Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Train Wrecks.
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 9, 2012 18:30

In fairness to Keith, he was focused at the O2 show on the 29th, and he was terrific. A giant performance.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 9, 2012 18:32

Your fairness is fairly appreciated...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 29, 2021 21:15

Justin
Gotta skip to "Street Fighting Man". Specifically the breakdown in the middle: 1:09:45 till 1:10:26 Keith blanks out on the changes and loses his place in the song. Mick gives a couple looks like "WTF?" A big fat trainwreck lasting a minute and a half.

[youtu.be]

Video is gone, which show was that ? I remember buying a VHS tape from the French Stones FC at a record fair sometime in late 94 or early 95 that had a massive SFM train wreck so it must have been from the 94 US Tour, New Orleans maybe ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2021 23:02

GravityBoy
The Joker

Great rumbling rambling train wreck it is!

What's up with Charlie at the beginning?

Truly dreadful.

LOL

Based on what I hear... it isn't Charlie that's the problem.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2021 23:05

A lot of the videos in this thread have been removed. That's unfortunate.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 29, 2021 23:35

steel driving hammer
flacnvinyl
Honestly those odd moments are usually charming. Entire shows though, Cleveland 78, are a different matter. Keith passing out during the intro to Happy is a low point!

They played Satisfaction only once durring that tour in Colorado and it was almost a wreck ie way out of tune.

I have that boot too.

Sometimes the wrecks sound good if you love the band...

My first Stones show....

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 29, 2021 23:37

I've seen Keith forget how to play "Brown Sugar". Vegas & they were headed to Australia post show. I think maybe someone's stash got done up. That show was way..how you say... loose. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 29, 2021 23:43

I've seen Mick go "yea de brown sugar, how about that" through the whole 3rd verse [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 30, 2021 00:37

gotdablouse
Justin
Gotta skip to "Street Fighting Man". Specifically the breakdown in the middle: 1:09:45 till 1:10:26 Keith blanks out on the changes and loses his place in the song. Mick gives a couple looks like "WTF?" A big fat trainwreck lasting a minute and a half.

[youtu.be]

Video is gone, which show was that ? I remember buying a VHS tape from the French Stones FC at a record fair sometime in late 94 or early 95 that had a massive SFM train wreck so it must have been from the 94 US Tour, New Orleans maybe ?

Can't see the vid either but I'm guessing it was 94 Giants Stadium, the VHS was sold at their shows in 94. Glad I bought one since it wasn't for sale in stores afterwards, only the Miami PPV. That song was a train wreck, haven't watched the vid in ages. Finally as Mick is looking at Keith, he nods his head as he starts singing Hey said my name has caused disturbance, as the band laughs.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 30, 2021 01:32

Keith starting Midnight Rambler instead of Paint it Black at Chicago 2 in 2019 was a complete train wreck. Mick started singing, then the song crashed to a stop. Keith said it was his fault, and they shared a warm hug.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 07:45 by bam.

Date: August 30, 2021 01:50

Good one !

There was also a version of "Miss You" where Keith had gone backstage for some reason (was it in Paris in 2017 ?) and Mick was walking back towards the band and did a double take when he noticed Keith wasn't there, hehe.

DGA35
gotdablouse
Justin

[youtu.be]

Can't see the vid either but I'm guessing it was 94 Giants Stadium, the VHS was sold at their shows in 94. Glad I bought one since it wasn't for sale in stores afterwards, only the Miami PPV. That song was a train wreck, haven't watched the vid in ages. Finally as Mick is looking at Keith, he nods his head as he starts singing Hey said my name has caused disturbance, as the band laughs.

Thanks, that would explain why the French fan club (SFC) got a hold of the concert.

EDIT - Yep, found it here [www.youtube.com] - not as bad as I remembered it to be though, hehe...

Good VHS transfer too and the sound is great, the notes explain how it was put togther.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 01:55 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 30, 2021 06:10

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2021 07:05

Munichhilton
Your fairness is fairly appreciated...

you were so condescending 9 years ago Munich.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: August 30, 2021 08:28

Hairball

A post of no value.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 30, 2021 09:29

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 11:29 by Rockman.

Date: August 30, 2021 09:34

Rockman
WHY ????

Call me wrong Rockman but it seems like a YouTube poster’s skit on Keith.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 30, 2021 10:38

bam
Keith starting Midnight Rambler instead of Paint it Black at Chicago 2 in 2019 was a complete train wreck. Mick started singing, then the song crashed to a stop. Keith said it was his fault, and they shared a warm hug.
[m.youtube.com]

That’s my absolute favourite! It was a total brain-fart moment on Keith’s part, though! wrong guitar; wrong key; everything! Great stuff! >grinning smiley<

Date: August 30, 2021 11:17

Yeah, what a useless/shameful video...

So I found the one that shows Keith not being there for the first 1+ minute of Miss You, it was indeed Paris in 2017, on October 22nd. Can't see Mick do the "double take" when he can't see Keith. I might be confusing it with another Keith momentary disappearance.

