Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
GRRR! Autographed Lithographs
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 8, 2012 01:24

You can buy a 300$ autographed lithograph of the original cover artwork of GRRR through Stones Bravadousa shop here : [rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com]

They say "limited edition" but not how many were made.
I think it's a fair price for a litho signed by the author.

Also apparently the "autopen affair" had some echoes as they've just put this picture on FB :

Re: GRRR! Autographed Lithographs
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 8, 2012 01:38

They should have Gregory the Gorilla sign it also.

GRRR!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 01:40 by Hairball.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 8, 2012 01:45

Signed by Walton Ford..no need for autopen then, since it´s signed by a nobody...read unknown...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: December 8, 2012 02:16

gross. who would actually want that?

Date: December 8, 2012 02:44

mickijaggeroo
Signed by Walton Ford..no need for autopen then, since it´s signed by a nobody...read unknown...

Not exactly a "nobody"...

Teach yourself :

[www.google.fr]

[www.newyorker.com]

[www.artnet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 02:48 by kowalski.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 8, 2012 02:51

kowalski
mickijaggeroo

Not exactly a "nobody"...

Teach yourself :

[www.google.fr]

[www.newyorker.com]

[www.artnet.com]

thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 8, 2012 07:49

For just a 1/3 of the price of one Rolling Stones concert ticket this is most certainly a better investment. How good an investment depends, of course, on the size of the edition.
Personally I like the litograph and would not hesitate hanging one on the wall.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 8, 2012 09:51

I like the 50th RS sign more and more and even the gorilla thing actually. Those London shows made me soft...okey,okey I bought a "limited" Litho of this gorilla

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: December 8, 2012 09:56

Harm, I feel the same. The greatness of the London gigs made me start to love it! Hope you're well.

Date: December 8, 2012 15:20

Have the Stones ever asked a "nobody" to do their albums covers?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2012 16:19

Yeah that "nobody" remark wasn't called for...BTW kowalski I sent you en email, did you get it?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 8, 2012 16:50

Well, I have no use for the album itself, but maybe I can buy the album cover litho and store it in the closet with the rest of my Stones crap.

Date: December 8, 2012 16:52

Well, I have no use for the album itself, but I can buy the album cover litho and store it in the closet with the rest of my Stones crap? I'll pass. I'm still waiting for my Brussels Box that I paid way too much money for - although, I guess the fact that it's the best live concert in the history of the world eases the pain a little.

Date: December 8, 2012 17:06

drbryant
Well, I have no use for the album itself, but I can buy the album cover litho and store it in the closet with the rest of my Stones crap? I'll pass. I'm still waiting for my Brussels Box that I paid way too much money for - although, I guess the fact that it's the best live concert in the history of the world eases the pain a little.

When you get it can you let us know how is the sound on vinyl?

A couple of months ago I sent an email to Stones Archive to ask if they had the intention to sell later the vinyl at a "normal" price and the answer was they sell only sell what's available at their on line shop. So I guess it was a no... Anyway I can't see myself buying a vinyl at this price when they can press them by thousands...

Date: December 8, 2012 17:07

gotdablouse
Yeah that "nobody" remark wasn't called for...BTW kowalski I sent you en email, did you get it?

Sorry no email! What adress did you try? You can use "kwlsk505 at gmail dot com".

Date: December 8, 2012 17:49

I used the one in your profile, let me resend with that gmail one then ;-)

Date: December 8, 2012 17:52

kowalski
drbryant

A couple of months ago I sent an email to Stones Archive to ask if they had the intention to sell later the vinyl at a "normal" price and the answer was they sell only sell what's available at their on line shop. So I guess it was a no... Anyway I can't see myself buying a vinyl at this price when they can press them by thousands...

Will do. I suspect it's the same mastering as the CD, but my vinyl rig is better than my digital setup, so I'll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

Date: December 8, 2012 21:31

drbryant
kowalski
drbryant

Will do. I suspect it's the same mastering as the CD, but my vinyl rig is better than my digital setup, so I'll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

Thanks. Looking forward to read what it sounds like.

Date: December 8, 2012 21:53

So it seems it's a run of 1000...that's going to be a lot of signing for Walton Ford ! Although it seems he's done it as the one in the picture seems to be 1000 ? Not sure why the one on the right has a different format (narrower) ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 21:54 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:21

Coming from Bravodo, I question anything that is claimed signed. In the fall they had a lmtd edition of 500 8x10's signed by a well-known group and sold as a bundle with the new CD and a shirt. The photos were auto pen and signatures replicated were not even what the legit ones looked like. They did refund my purchase.

Date: December 8, 2012 22:21

It says 15X20" lithograph in the description. Maybe a perspective effect?

Date: December 8, 2012 22:26

Probably, a pretty massive one though!

Date: December 8, 2012 22:29

Actually it doesn't look like the same thing. Maybe the one on the left is the original painting?

Posted by: Diga55 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 05:18

Why say signed and limited and not say limited to what number??
Brussels affairs box set collectors edition seems to be sold out doesn't have an add to cart anymore, also anybody have any idea when these will actually ship?
Thanks

Date: December 16, 2012 06:58

It was a 1000 apparently, see above. Mine hasn't shipped yet :-( Who elae has ordered one? Can't wait to have it framed?

Posted by: Diga55 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:55

1000 is a large print run for the price, but If you like it then that doesn't matter.
Enjoy
Merry Christmas

Date: December 16, 2012 09:49

The Walton Ford signature will be real I guess. I wouldn't buy anything claimed to be signed by the Stones though. Certainly not an edition in large numbers.

Date: December 19, 2012 08:42

Ordered it december 8th...paid 60$ shipping costs (within 4-5 days)...still nothing. I guess it will be 4-5 days from the date they release it? And that could be next year for all I know..amatures!!

Date: December 19, 2012 11:51

Yeah same here...I added a few t-shirts to "pad" the shipping cost but they don't seem to have much in stock, their website is clearly not "real time". They got back to me quickly when I inquired though. When I asked if they could substitutes an on stock t-shirt they said they could only remove items from an order...Anyway I'll wait since the lithograph was the reason for my order. It should look nice once framed next to my Tattoo You 3D promo display.

It's funny how I wasn't impressed by the gorilla at first and got to like him...I guess the events of the past two months helped...actually all my concerns were gone when I saw that him on that large display behind Charlie's drum kit at the Trabendo!

Date: December 21, 2012 16:11

Wow, dealing with the people at Bravado is like pulling teeth :
- they can't answer a simple question
- don't know when anything shown as "in stock" on their site, but not in fact "in stock", will eventually be in stock...
- find it normal that they charge your CC upfront although they have no idea when your order will ship
- don't know how long an unfulfilled order will stay in limbo

I'm surprised this has not yet gotten back up to the powers that be who have little tolerance for sloppiness !

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home