Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 77
Re: jagger says the high ticket prices are because of the cost to put on the show
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 9, 2012 04:09

JumpinJeppeFlash
Haha, where have you been? All this endless whining about ticketprices, they should do a free concert bla bla bla. They don't care about the fans bla bla bla. Many people here refuse to believe they do it for the money.

yeah only fools like you

Re: jagger says the high ticket prices are because of the cost to put on the show
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 9, 2012 04:10

melillo
JumpinJeppeFlash
Haha, where have you been? All this endless whining about ticketprices, they should do a free concert bla bla bla. They don't care about the fans bla bla bla. Many people here refuse to believe they do it for the money.

yeah only fools like you

Get a life and a job.

Date: December 9, 2012 04:12

oh ok i will get right on that

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: December 9, 2012 05:18

JumpinJeppeFlash
melillo
JumpinJeppeFlash

yeah only fools like you

Get a life and a job.

So two people who totally agree with each other about the Stones' motives are blasting away at each other? Oy.

Date: December 9, 2012 05:20

the whole point of this thread are the ridiculous ticket prices which i am right about so droan on people

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 9, 2012 05:21

JumpinJeppeFlash
Jesus, why can people never understand they are doing it for the money and NOT the fans?

My guess is they want both... money and fans. Who are we to blame them?
Want to raise a question of morality? You're going to make Mick laugh!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 9, 2012 05:24

JumpinJeppeFlash
ROPENI
Mick is getting like Keith just talking shit,that no one believes.
The tickets are expensive cause they are a bunch old greedy pathetic old men,that want more and more money,hope they put it in their caskets..>grinning smiley<

So What? No one is forcing you to go, i attended both London shows and paid the price, wont be sorry for that in 30 years when they are long gone.

For the two shows, conservatively, let's say you spent $2000...maybe it's a bit more but let's be conservative. If you invest the whole $2000 in a balanced fund, and averaged 8% growth over that 30 years (8-10% would be the long run average, smoothing out shorter term cyclical gyrations) you would have ended up with $20125.

There is no judgement intended, just telling you that is what you would have had if you had decided to stay home and type notes on IORR instead.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 9, 2012 07:00

They wont be selling $850 seats to play in Detroit anytime soon.

High ticket prices equal bigger pay day.Jagger aint working for peanuts.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 9, 2012 07:42

They accepted the highest offer. It was a massive dick waving contest between promoters and Virgin bid the highest to get the vanity name and the Virgin name on the map in touring.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 9, 2012 08:38

what happened to michael cohl this time around....too busy with other stuff?

i heard that they couldn't find sponsors but it sounds like you're saying virgin sponsored it?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 9, 2012 15:13

I can remember going to see the Stones on the Urban Jungle tour, in 1990, and Voodoo Lounge, in 1995. Compared to other acts, the Stones' ticket prices have always been high.

I can remember paying £18 for Jerry Lee Lewis at Hammersmith, and Bob Dylan at Brixton Academy was £25. Springsteen at the Emirates was £125 though.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 9, 2012 15:22

tomcasagranda
I can remember going to see the Stones on the Urban Jungle tour, in 1990, and Voodoo Lounge, in 1995. Compared to other acts, the Stones' ticket prices have always been high.

I can remember paying £18 for Jerry Lee Lewis at Hammersmith, and Bob Dylan at Brixton Academy was £25. Springsteen at the Emirates was £125 though.

Bristol 27.6.1982..........4 minutes 22 secs..................

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: December 9, 2012 16:21

EddieByword
tomcasagranda

Bristol 27.6.1982..........4 minutes 22 secs..................

