Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

London Hot Rocks 1 and 2
Posted by: davido ()
Date: January 11, 2005 14:15

Can anybody tell me what the difference was
in the tracks on the London Hot Rocks and
the North America release? I understand there
were different stereo versions of some songs
including Satisfaction and GOMC but otherwise?

Re: London Hot Rocks 1 and 2
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: January 11, 2005 15:23

I think you're confusing record labels with places, which I do all the time. Just the other day, I got on the No. 7 bus to go to Atlantic, but ended up on the Virgin islands. It was only when the bus got to London that I realised I had accidentally got on the No. 8 to Columbia! I felt really stupid.

(The London Hot Rocks was the North American release. The UK release was on Decca.)

Posted by: rimshout ()
Date: January 11, 2005 19:19

Afaik - MFSL did the mastering for the Hot Rocks 1 and Hot Rocks 2 CDs by London Records which have full stereo versions of "Satisfaction" and "Paint it, Black" - superior compared to the crap made by Abkco, who most lokely used different masters.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 11, 2005 19:40

I have both London Records Hot Rocks 1 and 2 which I purchased in early 1986 I believe. They were released prior to the original ABKCO releases. Play With Fire and Mothers Little Helper are also both in stereo. I was surprised PWF wasn't in stereo on the recent ABKCO re-releases. I still prefer the London stereo version over the new SACD version, even though the SACD sound is crisper, it's mono. I do prefer the new stereo version of Mothers Little Helper on Aftermath over the original London release. On the London release, the right side was only Mick's vocals and Brian's sitar. Drums/bass and guitars were all out of the left side so it doesn't really sound even.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: January 11, 2005 21:52

complete information at [www.lukpac.org]

Posted by: davido ()
Date: January 11, 2005 22:40

Great! I finally found a copy,
rare on this side of the Atlantic,
that some sod probably sold for peanuts
at the used store when he "upgraded" to the
SACD. His loss my gain! Actually, I'm glad to have both!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home