Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14
Re: OT: Any "Homeland" fans out there?
Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 11:45

Stoneage
Apparently SVT (Swedish public service tv) will show "True Detective" starting this month. It looks promising to me.
I know it has already been shown on HBO so I'm wondering if someone would recommend it. Is it worth a watch? Something to do in wait of season 5 of Homeland...

Definitely recommend True Detective - it's fantastic. Very dark. Acting is truly superb. Episode 4 is jaw-dropingly good.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 17, 2015 13:42

Stoneage
Apparently SVT (Swedish public service tv) will show "True Detective" starting this month. It looks promising to me.
I know it has already been shown on HBO so I'm wondering if someone would recommend it. Is it worth a watch? Something to do in wait of season 5 of Homeland...

TRUE DETECTIVE IS SUPERB..MUCH BETTER THAN HOMELAND ,IMHO

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 17, 2015 14:46

I agree really not even close, True Detective is an existential masterpiece.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 17, 2015 16:28

Yep another +1 for True Detective here. Great stuff. My Italian wife had trouble with the accents but I guess will be dubbed or subtitled in Sweden?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 17, 2015 17:25

Thanks for your recommendations. I'm looking forward to the premiere episode. Subtitled, exhpart. They never dub films here except for children's movies.

Date: March 5, 2015 00:47

Seen three episodes of True Detective so far. Building up nicely. Dragging a bit though. But I'll take it the action is set for next episode. Nice cinematography and really good dialogue.
And of course the contrast between the two detectives. One a anti-social Schoperian nihilist and the other one your average Joe cop (including cheating on the side).
Looking forward to the next episode and, hopefully, some action.

Date: September 23, 2015 01:41

It was a while since I posted here! Anyway, season 5 of Homeland is coming up on October 4. It will be aired within 24 hours from the American date on SVT here in Sweden. Already looking forward to it!
This time the story will take place in Berlin, Germany. And other locations, of course. Am I the only one looking forward to season 5 of this series? Here is a trailer: [www.sho.com]

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 11:22

Homeland is awesome. Totally hooked to this show. For Dutch fans: season 5 will be broadcasted on NPO3, every friday evening, starting 9 October. Great news.You go Carrie!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 23, 2015 11:33

Will be interesting to see which direction the story goes. Wonder what will become of Saul.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 23, 2015 19:20

Yes, I need to get in from the first season and catch-up. I have caught a couple
episodes and really enjoyed them. I enjoy Bates Motel but that is the only one lately that has hooked me - but I'm always a season behind as I wait for the DVD's.

Date: September 23, 2015 23:15

Seems like we're going to be a week behind the schedule here in Sweden this time around. Some detached executives saving money I guess...

Date: October 5, 2015 07:33

Season 5 premieres this evening in the U.S. . It will be aired here in Sweden within 24 hours (the new deal...) on SVT Play and SVT24. It would be interesting to hear your opinions about the new season here.
Please wait 24 hours to reveal too much of the episode so that you don't spoil the plot for us "left behind" here in Europe. Thanks.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 5, 2015 15:32

Yes, been watching since season 1, saw new show last night. Won't give away, but as the show (to me) held part fascination for cutting edge 'now, real time' political world espionage/information, this season preview w/ Carrie moving to Germany I thought: huh? But no worries, indeed it will tie in to current holy heck.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: October 5, 2015 16:56

I admit yesterday I did not listen to the Stones but I did binge watch several episodes of HOMELAND and the season premier.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 5, 2015 17:50

I found the first episode boring. I was hoping for some big hook. Didn't happen.

Date: October 6, 2015 02:01

I think it was a promising first episode. Nice with a change of scenery. The story seems very up to date with the Syria crisis and the mentioning of Isis.
I think this season will turn out good (or bad depending how you look at it...).

Date: October 6, 2015 07:12

I'm with white8 on this one. But it will probably explode with excitement half way through the season.

Date: October 12, 2015 19:28

Just watched episode 2 and I'm already impressed. I would say they're back on track. Probably shouldn't say too much more, don't want to spoil it for anyone. Enjoy the show.

Date: October 12, 2015 23:44

Thanks Frankotero, I'm off to watch the episode now as it starts in two minutes...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 13, 2015 03:39

Stoneage
I think it was a promising first episode. Nice with a change of scenery. The story seems very up to date with the Syria crisis and the mentioning of Isis.
I think this season will turn out good (or bad depending how you look at it...).

ISIS and Syria are hardly new developments. I actually got the opposite sense: the whole season could already be out-of-date given the new Russian involvement. About to watch ol' crazy eyes in Episode 2 now.

The female German agent who dined with Saul in Ep. 1 plays the title character in a very cool spy film set in the Stasi era called Barbara. It is on Netflix, and far surpasses anything that Homeland has to offer.

Date: October 13, 2015 14:11

Thanks for the tip, Dean. I have heard about that film but never watched it. Maybe I should. When it comes to Homeland I'm not so eager for everything to be spot on accurate.
I'm very aware it's mostly fiction. But I think it's close enough to reality to make it exciting.

Date: October 19, 2015 23:45

Soon time for episode 3 (in 10 minutes). There have been some talk here about the political correctness of the series. Some say it's islamophobic or even racist.Maybe that's the reason
they didn't show it on a main channel as they used to do (now it's shown on SVT24). Who knows? I'm not one of those who easily buys those kind of arguments.
Anyway, I'm off now to watch the third episode. Let's hope it's a good one...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 20, 2015 01:38

Stoneage
Some say it's islamophobic or even racist.

Funny stuff:

[www.nytimes.com]

Look forward to your review ...

Date: October 20, 2015 02:09

I Heard about the grafitti earlier, Dean. And I do agree with the critique up to a point. Sure they are working with stereotypes and chliches like most shows do. I do not mistake the series for a documentary though.
I rather see it as fiction with a political connotation. Or something like that. The third episode? Very much a transportation episode I guess. But I'm still hanging on...

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 20, 2015 02:18

The first two Seasons of Homeland remain unsurpassed in terms of suspense and intrigue.

I wonder if the creators wish they had kept Brody alive for longer. Perhaps Lewis's availability or commitment was a factor - does anyone know?

Olly.

Date: October 20, 2015 02:31

Olly
The first two Seasons of Homeland remain unsurpassed in terms of suspense and intrigue.

That is true of course, Olly. Like most series I guess. I don't know about Damian Lewis's commitment. I'm not so sure I miss him (his character rather) that much though.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 20, 2015 02:40

I'm just thinking about Breaking Bad, and the criminal activity undertaken by Walt over five Seasons, and felt the tension of the first two Seasons of Homeland could easily have been not only maintained but developed over many more Seasons.

I remember watching Season 3 (the last Season I've watched) and, although still featuring Brody in a reduced role, I felt almost as if I was watching a different programme.

Olly.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: October 20, 2015 05:25

When they killed off Brody, they killed the show.

Date: October 27, 2015 01:51

Just watched episode 4. Still engaging. What about Allison Carr? Is she a crook or not? It certainly looks like that...

Date: October 27, 2015 07:16

Holy cow, the end of episode 4 was a shocker. I would say they're completely back on track. I was beginning to think Saul was the bad guy, then again that can change. Keeps me on my toes.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home