Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 28
Show number 3: Brooklyn NYC Dec. 8 updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 8, 2012 03:21

This thread is for updates and comments regarding the Brooklyn Dec. 8 show. Please post your pre- and post-show thoughs and reports here.

This is the final setlist:

Get Off Of My Cloud
I Wanna Be Your Man
The Last Time
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter (with Mary J. Blige)
Wild Horses
Going Down (with Gary Clark, Jr)
All Down The Line
Miss You
One More Shot
Doom And Gloom
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Honky Tonk Women
--- Band presentations
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy For The Devil
--- Band off stage
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction

If you want a place to meet up then I would recommend this place:

Black Sheep Pub
428 Bergen Street
It is just off the 5th Ave as you walk
approx two blocks down from the Barclays Center

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-09 08:01 by bv.

Re: Show number 3: Brooklyn NYC Dec. 8 updates
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 8, 2012 03:35

After trying for 3 weeks to find tickets at a " reasonable rate" at 3PM today I bought my seats. I found a very nice young man from Stub Hub who called me continously at work with price updates...long story short I paid $200 each below face value for decent seats, side stage left. My friend Marta & I are going!! I'm a wreck, packing and checking things. For those still shopping, as of 3PM there were still seats left, around 380, and the prices were dropping. Good luck, let me know if you got lucky with pricing.I am excited as HELL and can't wait to see Mick Taylor..and Gary Clark Jr, who joined Mick at the White House show. I'm sure you all know but the Stones ARE playing the 12-12-12 show for Hurricane Sandy victims. Good for them!

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: December 8, 2012 03:38

I'm still trying for a single. Confident but def on edge a bit.

Posted by: king ()
Date: December 8, 2012 04:19

Good for you Mickschix!
Have a fantastic night.

Date: December 8, 2012 04:34

Bill Wyman didn't make it overseas?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 8, 2012 05:11

Mickschix - Where are you and Marta going before the show. We've argued on this board about Mick and Keith before. I just bought one ticket off of Ticketmaster for an "unreasonable rate" but I just had to go. It's awful but to see Mick Taylor (I hope he is there) its worth it (maybe). Keith played well and Mick was fantastic in London. I bought only one ticket nobody would pay to go with me. I'll buy you and Marta a drink and we can talk about the Stones.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 8, 2012 06:44

11:30 pm EST I just a pulled up $500 seats on TM for the Barclays Section 16 row 18. I know I have pulled up $800's in this section a few times in the last 5 weeks.

This is the first time I have seen any thing other than $800 seats in any of the lower bowl section for this event.

I also went back in and pulled up an $800 in section 17 row 10, SO one section over and 8 rows lower cost an extra $300.

Ticketnasty, loves to Mind @#$%& us.

Posted by: AlanPartridge ()
Date: December 8, 2012 11:18

Apparently Jodie Marsh has a ticket

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2012 11:41

Ah here we are, Stones fun coming to the USA! Europe staying tuned for some live action on IORR...although that looks like they won't start until 1.30 GMT...

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: December 8, 2012 11:51

Getting up now to take my flight down from Ottawa. This will be a long day!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 8, 2012 12:20

Wishing all of you a great time.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rollingmoose ()
Date: December 8, 2012 14:58

Hope the reviews are as great as the London show ....with great pic and video.... great job in London guys and girls.....the USA shows big shoes to fill....

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 8, 2012 15:07

What time will it be in Europe when the show starts? Around 2AM?

Date: December 8, 2012 15:32

The time difference between NYC and Central Europe is six hours, the US is later time wise, so add 6 hours to 9pm NYC time and you get 3am in the morning of Sunday in Europe, when the show is on, give or take half an hour or so.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: December 8, 2012 15:38

Hum, I'm spending more $$ on planes than on tickets actually. Just arrived in New York from Saigon for show number 3... I'll have a good sleep and then head for the arena. Any meeting point around arena for IORR?

