Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Train Wrecks.
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 8, 2012 12:46

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: December 8, 2012 13:04

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
At 3:05 onward for Keith's bit there's a bit of a chuckle but the best part is at 5:14 - give yerself starting at 4:50 or so to enjoy the totality of it! GENIUS!

[www.youtube.com]

OMG! Is almost as bad as shreds videos parodies:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: December 8, 2012 13:56

I know there's audio on youtube, but does anyone know of any videos of the infamous 1981 opening gig st JFK Stadium, Philadelphia? I would especially want to see video of the classic botched intro to Let it Bleed where the guitarists were not all playing in the same key. It was so bad they had to stop. I was there and I recall some kind of discussion between Mick and Ron about what key the song was actually in. It was hilarious.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: December 8, 2012 15:16

Much better the night before:

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: December 8, 2012 17:09

Hopfully we won't be adding to this thread after the PPV!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 8, 2012 17:13

Play it loud.....................

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 8, 2012 17:17

Stones Blah
Hopfully we won't be adding to this thread after the PPV!

I hope we are.grinning smiley

In my opinion, the only thing that COULD make me want to watch/listen to warhorses from the upcoming shows more than once for analytical purposes would be if they trainwreck. Keith starts to play honky tonk woman while chuck starts playing worried about you, charlie mistakenly starts playing Lies, and bill starts playing when the whip comes down all at once. If that happens, i'll probably listen to it 15 times a year for the rest of my life.thumbs up

Date: December 8, 2012 17:25

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steel driving hammer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steel driving hammer
Seems the video is gone from Youtube.

Also if you have the Bootleg from Finland 95 Start Me Up is total wreck.

Mick says "Sorry for that one" after the song.

I'd love to hear that one. Damn, how hard can it be?

I know, it's easy to play but they did f*uck it up bad.

I have it the boot, thanks to Marko who IS from Finland!

Can ya put it on youtube?

Yeah I'll try this weekend, but I never did that before, plus I'm thinking it might be hard and I'll get frustrated.

But this will be a busy weekend, football, STONES, women, wine and song my brother.

Not that good w/ uploads and downloads either but I'll give it a shot.

Gotta find the boot first too you know.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 8, 2012 17:44

Let's Spend the Night Together, Tokyo 2006. Umm . . . . Keith?

Respectable, Barcelona 2007. this is a mess, but I've actually heard worse. I don't think they've played a decent version of this song since 1978.

Date: December 8, 2012 17:45

steel driving hammer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steel driving hammer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steel driving hammer

Yeah I'll try this weekend, but I never did that before, plus I'm thinking it might be hard and I'll get frustrated.

But this will be a busy weekend, football, STONES, women, wine and song my brother.

Just found the boot it's Helsinki 6/6/95 Start Me Up, (just listened) Mick says "Sorry bout that one" after the song.

Any advice on how to put cdr's on youtube please. I've NEVER done that. Don't even have a youtube account.

Another problem, Mick says "Sorry bout that one" AFTER the track changes from 9 to 10 so how do you mesh them together?

Thanks boys!

Stones.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 8, 2012 17:47

steel driving hammer
steel driving hammer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steel driving hammer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steel driving hammer

Just found the boot it's Helsinki 6/6/95 Start Me Up, (just listened) Mick says "Sorry bout that one" after the song.

Any advice on how to put cdr's on youtube please. I've NEVER done that. Don't even have a youtube account.

Another problem, Mick says "Sorry bout that one" AFTER the track changes from 9 to 10 so how do you mesh them together?

Thanks boys!

Stones.

he shoulda said "sorry about that one" after all the songs at the oakland bigger bang show...but i guess his sorrow was a given....

Date: December 8, 2012 17:52

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 17:56 by steel driving hammer.

Date: December 8, 2012 17:53

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 17:56 by steel driving hammer.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 8, 2012 18:07

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 8, 2012 18:14

The Joker

Great rumbling rambling train wreck it is!

What's up with Charlie at the beginning?

Truly dreadful.

Date: December 8, 2012 18:40

Somebody replaced his timing in that horrible solo! It's All Over Now, that is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 18:51 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Date: December 8, 2012 18:42

drbryant
Let's Spend the Night Together, Tokyo 2006. Umm . . . . Keith?

