Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: OT: Any "Homeland" fans out there?
Date: April 27, 2020 18:06

Happy with season 8. Can't wait for today's episode!

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: April 27, 2020 18:56

WOW! What a wild ride in Season 8! The series finale wasn't as good as Breaking Bad's, but it was way better than any other series finale. A great season to end a great series. It was a nice touch to begin the final episode with a Nicholas Brody video - it brought the series full-circle, plus there was a message for the way the story ended.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-27 18:57 by 5stringTele.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 28, 2020 00:46

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 28, 2020 02:34

5stringTele
It was a nice touch to begin the final episode with a Nicholas Brody video - it brought the series full-circle, plus there was a message for the way the story ended.

I agree. I thought it was brilliant. Basically now Carrie is at the same point that Brody was at. And that is why the episode has that title as well. A really great finale. And thanks for bringing back her and Brodys daughter - in a way. It would have been unfair not to bring her up again. So - thanks for this great show! Brilliant cast!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 28, 2020 22:18

Damn, I will miss this show now. I will miss Carrie and Saul. Such good actors. Although, to be honest, the screenplay for season 8 has been so-so. Sometimes even ridiculous.
But since I already swallowed the bait long time ago it didn't bother me that much. I wouldn't mind a sequel of sorts. But I guess that is out of the question?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 28, 2020 23:48

Stoneage
Damn, I will miss this show now. I will miss Carrie and Saul. Such good actors. Although, to be honest, the screenplay for season 8 has been so-so. Sometimes even ridiculous.
But since I already swallowed the bait long time ago it didn't bother me that much. I wouldn't mind a sequel of sorts. But I guess that is out of the question?

Possibly a movie down the line?....

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 29, 2020 01:36

Paddy
Stoneage

Possibly a movie down the line?....

Great ending. Loved Saul telling Carrie to go f herself, then getting the package at the end.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 30, 2020 18:28

I am so glad that Homeland had a decent and satisfying ending. Unlike Game of Thrones.
And by not messing up the ending there is a good chance for a Homeland movie in a few years.

Season Five was my favorite for Homeland. The action took place in Germany and Europe which is a bit exotic to me in America. Lots of nasty European villains in Season Five. And Quinn is featured.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 30, 2020 21:57

Yep, it feels a bit empty now that it's gone after nine years and eight seasons. Even though the first seasons were remarkably stronger. But why leave a milking cow?
I would start writing on season nine immediately. There is an audience - why throw in the towel?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home