Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

it`s only rock n roll bowie special guest now ???
Posted by: blockheadblue ()
Date: December 7, 2012 14:24

wouldn`t that be nice...for the new york shows.
just a dream it isn`t gonna happen i know.
he didn`t even give a mention in the pre show film.
also at the end of the shows i thought we were gonna have a ticker tape affair with lots of little toungue logos falling from the roof with some balloons smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 15:41 by bv.

Re: it`s only rock n roll bowie special guest now
Date: December 7, 2012 14:26

He's retired, due to illness, no?

Posted by: blockheadblue ()
Date: December 7, 2012 14:44

He or hes press person has never ever issued a statement to say or not say that he has retired.

due to illness or otherwise.

regarding illness there has never ever also been any comment also to say or not to say this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-07 14:45 by blockheadblue.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 7, 2012 14:45

DandelionPowderman
He's retired, due to illness, no?

I keep hearing he got fat & is ashamed to be seen. Especially because of the "thin white duke" reputation.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 7, 2012 14:46

Didnt he have some sort of heart issues a while back? He may have gotten bypass surgery

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 7, 2012 15:10

He is not fat. He is enjoying his life with his new daughter and has been seen out and about in NY. He had a major heart issue during the European leg of his Reality tour, and was bloated a while because of the meds he was on. But now looking pretty good. He has been sporadically active throughout the years since Reality. Playing live with Arcade Fire, The Killers, producing a song on Scarlet Johanson's Tom Wait's tribute album, and other odd projects. But he is keeping a LOW profile. He wouldn't appear with The Stones. No way. Won't happen.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 7, 2012 15:13

whitem8
He is not fat. He is enjoying his life with his new daughter and has been seen out and about in NY. He had a major heart issue during the European leg of his Reality tour, and was bloated a while because of the meds he was on. But now looking pretty good. He has been sporadically active throughout the years since Reality. Playing live with Arcade Fire, The Killers, producing a song on Scarlet Johanson's Tom Wait's tribute album, and other odd projects. But he is keeping a LOW profile. He wouldn't appear with The Stones. No way. Won't happen.

...and no Ringo on 'I wanna be your man'...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 7, 2012 15:19

Mick & Dave have a track record for appearing live together.

It could be a funny train wreck (again).

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: December 7, 2012 15:34

I think I saw these pix on another IORR thread a while back.

The article gives a good brief update on what he's been up to.

He looks fine and appears to be enjoying life.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: December 8, 2012 08:53

whitem8

whitem8 is entirely correct. I also read something a while ago that Bowie does not like dealing with the music industry corporate types anymore (maybe at his current label?). I am not sure if the music rights (Bowie's catalogue, or some of it) may revert to him soon. Personally if I was him I would also have been a bit ticked all those years ago when the record company of the time turned down his 'Toy' album as well

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 8, 2012 10:51

Come On
whitem8

...and no Ringo on 'I wanna be your man'...

I would have left the building...

TE
Oslo

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 10, 2012 00:33

Thanks for that video- I don't think I've ever seen that.
I'm a Major Bowie fan and I gotta say, 2 new songs, 5 (6 now actually) shows, and a bunch of great live CDs (for about $5). etc. - right around now I'd cut off a toe for that. (Not that anyone would want one of my toes, but you know what I mean).
I too hold out (slim) hope that Bowie might show up on 12/15 - or 121212.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 10, 2012 00:47

Please no. Bowie sucks.

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 10, 2012 01:49

Why not? But I think Bowie is retired for good.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 04:46

jazzbass,you suck,bowie is a legend fool.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 10, 2012 07:24

jazzbass
Please no. Bowie sucks.

That's a most unfortunate label...Shame you see it that way.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 10, 2012 07:30

backstreetboy1
jazzbass,you suck,bowie is a legend fool.

So is Jack the Ripper.

Date: December 10, 2012 07:45

jazzbass, sorry but Bowie was brilliant and released some very important music. You many not like him, but should appreciate talent. The man has one of the best voices as well.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 10, 2012 08:31

GravityBoy

3 of my biggest heroes, and then they perform with their noses wide open. Jeez it's bad.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 10, 2012 08:33

Yeah that video is bad. The song was never that great by them either.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 10, 2012 10:08

Bowie reportedly suffered a minor heart attack backstage at a Manchester concert in 2003. Everyone reacts differently and he obvsiously feels his time in the limelight has reached a conclusion. He seemingly prefers to keep a low profile and concentrate on family life. Good for him.

Date: December 10, 2012 10:19

Actually it was pretty serious. He had to have immediate angioplastic procedure for an almost completely blocked artery. He thought he had a pinched nerve in his arm. And prior to the show his physio agreed it was most probably a nerve. Then during the show he started feeling feint and the pain increased. He stopped mid performance, when backstage and tour physician informed him he was having a heart attack. He was rushed to hospital and had the emergency procedure.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 10, 2012 14:38

....It's Only Rock n Roll indeed....Bowie is a legend...KR called him a poser...Bowie never responded to his credit. Class act, and revered as he should be.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 14:44

Bowie sucks ? I've never heard of such a thing.

Date: December 10, 2012 14:51

JumpingKentFlash
GravityBoy

3 of my biggest heroes, and then they perform with their noses wide open. Jeez it's bad.

+ Rick Parfitt on guitar. The second best riff-maker of all time thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home