Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14
Re: OT: Any "Homeland" fans out there?
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 1, 2018 00:20

Would have been cool if she ran into Jack Bauer while she was in that prison.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 1, 2018 00:29

I just hope that she will end up living with Franny - a kind of normal life. Poor child. I loved that show.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 1, 2018 15:01

Homeland is just an amazing show! Most TV shows run out of gas in three or four seasons tops but Homeland continues with great plots and story lines and great acting, especially Claire Danes!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 1, 2018 17:59

I don't know what to think really. Season 7 hasn't been all that bad but not good either. A bit too much focus on Carries personal life and illness. But still I will look forward to next season. The last one, apparently.

Date: May 1, 2018 18:13

Stoneage
I don't know what to think really. Season 7 hasn't been all that bad but not good either. A bit too much focus on Carries personal life and illness. But still I will look forward to next season. The last one, apparently.

I was so glad that they found a way to write out her relationship w/ her daughter. A) I could not stand the bizarre fake way she spoke to her girl as if she was a 2 year old moron, and cool smiley I want to see Carrie kick some Spy ass.
It's weird - I didn't even know that it was the season ending episode. You see Saul thinking he's going to get a Hello hug, and she runs past him and takes a knee.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 1, 2018 19:10

Hmm, the episode before last was a return to former glory in my opinion. I had mixed feelings about the finale, personally I felt they stretched out the president story a little too much, even though it's important. For my taste they could have focused more on capturing the Russian Spy. I enjoyed that part of the story line. Overall it wasn't bad but to be honest I don't need another season. Not unless they pour it on strong.

Date: May 1, 2018 19:35

I think Claire (Danes) said in an interview, was it with Howard Stern?, that she thought her character, Carrie, was a bit "over the top". There she also revealed that there will be a season 8.
The last one. I think Claire is done with the series after 8 seasons. I guess she would like to do something else...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-01 19:38 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: May 27, 2018 07:42

If you like homeland check out fauna on Netflix. Fantastic

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 27, 2018 10:06

The best thing about "Homeland" so far :
[www.theguardian.com]

Date: May 27, 2018 12:19

dcba
The best thing about "Homeland" so far :
[www.theguardian.com]

I would say those countries involved here (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran etc) have done a much better job to present a negative picture of the Middle East and islam than "Homeland" would ever be able to make.
But of course this type of critism will always come. You can't please everyone.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 27, 2018 12:55

Donnebr

Thanks for the tip:

Fauda
2018 2 Seasons

A top Israeli agent comes out of retirement to hunt for a Palestinian fighter he thought he'd killed, setting a chaotic chain of events into motion.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: May 28, 2018 04:37

Just finished season 1. A very strong show

Date: May 16, 2019 02:19

Seems like a long wait for season 8 (not as long as waiting for a new Stones album though, thankfully). Latest word is "late 2019". [en.wikipedia.org])

In the meantime - check up "The Tunnel". Especially season 2 is very good. An English/French production starring the beautiful Clémence Poésy. [en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 16, 2019 02:33

Chernobyl on HBO is incredible...terrifying though. It truly plays like a real-life horror film. The stubbornness and mass delusion of the Soviet bureaucrats is infuriating.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 16, 2019 03:28

i just saw 2 or 3 episodes the first year; then no cable; or television actually; for the most part. sure at the bar, where i am now, there's the waitress brb,

yes it was damn good; i like a chick woman with that James Bondette thing goin' on...cute....runs in tee shirts, that's an emmy nom right there if you ask me....she cries but also kills people , a clever mixture or the tough and sensitive....i forget the music...it's not kill bill; but it's sort of def
in the hot zone. plus terrists. ncis; there are fourteen versions; i think they're getting us ready for what's already happened as a distraction...homeland is a metaphor for homeland, the land of your home, get it? now the terrists want to debate all that shit but not Bondette; if i were her though, well, that would be sort of a huge, huge lifestyle change, but if i were , i wudda offed that bearded guy who thinks he's her pimp right off the bat....then if they could get matt damon in there, and she kicks HIS ass; then she wins; the homeland is hers.

good show.

