Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Train Wrecks.
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 7, 2012 23:53

OK... I can't find it.

Where is the video of the Keith v Charlie battle?

Was it "She's so cold"?

At Wembley?

Re: Train Wrecks.
Date: December 8, 2012 00:32

There's video but can't find it right now.

Also Start Me Up Finland 95.

Date: December 8, 2012 00:34

There is a video.

Keith turns round and stares at Charlie.

Where's it gone?

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: December 8, 2012 00:37

Funny! Keith seems to be so hot for..but Charlie is so cold or the other way around?

Date: December 8, 2012 03:21

At 3:05 onward for Keith's bit there's a bit of a chuckle but the best part is at 5:14 - give yerself starting at 4:50 or so to enjoy the totality of it! GENIUS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 21:06 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Date: December 8, 2012 03:25

Am I doing something wrong to not have the video show up as a still picture?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 03:27 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 8, 2012 03:26

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
At 3:05 onward for Keith's bit there's a bit of a chuckle but the best part is at 5:14 - give yerself starting at 4:50 or so to enjoy the totality of it! GENIUS!

[www.youtube.com]

Ouch! grinning smiley

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 8, 2012 03:27

steel driving hammer

Man, i had never heard that. Total cringe worthy, horrible, awesomeness. I wish there was video. I got the impression keith wanted to play she's so cold slower than charlie did.

If anybody remembers other train wreck stones videos, please post them. I love them. I found one months ago but forgot what i typed into youtube to find it. It was probably the 07 tour and keith was playing nonsense like he'd forgotten how to play.

Date: December 8, 2012 03:29

arthritis
steel driving hammer

Man, i had never heard that. Total cringe worthy, horrible, awesomeness. I wish there was video. I got the impression keith wanted to play she's so cold slower than charlie did.

If anybody remembers other train wreck stones videos, please post them. I love them. I found one months ago but forgot what i typed into youtube to find it. It was probably the 07 tour and keith was playing nonsense like he'd forgotten how to play.

The video is even better than it sounds!!!! Bill even smirks!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 8, 2012 03:30

Brians recorder playing during 1967 European tour is interesting.

Date: December 8, 2012 03:31

Here's another train wreck that made me cringe. Don't get me wrong, i'm not making fun. I just enjoy the cringeworthy moments along with the great performances alike. Unlike the controlled environment of a stones concert, i can understand how something like this would lend itself to a train wreck.

Date: December 8, 2012 03:32

It's not a train wreck but there's a good one, 1989 Atlantic City, Miss You - Ronnie starts in on his solo, he's in front, Mick and Keith are behind him, Ronnie does a round or two and then...runs out of neck and starts hitting harmonics around the second fret - Mick looks at Keith and Keith just nods his head... a nice moment really.

Date: December 8, 2012 03:40

Seems the video is gone from Youtube.

Also if you have the Bootleg from Finland 95 Start Me Up is total wreck.

Mick says "Sorry for that one" after the song.

Date: December 8, 2012 03:44

steel driving hammer

I'd love to hear that one. Damn, how hard can it be?

Date: December 8, 2012 03:45

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steel driving hammer

I know, it's easy to play but they did f*uck it up bad.

I have it the boot, thanks to Marko who IS from Finland!

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: December 8, 2012 03:55

arthritis
Here's another train wreck that made me cringe. Don't get me wrong, i'm not making fun. I just enjoy the cringeworthy moments along with the great performances alike. Unlike the controlled environment of a stones concert, i can understand how something like this would lend itself to a train wreck.

Wow, must not have been too long ago.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 8, 2012 04:06

Honestly those odd moments are usually charming. Entire shows though, Cleveland 78, are a different matter. Keith passing out during the intro to Happy is a low point!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 8, 2012 04:07

Gotta skip to "Street Fighting Man". Specifically the breakdown in the middle: 1:09:45 till 1:10:26 Keith blanks out on the changes and loses his place in the song. Mick gives a couple looks like "WTF?" A big fat trainwreck lasting a minute and a half.

