

Date: April 1, 2013 16:56

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 3, 2013 20:55

BUMP

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:15

That USA Today article made me sick. As I said in that thread, I think I actually hate the Rolling Stones now.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: April 3, 2013 22:25

jamesfdouglas
That USA Today article made me sick. As I said in that thread, I think I actually hate the Rolling Stones now.

welcome to the club. you're in the right place, jimmygoat....

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:36

GRNRBITW
jamesfdouglas

welcome to the club. you're in the right place, jimmygoat....

Cheers to you, new-ish guy
smileys with beer

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:41

these pretzels are making me thirsty.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:56

B A R C L A Y CA R D = marketing and customer care incompetence

Get this, held a Barclaycard for years, registered on the Barclaycard Unwind website when it launched (think some time in 2011). How did I hear about the Stones Hyde Park pre-sale?

AEG Live e-mail at 17:39.

Got home, login to the Barclaycard Unwind website, what category of tickets was left (unless you want to go see Bon Jovi too), Tier 3 Standing at the back of the field. DOH

At the very least I'd have expected an e-mail from Barclaycard Unwind before the pre-sale launched, but you know it wouldn't have been such a stretch to expect one directly from Barclaycard too.

A classic case of how not to use a database intelligently.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:18

Yes this is $$$$$$ up! I thought tickets were going to be 50 to 400 bucks? I mean this is insane if you want to see multiple show's! Then all the good seats will be with the $$$$$$$ brokers in the states!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:21

I just tweeted at Grrregory... told him $600/seat is offensive. @hatfieldmedia is mine

Date: April 3, 2013 23:25

I live in LA The $$$$$$ up thing is there is no date even though there starting in LA wow that's genius! By the way i hate seeing them in LA i usually pass except for the LA Forum gig in 06 which was great because that place sounds unreal and that's where i grew up seeing show's.Anaheim show's i go too,the LA thing is 5,000 a ticket and a bunch of so called actors and reality show people trying to get there pictures taken with the stones.

Date: April 3, 2013 23:30

stonesfrkk
I live in LA The $$$$$$ up thing is there is no date even though there starting in LA wow that's genius! By the way i hate seeing them in LA i usually pass except for the LA Forum gig in 06 which was great because that place sounds unreal and that's where i grew up seeing show's.Anaheim show's i go too,the LA thing is 5,000 a ticket and a bunch of so called actors and reality show people trying to get there pictures taken with the stones.

Yup, if there was ever a land of "easy come, easy go BIGmoney" it is LA, although the shows I have seen in LA did kick ass, as they seemed to play up to peers.

Date: April 3, 2013 23:31

Natlanta
these pretzels are making me thirsty.
winking smiley me too

Date: April 3, 2013 23:38

Actually i just thought about the LA gigs there's only like 3 plus weeks away which might be a good thing for buying tickets we might have a decent shot at scoring tier 1 seating because it's going to be so close to showtime. Then we will really see if there's under handed tickets given away to the brokers by the promoters which i know already exists. Wishful thinking though!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:32

ok,where to start.....i always go see the band no matter how ridiculous the prices are because i've been lucky enough in life where it doesnt matter to me, outside of of my wife looking at me a little strange when the bill comes.

i know more than a little about finance and the big problem with the stones is that their business model sucks.

now, you're asking-"lemmy how can you, a fan on the internet question these big bad rockstars and their people who have made billions"?

well,i'll give you the short answer-the U2 360 tour.while the stones were putting up tarps in the upper decks to cover the empty seats U2 were putting fans there.selling the tickets to people who maybe couldnt afford to sit in the front but they still saw the band,had a great night out and hey,they were in the back but the big stage looked great and the band sounded good.
and the U2 tickets were expensive,they just didnt lose their minds in some weird diva-like attempt at having the highest prices.

and it was obvious that the stones wanted that box office record so bad.even keith ,when asked said"yeah but did they play to a million people like we did in rio" no, but if they were their they wouldve keithy boy.

if they were my clients i would treat them like a fighter who just lost a fight-"heres how you got your ass kicked" and the funny part of it is the rolling stones are a better live band than U2 and they made 730 million and walked away looking like a band of the people with the critics and fans fawning all over them.
meanwhile the stones made less money and look like a cynical greedy bunch of old men who hate each other and have pissed off and alienated their fanbase.

and you know what, they still couldve saved it-do some huge shows with cheap tickets as a "thank you to the fans" you have a big summer party everyone has fun and walks away talking about the great rolling stones.[100.000 reasonable tickets brings more revenue than 20,000 stupid priced tickets,its basic economics-this is why wal-mart makes more money than cartier]

good job guys,enjoy the money that you'll never live long enough to spend.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:57

bv
For me the Stones come before family, work, weddings, everything else in life.

eye popping smiley

Date: April 4, 2013 00:59

His Majesty
bv

eye popping smiley

i'm sure he's very popular at home and at work - and everywhere else.

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:18

GRNRBITW
His Majesty
bv

eye popping smiley

I met him a couple of times, and yeah, he is a nice guy

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Date: April 4, 2013 01:19

Rolling Hansie
GRNRBITW
His Majesty
bv

eye popping smiley

I met him a couple of times, and yeah, he is a nice guy

he met me a couple of times too....

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:41

Hey, I'd like to file a formal complaint about all the complainers on here!

Date: April 4, 2013 01:44

shadooby

request denied. complainers rule.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:48

GRNRBITW
shadooby

request denied. complainers rule.

Doh!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:51

Okay, granted some of us are grateful that the 600 is less than the 800 for the top seats, even though we
thought 450-550 was quite horrible on ABB.

What I want to bemoan is the need for a special credit card for the pre-sale, one that is different from the
one I got just for the last time around. New promoter, new rules, new cards. Eeep.

OTOH, on with the shows, for all who can go!

(Good points above, Lem, fascinating!!)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 02:08

Their legacy will be as greedy money grabbers trying to 'wow' audiences with gimmicks and happy to play for brokers and investment bankers....Total 100% Vegas cheese.

instead of barrier breaking blues and rock bad boys that earned them the fame in the first place.

Yes Keith played and sounded better in December. But better than what? Go thru the motions for a chunk of 20 years, outright suck the last part of it, and then play some weak rhythm guitar with zero passion and butchered leads and people say Keith is back? Back to what? He should be handing back money for some of the shit shows they did in the last decade. It was pitiful to see several opening bands blow them off the stage at SARstock.

Wanna REALLY make an impression for their 50th year? Do a free gig on each continent and @#$%& the big stage show. Come out and rock in front of 100,000 people and give something back.

I have the money to afford tix, but am offended by their money grab. Done spending money on them. I feel bad now that I recently bought Black and Blue on CD as I only had it on old worn vinyl. Mick, Keith, Wayne Newton, Barry Manilow, Siegried & Roy. The highest grossing 'Vegas' acts. Something to be proud of. A great legacy for the band.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 4, 2013 02:21

/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 08:47 by Tonstone.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 04:32

Sheesh those tickets are pricey!

Now I know why the tour's called Fifty and Counting

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 4, 2013 05:06

flacnvinyl
I just tweeted at Grrregory... told him $600/seat is offensive. @hatfieldmedia is mine

I'm sure Grrregory will get right back to you...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home