Date: May 18, 2019 10:47

Bump!

Date: May 19, 2019 02:43

Bump. Where are you, Homeland fans?

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: May 19, 2019 05:05

During its first two seasons, Homeland was one of the best (if not the best) program(s) on television. Even as a shadow of what it once was, it's still a great series and worthy of the effort to catch each episode in its final season.

keefriff99
Chernobyl on HBO is incredible...terrifying though. It truly plays like a real-life horror film. The stubbornness and mass delusion of the Soviet bureaucrats is infuriating.

Could not agree more. I thought the first episode of Chernobyl would be the most exciting and intense, but the second episode was even better. I'm looking forward to the final three episodes.

Another great series that I discovered by accident is Killing Eve, on BBC & AMC. It's a suspenseful, dark comedy that's incredibly stylish. Each episode is an experience. An added bonus is the pleasurable relief in hearing that the term, "sociopath," can be used in ways other than as a cable news reference to the current American President.

Date: May 19, 2019 12:04

5stringTele
During its first two seasons, Homeland was one of the best (if not the best) program(s) on television. Even as a shadow of what it once was, it's still a great series and worthy of the effort to catch each episode in its final season.

keefriff99

Could not agree more. I thought the first episode of Chernobyl would be the most exciting and intense, but the second episode was even better. I'm looking forward to the final three episodes.

Another great series that I discovered by accident is Killing Eve, on BBC & AMC. It's a suspenseful, dark comedy that's incredibly stylish. Each episode is an experience. An added bonus is the pleasurable relief in hearing that the term, "sociopath," can be used in ways other than as a cable news reference to the current American President.

Yes 'Chernobyl' has been very good so far. Also "Killing Eve" has that fantastic actress; the one who plays the killer.
Check out "Legion" or first season of "OA" ( completely over the top, but great)

Date: September 27, 2019 23:36

Latest call is February 9th, 2020. In the meantime I'm watching "The Sinner". Second season is up here on SVT (public service). Very good series. Better than Homeland after season 2.

Date: September 27, 2019 23:53

Thanks for the heads up on The Sinner, season 1 was great. Too bad about the delays with Homeland.

Date: March 1, 2020 17:31

Oh hell, have you guys watched the latest episode? It's getting wild. Don't want to say more or give it away. Enjoy!

Date: March 1, 2020 18:02

frankotero
Oh hell, have you guys watched the latest episode? It's getting wild. Don't want to say more or give it away. Enjoy!

Seen the two first episodes. Promising!

Date: March 1, 2020 23:41

If there's a Netflix show that I can recommend it is "Messiah" - just fantastic.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: March 2, 2020 05:56

DeanGoodman
Donnebr

Thanks for the tip:

Fauda
2018 2 Seasons

A top Israeli agent comes out of retirement to hunt for a Palestinian fighter he thought he'd killed, setting a chaotic chain of events into motion.

Fantastic series!

Date: March 2, 2020 09:10

Messiah is another great show in my opinion. Can't wait for the next season.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 9, 2020 17:21

eye popping smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 9, 2020 17:25

How about the one when Gilligan pulls a WWII mine out of the lagoon while fishing.
After the Professor is unable to deactivate the mine, Gilligan tows it back into the lagoon, where it harmlessly explodes.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 17:26 by schillid.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 10, 2020 00:10

Back to the OT: the last ep was great. I think Max is a great character that comes a long way.

Date: April 27, 2020 00:26

Sorry for letting this thread go. I was exiled from the forum for six months so there wasn't much I could do about that. Anyway, looking forward to the series last episode tomorrow on Swedish television (SVT 1).
I believe you have already seen it by now since we're 24 hours behind. I think season 8 has been a decent season. Of course there have been some irregularities. But not more than usual. Sorry to see the series go.
I have kind of grew accustomed to it. Maybe they could go on with Jenna Bragg in Carrie's position? I liked her character. Carrie could step down and become a senior adviser or something. What do you think?
And what do you think about season 8?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home