[www.youtube.com]

--------------

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 30, 2021 11:51

I remember from Boston, Fenway Park 2005 that, on the B stage, Ronnie and Keith started off with IORR, but .... Mick started to sing "I can't get no Satisfaction". It lasted for maybe a minute and than Keith and Ronnie looked at eachother and simultaniously switched to Satisfaction in the process. Great craftmanship!
Fact: Satisfaction was on the setlist, so Mick was right cool smiley

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: August 30, 2021 12:45

gotdablouse

So I found the one that shows Keith not being there for the first 1+ minute of Miss You, it was indeed Paris in 2017, on October 22nd. Can't see Mick do the "double take" when he can't see Keith. I might be confusing it with another Keith momentary disappearance.

[www.youtube.com]

What is funny about this is that Keith not being there makes absolutely no difference to the sound, and in fact when he comes back in he actually makes the song sound worse

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: August 30, 2021 13:00

Interesting thread, but almost all YouTube links posted here are unavailable in the country I am residing (Spain). I have seen the Wimbledon "She's So Cold" wreck in the past, always a pleasure to watch. In a way, it shows that the Stones are unique in being a rhythm band. Like an analog watch: if one of the cogs fail, it all falls apart. The smile of Bill and the big grin of Ronnie are nice too. And it shows that not only Keith, also Mick is in fact part of the rhythm section of the band and on this occasion he's the one who more or less saves the day.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: August 30, 2021 13:05

This one is fun. Charlie had to deal with Keith's unpredictable timing in the intro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 13:25 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: August 30, 2021 13:36

Spielberg was a trainwreck at all but still great fun :-)

Date: August 30, 2021 14:19

Wow, Keith spaced out and playing in some kind of "slow motion" ! It seems he couldn't hear himself well though as he complains about it to the FOS guys.7

@john lomax - yeah that's what I was thinking as well. If anything it allows us to hear more of Mick's guitar. I've always been surprised (since the Atlantic 1989 show probably) at how difficult it is to pick out his guitar from the overall sound. Even when I was super close like at the Trabendo or the O2 for D&G it wasn't easy to identify it! It's probably because it's not very distinctive and also because Ronnie often doubles it up ;-)

--------------

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 30, 2021 14:33

john lomax
gotdablouse

[www.youtube.com]

What is funny about this is that Keith not being there makes absolutely no difference to the sound, and in fact when he comes back in he actually makes the song sound worse

as far as I remember this was not the only time Keith took a break during Miss You. He just doesn't like this song

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 30, 2021 16:02

KingmanBarstow
Hairball

A post of no value.

KingmanBarstow
Rockman
WHY ????

There is some value to it (if you see the humour), and it's been posted here several times since it was made over a decade ago.
And you're not wrong - it was a skit/joke/parody made by someone on youtube - there's several similar ones of other bands.
But instead, maybe you prefer seeing Keith really screw up....plenty of those on youtube.

Date: August 30, 2021 17:55

Hairball
KingmanBarstow
Hairball

A post of no value.

KingmanBarstow
Rockman
WHY ????

There is some value to it (if you see the humour), and it's been posted here several times since it was made over a decade ago.
And you're not wrong - it was a skit/joke/parody made by someone on youtube - there's several similar ones of other bands.
But instead, maybe you prefer seeing Keith really screw up....plenty of those on youtube.

No worries Hairball and no offence to you. I guess that some of them YouTubers must have an awful lot of time on their hands!

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: August 31, 2021 14:25

Train wreck intro, rest of the song is good though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-31 14:27 by yeababyyea.

Date: August 31, 2021 16:33

Perhaps the two most "infamous" (solo and repeat) trainwrecks are the SMU intro at BOTH the 2013 HP shows of course, aka as the "Scarfgate" ;-)

July 6th
[www.youtube.com]

July 13th
[www.youtube.com]
(on this one I'm pretty sure you can hear an IORR member shouting !)

Better sound on this one and you can hear the crowd in a bit of a shock after that flub ;-)
[youtu.be]

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-31 16:36 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: August 31, 2021 17:20

gotdablouse
Perhaps the two most "infamous" (solo and repeat) trainwrecks are the SMU intro at BOTH the 2013 HP shows of course, aka as the "Scarfgate" ;-)

July 6th
[www.youtube.com]

July 13th
[www.youtube.com]
(on this one I'm pretty sure you can hear an IORR member shouting !)

Better sound on this one and you can hear the crowd in a bit of a shock after that flub ;-)
[youtu.be]

Hahahaha great to see the Scarf's finest moments again. In the July 6 one Keith's look of surprise is priceless. The flub on the 13th wasn't quite as bad but still dreadful. I remember being there for both of them - n the 13th I was thee thinking "Man I hope he doesn't do it again" but he did. He flubbed it in Edinburgh 2018 too, and maybe even in Southampton too....

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home