Thanks for posting this. I used to live round the corner from Ashton gate and it brings back memories, though this was a bit before my time. Nice to see those old bags getting wound up but bless that little old lady saying the fans had not been a problem at all

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: December 9, 2012 16:32

Easy to understand. If he wasn't a rock star, he would been a financial. Mick loves money. He doesn't like to hear here and there, that U2 make so much money and perhaps more than, not the stones but him. He wants to control everything and it's the same on stage. US Tour 78 was the last one where he loved to be on stage only for music. After this tour all was about his ego and money.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:07

aprilfool
Easy to understand. If he wasn't a rock star, he would been a financial. Mick loves money. He doesn't like to hear here and there, that U2 make so much money and perhaps more than, not the stones but him. He wants to control everything and it's the same on stage. US Tour 78 was the last one where he loved to be on stage only for music. After this tour all was about his ego and money.

but he still has that lovely falsetto. that's something.

Date: December 9, 2012 17:09

JumpinJeppeFlash

it's blah, blah, blah....please.

Date: December 9, 2012 17:37

StonesTod
JumpinJeppeFlash

I sometimes hate the intolerance you show...that is to say, I don't think it is tolerable.

Date: December 9, 2012 17:38

treaclefingers
StonesTod
JumpinJeppeFlash

I sometimes hate the intolerance you show...that is to say, I don't think it is tolerable.

that's nothing compared to my insolence....that is to say that i'm not very solent.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:42

StonesTod
aprilfool

but he still has that lovely falsetto. that's something.
The falsetto is when he forgot to take off his dildo.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:44

melillo
the whole point of this thread are the ridiculous ticket prices which i am right about so droan on people
So you figured out that it's about the money, that it's not really the stage that's reaponsible for the high ticket prices, that it's because the Stones will not go out without a big payday. Congratulations. You are very smart. You should start working on a cure for cancer with such insight.

Date: December 9, 2012 17:48

Rokyfan
melillo
So you figured out that it's about the money, that it's not really the stage that's reaponsible for the high ticket prices, that it's because the Stones will not go out without a big payday. Congratulations. You are very smart. You should start working on a cure for cancer with such insight.

hey, now i think the guy is pretty bright, but let's not have him waste his brilliance on trivial matters....let's set him to work on getting the mogumbo show into the archives release project.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 9, 2012 17:48

I don't think we will be able to withstand any such intolerance for the foreseeable future.

Date: December 9, 2012 17:52

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
JumpinJeppeFlash

that's nothing compared to my insolence....that is to say that i'm not very solent.

What at first blush may seem an opinion, upon further scrutiny may actually be fact-based and scientifically proven.

That is to say, do you dissolve in water?

Date: December 9, 2012 17:56

treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
JumpinJeppeFlash

What at first blush may seem an opinion, upon further scrutiny may actually be fact-based and scientifically proven.

That is to say, do you dissolve in water?

no, i can solve just about anything in water....

Date: December 9, 2012 18:05

Rokyfan
melillo

so you are just another fool trying to justify mick jagger filling his pockets by ripping people off huh? hope you enjoyed your $750 versions of brown sugar, jjf, honky tonk women and satisfaction because none of us have ever heard those songs in concert before

Date: December 10, 2012 00:14

I heard last nights show was pretty average from the reviews i have read

Date: December 10, 2012 03:12

melillo
I heard last nights show was pretty average from the reviews i have read

pretty average for an $800 show or just pretty average for a pretty average show?

Re: The ticket prices complaints thread
Date: December 10, 2012 03:46

pretty average for a an $800 show considering there were at least 12 warhorses

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 10, 2012 04:29

scottkeef
Actually this looks like the most conservative stage design since the 81 tour to me..

You must mean the Out door stage from 81 because the indoor stage I thought was awesome.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 10, 2012 05:03

JumpinJeppeFlash
melillo
JumpinJeppeFlash

yeah only fools like you

Get a life and a job.

I have both, but I am not foolish to give away my money to the Stones ... I'll keep it for myself & spend it on other reasonably priced bands. Examples: I went to 4 shows over the past 2 months: Del-Lords, BB King, Bare Naked ladies/Blues Traveler/Cracker (same show), and Flogging Molly ... cost about $200 combined, and I had a blast at all of them.

Stones aren't the only performers, and face it, they've been doing the same show now since '89.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home