[youtu.be]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 04:11 by Justin.

Date: December 8, 2012 04:12

flacnvinyl
Honestly those odd moments are usually charming. Entire shows though, Cleveland 78, are a different matter. Keith passing out during the intro to Happy is a low point!

They played Satisfaction only once durring that tour in Colorado and it was almost a wreck ie way out of tune.

I have that boot too.

Sometimes the wrecks sound good if you love the band...

Date: December 8, 2012 06:08

steel driving hammer
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
steel driving hammer

I know, it's easy to play but they did f*uck it up bad.

I have it the boot, thanks to Marko who IS from Finland!

Can ya put it on youtube?

Date: December 8, 2012 06:10

Justin
Gotta skip to "Street Fighting Man". Specifically the breakdown in the middle: 1:09:45 till 1:10:26 Keith blanks out on the changes and loses his place in the song. Mick gives a couple looks like "WTF?" A big fat trainwreck lasting a minute and a half.

[youtu.be]

Ha ha. I've listened to it for years on the live boot, always wondered what they were doing. Nothing's changed! Keith just...lost, as usual, standing there, hearing something no one else does!

Date: December 8, 2012 06:35

Justin

[youtu.be]

You just gotta wonder what everybody in the band is thinking while Keith is missing the chord changes. Because suddenly Ron finds himself weaving with a retard and Mick doesn't know when/what to start singing. In fact, "Weaving with a retard" would've been a great sensational title for Ron's autobiography. He would've sold more copies.grinning smiley

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 8, 2012 08:33

steel driving hammer

The reason you couldn't find the video is because it's hidden behind another track as part of a longer video. It wasn't so much a Keith vs. Charlie confrontation, but more of a general all-around F-up, where everyone just loses their place in the song and start cracking up. But it does sound like Charlie didn't have the right rhythm to start with, and it sort of undermines everyone else's efforts. You can see Charlie grinning throughout. Even Bill is having a laugh. It begins at 3:00.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 8, 2012 08:43

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 08:44 by Doc.

Date: December 8, 2012 09:07

From the 13 Nervous Breakdowns collection posted above, It's All Over Now is all over almost before it starts. This train wreck begins rolling tentatively at 5:59 and derails soon after.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 09:08 by stonesnow.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: December 8, 2012 09:08

Hahaha, brilliant!
Is that one in the stonesarchive?

Date: December 8, 2012 09:29

Also from the 13 Nervous Breakdowns boot posted above from the same May 27, 1995 Paradiso show in Amsterdam, this version of Before They Make Me Run is just like the blurb says--useless. The first attempt at the song begins at 19:15. The second attempt begins at 19:25. It doesn't improve from there....

Date: December 8, 2012 09:35

shattered1978
Hahaha, brilliant!
Is that one in the stonesarchive?

I don't know. It's just on YouTube, the full show in three parts. Google for part 1 and the other 2 parts are on the sidebar list. The 2 featured tracks from 13 Nervous Breakdowns aside, the whole show seemed to lack energy, enthusiasm and competence.

Date: December 8, 2012 12:19

stonesnow
steel driving hammer

The reason you couldn't find the video is because it's hidden behind another track as part of a longer video. It wasn't so much a Keith vs. Charlie confrontation, but more of a general all-around F-up, where everyone just loses their place in the song and start cracking up. But it does sound like Charlie didn't have the right rhythm to start with, and it sort of undermines everyone else's efforts. You can see Charlie grinning throughout. Even Bill is having a laugh. It begins at 3:00.

That's it thanks!

I love where Mick is thinking "how the hell do I move to this?"

It's beautiful.

Date: December 8, 2012 12:24

stonesnow
From the 13 Nervous Breakdowns collection posted above, It's All Over Now is all over almost before it starts. This train wreck begins rolling tentatively at 5:59 and derails soon after.

WOW!

Keith.

Did someone replace his strings with rubber bands?

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home