[www.lesoir.be]

Date: December 8, 2012 15:48

I will try to fint a meting place, but I am afraid all bars and places are pretty packed. I walked around last night and for a Friday night with just a basket game at the Barclays Center it was full. So today it might be crammed completely. But meeting up early afternoon should be possible. There is a Starbucks next door or actually to the left of the Barclays Center entrance, in the Barclays Center itself, it is nice and warm, not too packed last night even if there was a game. I will be there for sure to warm my body before the doors open, but I can't drink anything like loads of coffee before the show. Espresso only. But I will find a bar, any locals with suggestions?

Bjornulf

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 8, 2012 16:00

bv
The time difference between NYC and Central Europe is six hours, the US is later time wise, so add 6 hours to 9pm NYC time and you get 3am in the morning of Sunday in Europe, when the show is on, give or take half an hour or so.

Thanks for the clear answer! I don't think I will be following the show online then. Or maybe I should wake up early on Sunday! smiling smiley

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: December 8, 2012 16:38

Hope you all have a fantastic time and if you can post some videos of the show here would be cool. Ya'll be careful as the Christmas shopping days are still happening to. Thanks, Can't wait till the Stones come down south Louisiana
hopefully in 2013.

drummer_dude

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 8, 2012 16:42

I'll be working in my Office in Tokyo on a Sunday morning. But, really looking forward to just being able to read the reports from the show. Have a great time everyone.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2012 16:42

Apparently the official start time is 8PM so going by the O2 shows, it should start around 8.30PM ? Still in the 3AM give or take 30 minutes, but on the good side for us ;-)

Who Is Going To Brooklyn?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 28, 2012 01:19

On a whim I just used my frequent flier miles and got a flight. No ticket yet, but 71Tele will surely be "in the house" for the show in the borough of my birth. Who else is planning on attending?

Re: Who Is Going To Brooklyn?
Date: November 28, 2012 01:24

I wan't to go to Chicago and see them play.

They'll sell out Soldier Field, even on a cold Chicago night...

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: November 28, 2012 01:27

I'm going to hop the subway down to Barclays beforehand and see if I can come up with a cheap ticket (fat chance, I know) but I did just score one for Newark #1, so I've got that going for me...

Pacific Standard is a pretty great little bar a block or so away from the venue. I pre-gamed there last week cefore Dylan - they've got drink specials for concert-goers and were playing the Stones - what's not to love? So if you're looking to wet your whistle before the show, it's not a bad place at all to do so.

[pacificstandardbrooklyn.com]

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 28, 2012 01:49

I got a ticket for the show.

Date: November 28, 2012 01:53

One would think they have to play in Chicago or LA even, Jesus Christ.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 28, 2012 02:15

Does anyone think brokers will drop prices before Dec 5th? I booked a hotel but not sure yet how much I'll spend, or IF I'll go.

Date: November 28, 2012 02:23

JuanTCB
I'm going to hop the subway down to Barclays beforehand and see if I can come up with a cheap ticket (fat chance, I know) but I did just score one for Newark #1, so I've got that going for me...

Pacific Standard is a pretty great little bar a block or so away from the venue. I pre-gamed there last week cefore Dylan - they've got drink specials for concert-goers and were playing the Stones - what's not to love? So if you're looking to wet your whistle before the show, it's not a bad place at all to do so.

[pacificstandardbrooklyn.com]

Cool, Juan. Maybe I'll see you there.

Date: November 28, 2012 02:24

mickschix
Does anyone think brokers will drop prices before Dec 5th? I booked a hotel but not sure yet how much I'll spend, or IF I'll go.

That's the situation I'm in. I did check StubHub today. Decent seats for $500.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: November 28, 2012 02:31

I broke down yesterday, so I will be there! Who's running the pre/post-show get together arrangements? smileys with beer

Date: November 28, 2012 02:34

71Tele
Decent seats for $500.

I paid $350 for a Licks tour seat but $500 is like Keith on Can't Be Seen, "That's just too deep for me baby..."

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home