Respectable, Barcelona 2007. this is a mess, but I've actually heard worse. I don't think they've played a decent version of this song since 1978.

Man, those were rough. Glad to see keith is looking healthier now than in 07, because he was embarrassingly out of it. Keith was obviously the weak link on that LSTNT clip, but on respectable it seemed like multiple component failures at once likely triggered by keith.

Date: December 8, 2012 18:45

stonesnow
Also from the 13 Nervous Breakdowns boot posted above from the same May 27, 1995 Paradiso show in Amsterdam, this version of Before They Make Me Run is just like the blurb says--useless. The first attempt at the song begins at 19:15. The second attempt begins at 19:25. It doesn't improve from there....

Holy crap! That's birlliantly awful! What is he doing? He's playing it like it's from MAIN OFFENDER and sounds like he's just making words up on the spot that he doesn't know! Hilarious! GENIUS!

Date: December 8, 2012 19:19

What the hell. How come when I post a youtube video all that shows is the link?

Date: December 8, 2012 19:27

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Copy and paste the URL my brother...

Date: December 8, 2012 19:30

steel driving hammer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

I did! The entire link from the browser!

Date: December 8, 2012 19:31

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steel driving hammer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

I did! The entire link from the browser!

Still no video pic came up?

I haven't started on the Helsinki train wreck but gimme time.

You can call me and hear it through the phone if you want...

Date: December 8, 2012 19:45

Love the expressions in the Shes So Cold" video. At 5:15 Ronnie looks over at Keith and almost seems a bit amazed.
At 5:50 Charlie shows one quick expression that IMO shows how he has run supreme in the eye of the storm for so many years. No matter all the quiet confused charm - he's a bad-ass, LOL.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 8, 2012 20:40

stonesdan60
I know there's audio on youtube, but does anyone know of any videos of the infamous 1981 opening gig st JFK Stadium, Philadelphia? I would especially want to see video of the classic botched intro to Let it Bleed where the guitarists were not all playing in the same key. It was so bad they had to stop. I was there and I recall some kind of discussion between Mick and Ron about what key the song was actually in. It was hilarious.

Can't find any video but here's the audio. Ron Wood at 0:32: "It's a good thing we do ????? It's one good tune!... Had a feeling it was G. Right!"

Date: December 8, 2012 20:45

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
At 3:05 onward for Keith's bit there's a bit of a chuckle but the best part is at 5:14 - give yerself starting at 4:50 or so to enjoy the totality of it! GENIUS!

Fixed it for you. When you copy and paste, just delete the "s" in https. When I copy and paste, it has a line between the "watch?" and the "v=" which if I don't delete would just show up as a link.

Date: December 8, 2012 21:01

This one is also listed on the 13 Nervous Breakdowns back cover, from the 1981 tour opener from Philadelphia on September 25, 1981. The sloppiness of their drunken guitars was certainly endearing in those days.

Date: December 8, 2012 21:06

stonesnow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Fixed it for you. When you copy and paste, just delete the "s" in https. When I copy and paste, it has a line between the "watch?" and the "v=" which if I don't delete would just show up as a link.

That's weird. Something must've changed. Thanks for figuring that out. I'll do my best to remember. Used to be able to just click on the link and copy it. There are other sites where you have to remove the whole bit prior to the letters, from the h to the ?. Isn't THAT weird?

Posted by: PhilipStaniforth ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:47

I thought Gimme Shelter had a very near miss at the first night of the O2. Check out the clip from about 1.25. At 1.35 Keith loses his way and then has a wrong key moment. He doesn't really recover.

Date: December 8, 2012 21:52

PhilipStaniforth
I thought Gimme Shelter had a very near miss at the first night of the O2. Check out the clip from about 1.25. At 1.35 Keith loses his way and then has a wrong key moment. He doesn't really recover.

HONK! Hilarious! What he plays at 1:39 through 1:41 is brilliant! HA HA!!!!!!! I love those kind of screw ups! He totally goes out of key and doesn't notice! Seems like he thought there was going to be some more singing perhaps.

He laid a egg is another song from one of those nights, I can't remember what song it was but it was a similar scenario - a screw up out of key for just a few seconds.

Date: December 9, 2012 17:10

Here's a funny train wreck i just stumpled across from 1981. They're doing let it bleed and Mick just keeps repeating himself.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1345
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home