Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14
Re: OT: Any "Homeland" fans out there?
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 21, 2018 14:20

Yep, the second episode was trailing water. Sometimes close to parody. Let's hope things will shape up. It's still good enough. And I won't give up...
[www.sho.com]

Date: February 21, 2018 15:08

I liked both of the first two episodes. Keep 'em coming!

Date: March 18, 2018 12:28

Time ticks, episode 6 coming out tonight (tomorrow here in Scandinavia). Things are starting to shape up. I'm still in. Another good tv-series I'm following at the moment is "The Sinner".
So far 2 episodes here in Sweden. I'm sure you have already seen it in the states? Bill Pullman is a very good actor. Intriguing stuff. Anyway, looking forward to episode 6 of Homeland tomorrow.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 18, 2018 13:32

The parallel to the real life US drama is a landmine for commentary.
Finished streaming season 2 of ‘Sneaky Pete’ series, excellent.
Homeland tomorrow... I am still betting on Saul and Madame President hooking up drinking smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 18, 2018 17:31

Watched 3 episodes back to back last night of series 7 and its getting better as it goes on.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 18, 2018 18:54

It's definitely better this season, although "truth is stranger than fiction," as Mick once noted. [That's why I gave up on McMafia - it's front-page every day.]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 18, 2018 21:02

DeanGoodman
It's definitely better this season, although "truth is stranger than fiction," as Mick once noted. [That's why I gave up on McMafia - it's front-page every day.]

Agree on the truth bit.

Date: March 19, 2018 13:13

Yes, started watching it, and thought it is pretty good. Surely better than last season. I do wish they would write out this whole bit about her daughter. The segment about the viral life and spread of a Meme was chilling, and most likely the centerpiece of the whole season.

PS - I checked into the show 'Walking Dead" for the first time in 2 years, and wouldn't you believe it: they are STILL chasing after Negan! I could not believe it; it is like the show has not moved one inch in 2 years. I saw part of last episode, and it was exactly the same thing they were doing 2 1/2 years ago.

Date: March 19, 2018 15:05

‘The segment about the viral life and spread of a Meme was chilling, and most likely the centerpiece of the whole season.’

Yes.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 19, 2018 18:13

I hope they pick up the pace. Would be cool if Dante is dirty. That would help the story line for me. By the way I also gave up on Walking Dead. They're really stringing the audience along far too much. Maybe they're looking for a run of 25 seasons, haha.

Date: April 2, 2018 23:37

I say to Carrie Bradshaw:
It sucks being a female genius. What can you do? (shrug)
And to Homeland TV makers:
Please don’t show this biotch locked in a mental hospital again against her will.
You’ve tormented us 3-4 solid wrenching times a 1 second clip of the future threatens it again, just, don’t.

Date: April 3, 2018 00:05

Just watched episode 8 (it's on air one day later in Sweden). Things are starting to unfold now. Russians are the bad guys again. Like in the old days.
A striking resemblance of politics these days (Putin et al). And I do agree, Carrie wouldn't make it for homemaker of the month...

Date: April 3, 2018 02:26

Stoneage
Just watched episode 8 (it's on air one day later in Sweden). Things are starting to unfold now. Russians are the bad guys again. Like in the old days.
A striking resemblance of politics these days (Putin et al). And I do agree, Carrie wouldn't make it for homemaker of the month...

I have watched the FX series ‘The Americans’ since it first aired/ hooked, the last season / series finale just started
Info on that series:
[en.m.wikipedia.org])
intriguing on many levels, 1 having been young and immersed in the American 80’s and the level of authenticity/ the actors, but, alas, Russia/ USA relations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-03 02:28 by 35love.

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: April 3, 2018 03:36

Love the series! Hooked...>grinning smiley<

Date: April 13, 2018 03:47

The childcare situation steals a lot of focus. Let's see now; she works around the clock to save the nation but still doesn't have a job? She recieves no salary and lives off her sister.
And her work to save the nation gives her no time to spend with her daughter. What a mess! Or farcical rather, I'm afraid...

Date: April 13, 2018 08:46

Surely must be the hospital next now for Carrie? What a breakdown..

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 13, 2018 14:39

To be honest I'm losing interest in the show. It's missing that edge of the seat excitement it used to have. The child is getting in the way of the story. It's almost a different show.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 13, 2018 14:42

Yep!! ... as good ole W.C said .... Never work with children of animals.....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 18, 2018 02:31

Are y’all caught up?
if not, bye

Every season when ‘Homeland’ works my very last nerve/ medial scene phobias
I swear off the show.
Having somehow recorded the USA President speaking live Sunday b4 the opening
threatening the USSR, did speed up my pulse as a prelude to the needle drug horror of scene 1.
I am pleased how the home scenes played out. I thought the sisters speech in court brilliant, and if Carrie turned after that, well, we would have finally concluded she wasn’t actually human.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 18, 2018 03:11

frankotero
To be honest I'm losing interest in the show. It's missing that edge of the seat excitement it used to have. The child is getting in the way of the story. It's almost a different show.

I agree. I watch the show but still waiting for a change. Maybe the next ep. is meant to be the one.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 18, 2018 03:13

frankotero

The kid's history. My only quibble was the ease with which the bad guy wandered about two hospitals. Wouldn't have happened if Michael Corleone had been there.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 18, 2018 03:35

frankotero
To be honest I'm losing interest in the show. It's missing that edge of the seat excitement it used to have.

To be honest, I lost interest already during the 2nd season and stopped watching it after the first few episodes of the 3rd season. Got too predictable, the scheme behind it became transparent too quick.

Date: April 18, 2018 04:01

doitywoik
frankotero
To be honest I'm losing interest in the show. It's missing that edge of the seat excitement it used to have.

To be honest, I lost interest already during the 2nd season and stopped watching it after the first few episodes of the 3rd season. Got too predictable, the scheme behind it became transparent too quick.

*it feels eerie real time, and I don’t have many shows I watch, really, but I keep with it/ Saul’s cool man cool smiley

Date: April 18, 2018 04:13

I love how Saul walks anywhere he @#$%& wants- hidden diamond merchant shops in NYC, Israel Palenstinian boarder,
I still would like him to save the world and
bang the President
LOL

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 18, 2018 04:25

No

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 18, 2018 04:58

Palace Revolution 2000
PS - I checked into the show 'Walking Dead" for the first time in 2 years, and wouldn't you believe it: they are STILL chasing after Negan! I could not believe it; it is like the show has not moved one inch in 2 years. I saw part of last episode, and it was exactly the same thing they were doing 2 1/2 years ago.

Last Sunday they got him, finally, Was about time indeed. The Negan story went on way too long.

Date: April 18, 2018 17:32

Believe it or not - I'm still in. And I will follow this series to the end (if I'm able to...). It's like The Rolling Stones; I don't give up that easily.
At least this series reflects over current political issues. So, let's hope for a pacey ending of season 7 now...

Date: April 30, 2018 23:02

So, last episode coming up now. This will be interesting. I will follow it up later...

Date: April 30, 2018 23:39

ETA: I comment below my reaction to last episode don’t look maybe until after

Quite horrifying
for God’s sake
what more on this woman
One season left/ announced/ next season series finale
I plea:
Return her to us whole
I really/ seriously this time/ no more hospital scenes shock therapy
Pass some time and present her bad ass self Day 1 fit and sharp
or write her out
That’s all I got.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-30 23:42 by 35love.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: May 1, 2018 00:16

How many times can this ludicrously unrealistic show jump the shark. Oh yeah, EVERY single time. ( I'll still watch the next season just to cheer when Carrie finally gets smoked.)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home